ronrad
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmetman
UPDATE:

I don't know why it works (and the Cingular rep didn't think it would work), but I had them add "WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00", to my features, and now I can use Ramble.
Beware of this! My SO had their 8700C setup with unlimited and the pay per use. The device defaulted to pay per use for each internt connection made, instead of running on the unlimited. We had a nasty phone bill! We got them to remove the charges, and take off that service and it is working fine. (I'm developing an application that goes to the web for data using any available connection, and it works on hers with WAP or TCP)
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:29 AM   #242
jamoses

Model: 7290
Carrier: att

(BB newbie)
I'm trying to get simple web/html browsing working on my BB7290.
I've tried everything in this thread. I've set my unlocked 7290's APN to "proxy" and tried the values that works on my simple little Nokia 3120. Still no internet browsing is possible on my 7290. I guess I dont understand. Why can't I just move my Cingular blue (former AT&T) SIM from my Nokia 3120 to my BB 7290 phone?? What is the difference between the two? My 3120 has a gateway of 10.250.250.250 and the BB doesnt have a place to put that. Still. Since it is certainly possible to browse the web, and use the Yahoo mail wireless App on my Nokia 3120, it should be possible to do it on the BB. Can anyone explain why they are different or how to get it working?

-JimM
Old 03-29-2006, 04:12 PM   #243
cadeucsb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

For those of you Cingular Orange folks who are getting tunnel errors even after you setup the WAP settings per Post#1 of this thread this is what you need to do...(which is what i did 15min ago)

I called yesterday because i was being charged per use even with my unlimited BB plan. They fixed it, removed the per use and credited my account. But last night i realized that when they removed the per use, they also killed my Cingular.WAP access...which led to tunnel errors on Ramble, Jmirc etc...

So I called today, explained what they did yesterday and told them the service rep i originally got the service from told me Cingular.WAP would roll into the Unlimited data plan and that I needed access to it, but didnt want to be charged per use again by just undoing what was fixed yesterday.

At this point it didnt seem promising, rep didnt really know what i was talking about and even mentioned the blackberry apn only gives access to the BB apps...i thought i would be SOL. So he puts me on hold and comes back and says this is what he did... and its what you need to ask for...

He removed my previous Blackberry Addon plan and added a different one called the BB Connect Plan which they sometimes use on some nokia device... he basically said its the same addon with WAP access and its free (rolls in the unlimited plan).

So after a quick reset, I am up and running and I will check to see if I get charged again for per use, but I shouldnt since its a new add on... not per use.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:52 PM   #244
Eric5273
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadeucsb
For those of you Cingular Orange folks who are getting tunnel errors even after you setup the WAP settings per Post#1 of this thread this is what you need to do...(which is what i did 15min ago)

I called yesterday because i was being charged per use even with my unlimited BB plan. They fixed it, removed the per use and credited my account. But last night i realized that when they removed the per use, they also killed my Cingular.WAP access...which led to tunnel errors on Ramble, Jmirc etc...

So I called today, explained what they did yesterday and told them the service rep i originally got the service from told me Cingular.WAP would roll into the Unlimited data plan and that I needed access to it, but didnt want to be charged per use again by just undoing what was fixed yesterday.

At this point it didnt seem promising, rep didnt really know what i was talking about and even mentioned the blackberry apn only gives access to the BB apps...i thought i would be SOL. So he puts me on hold and comes back and says this is what he did... and its what you need to ask for...

He removed my previous Blackberry Addon plan and added a different one called the BB Connect Plan which they sometimes use on some nokia device... he basically said its the same addon with WAP access and its free (rolls in the unlimited plan).

So after a quick reset, I am up and running and I will check to see if I get charged again for per use, but I shouldnt since its a new add on... not per use.
I was wondering how they were going to handle this. The "Blackberry Connect" plan is a brand new plan specifically for the Nokia 9300. Since the Nokia 9300 uses a regular non-blackberry web browser, RealPlayer, and other apps that may access the internet, they needed a way to offer access to both wap.cingular and the blackberry APN. Looks like this is the solution.

I just ordered the 9300, however I decided not to get the Blackberry service and I'm just going with their PDA Connect plan for $39.99.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #245
Schwin97

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

cadeucsb,

The instructions you gave worked perfectly!!! I just got off the phone with the cingular rep and asked her to set me up with the BB Connect Unlimited plan and I am no longer getting the tunnel errors.

Finally can start looking at 3rd party apps again.

THANK YOU!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:43 PM   #246
cadeucsb

sweet... glad it helped...perhaps sticky it to the top of the thread if its a new option for people...
Old 04-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #247
waynehodges

Smile VERICHAT FIX - More info on overcoming "Could Not Open Tunnel" Problem

I travel internationally, and always must request - and disable - international calling services each trip. Along the way, my BB calling or data or Verichat service undoubtedly gets screwed up. This time, i got the dreaded "Tunnel" message.

I called Blackberry Technical Support - (They call it Cingular/Blackberry Data Support). The NEW U.S. number is 800 331-0500.

The Rep i spoke to said, you want the normal BB Connect Plan. The problem is there are many "Normal" BB Connect Plans, all given at the same price. But HERE'S THE KEY - you must tell them that you need the Connect Plan that gives you "2 Domains". This would be the Cingular/BlackBerry domain and an external WAP domain. He said if anyone had problems they should ask their rep for a plan that offers two domains - if they don't understand, have them connect you to the Data Support area and they will know what you mean.

Once he did that - and nothing more - my BB got reconnected to Verichat.

