Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
bcorcoran

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Sound icon on home screen

Please Login to Remove!

I have a user that has a Blackberry Tour 9630 on Verizon running software version 5.0.519. He has an issue that in handling his Tour he is always opening the sound profile by clicking on the speaker icon on the home screen. It opens and something always gets selected. He isn't doing this on purpose, the trackball keeps landing on the icon and it opens, he clicks and changes are made. Silent may be selected and then he isn't notified of incoming calls, etc... you get the picture.

Is there a way I can make the speaker (sound profile) on the home screen not be a selection like the older blackberries? Is this a theme thing? Does anyone know of a theme I can get that will shut this off?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bobbi
Old 05-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Jaguarr40

Model: 9630
PIN: PM Me & Just Ask
Post Re: Sound icon on home screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcorcoran View Post
I have a user that has a Blackberry Tour 9630 on Verizon running software version 5.0.519. He has an issue that in handling his Tour he is always opening the sound profile by clicking on the speaker icon on the home screen. It opens and something always gets selected. He isn't doing this on purpose, the trackball keeps landing on the icon and it opens, he clicks and changes are made. Silent may be selected and then he isn't notified of incoming calls, etc... you get the picture.

Is there a way I can make the speaker (sound profile) on the home screen not be a selection like the older blackberries? Is this a theme thing? Does anyone know of a theme I can get that will shut this off?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bobbi
I have truly never heard of something like this going on and I have had my Tour for the 2 years since i'ts intro.

I have the 5 icons on my main doc and of course the speaker icon on the upper left corner. I have never had a problem when I push the trackball as I always have my Contacts icon highlighted in my 5 icins and I have that contact icon as the very first one. It never moves from there unless I move it by using my trackball and this goese for rolling it up to the speaker icon.

One last hing, whatever icin is highlighted including the speaker icon, upon the first press of the trackball or even your escape key to wake the screen nothing is going to be opened up by just doing that until you then press the trackball to select the highlighted icon.

Beta Tester For Bellshare - Apps. Like BerryWeather And Many Other Great BlackBerry Apps.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint
Default Re: Sound icon on home screen

Since upgrading to the Tour from an 8330 Curve I have had the experience of finding the Sound icon highlighted constantly. It seems as though the trackball is just sensitive enough to move up if I just move it ever so slightly. I don't feel like I am pushing it up, but apparently the BB feels differently. It happens as I scroll across the icons at the bottom of my home screen

I agree with Jaguarr40 about having to do more than highlight the icon. I have never unintentionally changed any profile as that would involve several clicks of the trackball and I see the error way before I push the trackball. I am also looking as I scroll so I notice the icons at the bottome are not highlighting as I scroll.

Your user needs to pay a bit more attention as he scrolls. He must be scrolling and clicking without looking. Maybe increasing or decreasing the trackball sensitivity might help him? I never got around to that, but I just did lower it a bit to try.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
bcorcoran

Model: 9530

It is definately the user's attention (or lack thereof) that is getting him in trouble. I'm hoping that I made him more aware of what he is doing and that will help this not to happen as much to him. I was just hoping that there may be a theme that could make the icon not clickable, like the older blackberries.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Why not just move the icon into a folder so it's not on the Home Screen?
Closed Thread