BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
roise_r

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Gmail spam system causing me trouble - spam emails not being forwarded

Please Login to Remove!

hello, i have this thing going on with gmail spam system getting in my way. I will explain my e-mail forwarding topology: I have a paid pop3 e-mail account hosted here in bulgaria, and i have a bb which I tried to make it work with that e-mail account, but it turned out that the time it takes for bb service to retrieve the new received e-mail from my pop3 provider sometimes exceeds 20 minutes, which i cant accept, so i thought of a way to forward new mails form my pop3 account to a newly opened gmail account, which it turned out to work quite good and fast

1. My pop3 account recieves e-mail
2. pop3 account forwards new e-mail to gmail account
3. bb service retrieves new email from gmail account for about 5-6 seconds, then pushes to bb device
4. i got mail!!!

problem: some emails forwarded from my pop3 account get in the spam folder on the gmail account and thus, dont get pushed to the bb. They are not spam, i already have anti-spam system working on my pop3 account. ALL email forwarded to gmail are not spam. i constantly press "Not Spam" button, but still the spam folder gets new emails which are not pushed. I made filters saying "add star to new mails" thinking that important messages will not be checked by antispam system, but no work, mails get stared and still go into spam folder. I tried a couple of other things which now i think it was stupid even trying. I tried to find some [email address], but all i get is some round around troubleshooting FAQ. So I ran out of ideas, and i wrote here, maybe someone could give me a hint on what should i do...

10x in advance
Old 03-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

You should be able to forward your e-mails directly from your POP account to your [email address] address...? Or can you close or turn off spam control completely on your gmail account?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
roise_r

well i'll be damned. this is one thing i didnt think of... to use the e-mail given by default when buying bb service... 10x alot, i hope it doesn't have anti-spam system, or even if it has, it can be turned off... cause gmail's can't... one thing remains to be checked, does my pop3 account work well with the given by bb service email account... and how do i actually access this given account, does it has web based interface, like gmail, so i can change options and most importantly - to DISABLE spam guard... 10x again JSanders...
Old 03-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

I am on Tmobile, there is no spam blocking service to my @tmo.blackberry.net account. I am pretty sure there is none on the others as well.

Access your BIS account from your carrier's website, support for your phone, etc., you'll find it there. You cannot access the actual mail from there, but it is where you setup your account, etc.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
roise_r

so where can access the actual mail..or is it only BB based, does it have pop3 at least...?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Access to your blackberry.net mail is normally only accessible on your device. I understand in the past it was accessible on earlier versions of BIS, but not those running BIS 2.0. I don't know what your carrier has.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
roise_r

Wink

ok, 10x i will contact my carrier for detailed info... i will write back about any info i have that may be in use to other bulgarian clients to bb
Old 03-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #8
*&))
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

if the mail is forwarded then should it have you email address as the one of the sources of the forward, and if so then you should add the pop address to your address book, which in turn would stop the spam from catching your mail.

Last edited by *&)); 03-06-2007 at 06:19 PM..
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #9
roise_r

Unhappy

now... why sometimes i think i am so stupid... why didn't i think of that... !!!

P.S.
@ *&))
OK, that didn't work. In all email messages, the "from" field contains the original sender's address, not pop3's address. My pop3 account only shows as the recipient. No other addresses are present for my pop3 account as some kind of sender, even as just a forwarder whatsoever. I went into message options and to some option saying "show original" there it had some text-code with all kind of info about sender and receiver like date, encryption, servers, routing, but i wouldn't know what to do with it, if you are referring to it...

Last edited by roise_r; 03-07-2007 at 06:46 AM..
Closed Thread