GREAT - Now i'm connected again, and so will you!
Old 04-08-2006, 03:36 AM   #248
digitus

Model: 8700g

Hi Ron,

Did you ever get the problem resolved with SingTel? I have a BB 8700g with both BES and BIS. Push mail and web/wap access work fine, but none of the proxy-less chat clients work. I've tried QuickIM, BerryVine, Verichat and all cannot connect. But clients such as IM+ and WebMessenger do. SingTel's support people also couldn't get the 7100's to connect with the proxy-less clients. (What's worse is that my intranet access is broken too!)

Regards,

/Ben
Old 04-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #249
samhnky

Model: 7100g
Question 7100t on Dobson Network

Hey guys, my father just purchased a 7100t, which as you probably know was made for t-mobile... Well we are on the Cellular One / Dobson Cellular network (semi-big provider in KY, TN,...) He bought it because the local store said it would work, but now that he has it, and we called tech support they say that the bb will only operate as a phone on their network, and the data service can not be connected. I almost believe them because so many of the settings for data are not accessible (i.e. when I try to put the settings from my phone into his, many of the settings don't have the capability of being added, or changed) So I'm curious about three things... First if I update the bb's os is there any chance of it locking again (switching back to t-mobile only bb), second if i upgrade the bb would that open those settings up for being edited, and finaly where should i download an updated os for it... could I download the update from cellular ones site (made for the 7100g) and maybe that would fix everything?

Thank you for your help
Sam
Old 04-10-2006, 09:04 PM   #250
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

1) Once u unlock a phone, it cannot be relocked again. 2) I don't know if upgrading will allow those settings to be edited. 3) I forgot the exact link for the upgrade but use the one for the 7100g and it will upgrade. It's at http://www.blackberry.com under software but I don't remember the direct link. Don't know if that will fix all your problems. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #251
awdawg

Model: 7250
Carrier: US Cellular

Hey, I currently have a Blackberry 7250 through US Cellular and am paying 39.95 for their Blackberry Data Plan, but I really dont want to pay for it anymore, that extra 40 bucks is starting to add up especially when I really dont use it all that much, it just comes in handy. Is there a way I can find the information to input in manually to get the connections for free? Or how did you guys go about finding the information for the other Cellular Service Providers.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #252
Malevolo

Hi, I just got an 8700c (running cingular, with WIX/pay per use plan, etc.) and I'm wondering if it's still possible to access the net (aka reveal the browser icon in my blackberry) without actually signing up for a BES/blackberry specific plan. I'm running 4.1.0.286.

I get the data connection refused line at the top. I've set the apn to isp.cingular.com, usr to [email address] and pw to CINGULAR1. No luck. I've also tried going to host routing tables and clicking "Register now". Is this work-around no longer possible or is there something I'm missing? Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:49 PM   #253
xxxspank

Default Niiiice

NewBie here. Just did this and it works Great.

BB 7290
Old 04-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #254
junior2121

Model: 7520

hi im new to blackberry ..... im wondering how do i get free internet service on my blackberry 7520 from nextel ????
Old 04-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #255
assault

Model: 7230
Unhappy

hey guys i`ved just bought a 7230 bb and i can`t connect to the internet through tcp. did someone managed to make it work.

ps: i`m from Romania and my bb os is 4.0.0.188
Old 04-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #256
CoolTv

Model: 7100i
Default Nextel i7100 Static IP / Public IP / Private IP

I have read hear that you need a Static IP, and nextel currently seems to be offering a free upgrade to Public IP... is this the same thing... or do I still need to call to have Static Turned on?

Later

CoolTv

Last edited by CoolTv; 04-27-2006 at 12:39 PM..
Old 04-28-2006, 03:25 AM   #257
aburt

Model: 9700
Carrier: tmobile
Default Battery icon in browser titlebar on 8700 with 4.1 OS?

Just upgraded from a 7100t to an 8700g, love it, but I noticed the title bar in the browser no longer displays the battery level icon like it did on the 7100. Is there any way to convince the 8700 to do that again?

(Especially now with EDGE where you can actually browse and not die of old age. So now you die from not knowing your battery was running low!

Thanks,

--Andrew
Old 04-29-2006, 01:17 AM   #258
paladino

Model: 8700C

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehodges
I travel internationally, and always must request - and disable - international calling services each trip. Along the way, my BB calling or data or Verichat service undoubtedly gets screwed up. This time, i got the dreaded "Tunnel" message.

I called Blackberry Technical Support - (They call it Cingular/Blackberry Data Support). The NEW U.S. number is 800 331-0500.

The Rep i spoke to said, you want the normal BB Connect Plan. The problem is there are many "Normal" BB Connect Plans, all given at the same price. But HERE'S THE KEY - you must tell them that you need the Connect Plan that gives you "2 Domains". This would be the Cingular/BlackBerry domain and an external WAP domain. He said if anyone had problems they should ask their rep for a plan that offers two domains - if they don't understand, have them connect you to the Data Support area and they will know what you mean.

Once he did that - and nothing more - my BB got reconnected to Verichat.

GREAT - Now i'm connected again, and so will you!

I just had them change me over to the BB Connect Plan and all my 3rd party stuff (VeriChat, bbWeather, etc) works now but my BB Browser does not work anymore.

Richard
Old 05-02-2006, 11:28 AM   #259
cookie

Model: 9900
Carrier: Three Ireland

for O2 Ireland
APN=internet
Usernamefor APN= gprs
Password for APN= gprs
Old 05-06-2006, 12:00 AM   #260
isosceles

Does anyone know if Cincinnati Bell has changed their APN settings? I've tried the settings listed here on an 8700 with no luck. I've also called Cincinnati Bell and they assume the problem is with third party apps, not a procedural question about utilizing the full power of the internet. Any tips would be appreciated.