BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 02-20-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
jrba

Model: 7230
Default Does a BB sync with items moved from your inbox in Outlook?

Please Login to Remove!

I have my BB set up so that deleted items synchronise between Outlook and the BB and visa versa and this works fine.

However when I move some items from my inbox (in Outlook) to, say, a personal folder they don't disappear from the messages folder in the BB.

Is there anything I can do to make this work?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
hooba
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7730

go into message options, is "hide filed messages" set to yes?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
udontknowjack
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hooba, this is not correct. jrba said the messsages are being moved to a personal folder. Hiding filed messages is only for folders in the mailbox. If you move your mail to Personal folders, the BB can't find them. The email has to stay in the mbilbox and have "hide filed messages" set to no.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
hondacrvaz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular/at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrba
I have my BB set up so that deleted items synchronise between Outlook and the BB and visa versa and this works fine.

However when I move some items from my inbox (in Outlook) to, say, a personal folder they don't disappear from the messages folder in the BB.

Is there anything I can do to make this work?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately NO this has been my biggest issue with the BB since I switched from the Treo 650. You can however set it up so if you delete an email from Outlook it will remove it from your BB and vice a versa, but if you move the email say into another folder that change won't sync the email on a BB it isn't a true sync it's only async.

I've trained users to first delete the email in Outlook than you move the email into your personal folders it adds another step but eliminates the need to constantly clean-up your messages folder on your BB.

Kinda funny huh since the big deal with the BB has always been email but it's just push email basically fire and forget. Now the calendar and notes are true sync.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:30 AM   #5
jrba

Model: 7230

Thanks for your advice. Now using a workaround where I copy the items to a personal folder and then delete them from my inbox in Outlook which then takes them out of the BB.

A bit frustrating but does the trick.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:11 AM   #6
drb0

Model: 8700
Cool

I think it is really disappointing that Blackberry has not fixed this.
You would think that someone at Blackberry files a message in Outlook offline folders!

Another method that keeps the inbox clean and easy to do (Drag and Drop) to get around this issue is;

• Setup:
a. Create a Processed folder in the Mailbox from Outlook
b. Set AutoArchive for this folder to >1 Days and file to Offline Folder

• Use:
a. File messages to Processed from either the BB or the desktop

• Cleanup:
a. Every few days run through the Offline Processed folder and sort to appropriate sub offline folders.

I think it is better than leaving things in the Inbox on the BB so that they can be sorted later on the desktop.

There are variants of the scheme. You could file directly from the Mailbox.Processed folder to the Offline Folders and not AutoArchive the Processed folder at all. The only issue is that the Mailbox.Processed folder has the same issue, files moved to offline folders still show up on the BB.

This idea was suggested to me by a friend

Regards Denis
Old 09-25-2006, 11:42 PM   #7
Yo55arian

Model: 8100

This is incredibly annoying. Everyone goes on about how good BB is for email, I'm a new user and it is hard to see how the email program is even half as good as the standard issue Pocket PC email on MS devices.

What business user of email doesn't have offline .pst files?

I'm thinking it might be better to think of the BB as just a dead end device for reading email, rather than as a way to manage it.

Is there any way to move an email into a holding folder in BB email? Or is the only thing you can do delete it?