Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #141
philton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
PIN: 32ba516d
Carrier: Alltel

Please Login to Remove!

I have downloaded this app on my 8703e from alltel and i get the screen where the program says loading and then i get 'unable to start InfoSpace Find It! Possible network problems, try again.'

I cannot get past this.

I click OK, Try again and get the same thing.

Am i missing something?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #142
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagga
Also with this & the 8800 will we see Canadian content supported/provided since Rogers Wireless in Canada just officially announced and began shipping the 8800? The 8100 is already been out for a while now.

Thanks.

I wish I could use this as I am a Rogers Wireless subscriber in Canada. I've heard great things about this app. I tried it myself but no Canadian content :(
Old 04-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #143
howitzer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

Ditto on the "Network Problems" issue with Tmobile.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:27 PM   #144
timnicholson

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default InfoSpace FindIt Can't Connect

I installed this a while ago and it worked just fine. I haven't tried to use it in a while and just tried again and it gives me a network connection error. So I re-installed the latest release (I was only one dot-release old) and I still get the same error.

I've checked my settings for Cingular as suggested in this thread.

The only thing I can think of that might effect this is I ran the Cingular 4.2 update a while ago, possibly in between when it was working and when it stopped working.

I know this isn't a lot to go on, but can we confirm it works with the latest Cingular 4.2 update? Any other things to try?

Also, any new news on when the BB Pearl will be supported when using GPS Pucks? You guys are going to get a lot of use from people like myself that don't want to pay Telenav $10+/month for the same service. Keep up the great work on the app. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #145
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnicholson View Post
I installed this a while ago and it worked just fine. I haven't tried to use it in a while and just tried again and it gives me a network connection error. So I re-installed the latest release (I was only one dot-release old) and I still get the same error.

I've checked my settings for Cingular as suggested in this thread.

The only thing I can think of that might effect this is I ran the Cingular 4.2 update a while ago, possibly in between when it was working and when it stopped working.

I know this isn't a lot to go on, but can we confirm it works with the latest Cingular 4.2 update? Any other things to try?

Also, any new news on when the BB Pearl will be supported when using GPS Pucks? You guys are going to get a lot of use from people like myself that don't want to pay Telenav $10+/month for the same service. Keep up the great work on the app. Thanks!
Hey all, sorry I have been absent for a while. Malik has been walking through a few of you getting things fixed.

So, quick update. We have been working with RIM on their APIs and the way you author a program to connect to the internet with BIS/BES/TCP. We believe we have a fix that will correct any network connectivity issues people are seeing. Malik has been recruiting a few people to test this when it is ready. (over the next couple weeks). We want to make sure this change is solid before releasing it.. so thanks for your patience.. but something is on the way that should take care of things for you.

As far as GPS puck support, give us a little more time there. Rest assured, I personally own an 8100 and a puck, you can take a guess as to how bad I want this as well. Things are moving forward. Lots more to come on this app for all. (and thanks for the words of encouragement from the ones who are using it, it is great to hear. )
Old 04-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #146
torinate

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I am with Rogers Wireless in Ontario. Does this work here?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #147
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

The app only returns U.S. info, I wish it returned Canadian info. It's a great app! I'm still hoping that in the near future that infospace supports Canadian info.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 AM   #148
GMCloud27

Model: 9000
PIN: 21997C19
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonent View Post
I'm going to have to take this off. I tried it again and my screen turned grey and the phone locked up with a flashing red light. I could hit the button to make the screen lighter and darker but the phone was hard locked up other than that. I held down the power button and it finally displayed the Sprint logo and said "Shutting down"

I tried it one last time and I highlighted the application and hit the wheel and the phone locked up at the home screen.

