BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Uncle Dimmy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Turning off the message page for missed calls, calender events, etc..

Please Login to Remove!

Is there a way to turn off the little page where it shows you the missed calls, messages unread, calender events, etc...? I ask because I leave my phone in my truck at times and I'll miss quite a few calls, sometimes 5 - 10, but sometimes I miss 30+ calls. It takes for ever to clear the list of missed calls because there is no method to mass clear them. So, you have to do it one by one. It takes too long to do that. The old BB Bold I had would show you the missed calls, you click on it, look at it, and when you left it cleared itself.

Just an annoying feature I'd like to turn off or just do a mass clear.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
kalinka
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT and verizon

I have been looking for a way to do that as well so I am hoping someone has figured it out. I like that it is there, its just a pain to delete every one of them singularly
Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
Uncle Dimmy

I'd like to know if this is even possible. If it's not possible, please someone tell me.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

To mass clear in any other part [emails, sms's etc] you would highlight the date bar and press menu - delete prior.
Im not sure if its possible as im unfamiliar with the layout.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 09-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
Uncle Dimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDraven View Post
To mass clear in any other part [emails, sms's etc] you would highlight the date bar and press menu - delete prior.
Im not sure if its possible as im unfamiliar with the layout.
Yeah, I tried that, won't work. Just gives you two options, switch application or options. Options doesn't work as that takes you to Home Screen Preferences where you select "Launch by Typing", "Wallpaper Settings", "Downloads Folder", and "Reset to Default Settings".

I've tried to hold down the shift key and select multiple items, no workie either. Between stupid mistakes like this one to the horribly slow software, BB really jacked up a chance at having a really nice device. Seriously ready to give it back and go get an iPhone. This thing is just too slow.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dimmy View Post
Yeah, I tried that, won't work. Just gives you two options, switch application or options. Options doesn't work as that takes you to Home Screen Preferences where you select "Launch by Typing", "Wallpaper Settings", "Downloads Folder", and "Reset to Default Settings".

I've tried to hold down the shift key and select multiple items, no workie either. Between stupid mistakes like this one to the horribly slow software, BB really jacked up a chance at having a really nice device. Seriously ready to give it back and go get an iPhone. This thing is just too slow.
That is just a notification screen.
I have not seen how to change its behavioir either
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
kalinka
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT and verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dimmy View Post

I agree that they have missed the mark on making a really good idea fly. I have not had any issues with slowness but i have found many seemingly stupid issues that does not seem to be consistent with all my other experiences with BB.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
JLP

What MidnightDraven posted above is close, just go to the messages folder, select the date, and select Mark Prior Opened. You can also do this after selecting just the unread missed call notifications.

If you don't want calls in messages at all, go to Phone Options, Call Logs and Lists, and set the Show these call log types in message list to "Off". Not sure if that will change the notification or not.

You can't clear the notifications, but you can clear the underlying cause of the notifications.

HTH
Old 09-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
jimmyh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

Pull up your e-mail and select the menu tab---then select "View Folder" there you will see a list of folders which also include "Missed Calls". It does have a delete prior but I didn't have but one missed call so I don't know if it works. You May also be able to highlight and delete. Hope this helps.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:16 AM   #10
Uncle Dimmy

Thanks for all of the suggestions. None of them worked. I had already gone into the messages menu and removed missed calls from showing up. That didn't help the notifications screen. It's funny, the slowness that I was seeing went away everytime I removed the battery and rebooted the phone, only to return within a day or so. I talked with Blackberry about it and they told me I was "over loading" the phone with so many contacts, calendar items, tasks, facebook, etc... That was all I needed to hear... took the phone back to AT&T 3 days ago and got my money back. Purchased an iPhone 4 32gig. Funny thing is this phone handles all of my stuff with no problem.

My point to this is to say Thank you for helping out. I think the Torch is a great device that missed the mark with a very slow processesor. I'm not knocking the Torch for any other reason than being super slow. Maybe I'm just to A.D.D. to handle the Torch, but if it were faster, it could be the best device on the market.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #11
tbird57
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: OU812
Carrier: AT$T/Choked

msg>alt>p delete prior

PS.. make sure your close to a outlet to plug your iPhone in cuz the battery blows!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by tbird57; 09-29-2010 at 07:11 AM..
Old 09-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
casmer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird57 View Post
msg>alt>p delete prior

PS.. make sure your close to a outlet to plug your iPhone in cuz the battery blows!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
you can also hold the top date long enough for the pop-up menu to open and "mark prior opened". so you can clear the list without deleting them all.
Closed Thread