Edit: I just launched the BB Maps program and when I clicked on "Start GPS" the phone screen went black with a red light and rebooted.... Something may be going on w/ my GPS.
I get a similar issue although my 8800 goes to grey screen and no LED or anything, it's completely locked up. I then uninstalled, reinstalled, and now i get back to the same network issues as before (before i got this but then one day i tried it and it worked, but then got to the last step in planning a nav route and bam, grey screen and it then happened everytime i loaded the app).
Old 04-22-2007, 08:15 AM   #149
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Used to work on my 8800 also, now, just the network - try again error everyone else is reporting. Any word on how to correct this or a fix? All of my wap and firewall settings are correct.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #150
MrWhite

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

Just downloaded it onto my 7130e w/ Sprint. Pinpointed my location and found everything I searched for nearby. Works great so far!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #151
Mikepraba

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

is there any data consumption charge? if the application is free but you have to pay for air time or date consumption then would rather use bbmaps any comments?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #152
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikepraba View Post
is there any data consumption charge? if the application is free but you have to pay for air time or date consumption then would rather use bbmaps any comments?

I believe it uses data.

However, Doesn't BBMaps use data too?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #153
is300sam

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am a Verizon 8703e user and I found htis post yesterday and tried it out. I have the program up and running on my phone, but the only problem is that it never comes back with results of my location. After it loads on my Blackberry, it says Finding location... but then never finds anything. It changes to enter location. I am located currently in Auburn, Alabama, so do you think it is because I am in a small town? I figured I would get something though. Let me know if there is anything different I should do. My GPS is turned on too. I made sure of that. Let me know. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:53 PM   #154
timnicholson

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan View Post
I believe it uses data.

However, Doesn't BBMaps use data too?
BBMaps definitely uses data. As does Telenav. I haven't really even seen map applications for the BB that use saved maps on the microSD card.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #155
RochesterBBUser

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog View Post
I like the applications feel. I must say though the limited map zooming is not quite enough IMO even with my reading glasses. If I were not familar with the local I looked at this am, it would be hard to read the map.
I agree with the lack of zooming. So far, i have only looked at the maps on my 8700c, but I may install on my wife's 8800. There are a number of streets that seem to have no label at max zoom, and the rest are almost unreadable.

I do like the clean interface, though it seems that in my early playing around, that I have to reconfirm my location frequently.

Please fix the zoom to allow at least 1 to 2 more levels.

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #156
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochesterBBUser View Post
I agree with the lack of zooming. So far, i have only looked at the maps on my 8700c, but I may install on my wife's 8800. There are a number of streets that seem to have no label at max zoom, and the rest are almost unreadable.

I do like the clean interface, though it seems that in my early playing around, that I have to reconfirm my location frequently.

Please fix the zoom to allow at least 1 to 2 more levels.

Thanks.
Thanks for taking the time to try and comment on the app. Zooming in is something we can address. I spoke with one of the developers today and we will try to get something for a fix in an upcoming release. I cant guarantee the next version because that is a small patch release and it is locked down for features, but soon..
Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #157
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider View Post
Used to work on my 8800 also, now, just the network - try again error everyone else is reporting. Any word on how to correct this or a fix? All of my wap and firewall settings are correct.
There are some issues with the way certain configurations are connecting to the network and the way the app is built. We have what is believed to be a fix coming very soon on this. Once the beta users verify and we finalize our QA, we will be ready to go.. stand by
Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #158
c3maddox

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Default Infospace for 7100i Nextel

Do you know why I can never load mads or directions? The rest seams to work fine. Is this really free??? Hard to believe something soooo good can be free.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #159
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3maddox View Post
Do you know why I can never load mads or directions? The rest seams to work fine. Is this really free??? Hard to believe something soooo good can be free.

Thanks
I am not sure why you are having issues with the maps and directions. Private Message Malik above, I will give him a heads up that you will be contacting him. I will put you on the list to try the new build and see if it fixes your issues.

As far as free.. yes, totally free. It is suggested you have a data plan on your phone that is unlimited.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #160
BadBadBMan

Carrier: fido

I can not download it. FIDO network doesnt work with BB browser but operaMINI. But last step to confirm download, it goes back to BB browser.
How can I install it by copy the jad file to BB and run files in bb?
Closed Thread