BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #21
PhilMax
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g

Please Login to Remove!

Jabra has a compatability guide that might be useful. I've seen people indicating problems trying to use the 800 with the 7100 or 7250. Neither is apparently compatible with the Jabra BT800.

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...ilityGuide.htm

Who says they can't teach an 'old dog' new tricks!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #22
n2bass

Model: 7520

I just purchased the HS850 to go along with my 7520, I will post an update in a few days. So far it seems to be doing well. I would still like to get a scala 500 to try, I hear it works well with the 7520.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:54 PM   #23
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

N2bass what part of Alabama are you from maybe could meet up somewhere and let you tri it out I live in west Georgia
Old 05-16-2005, 11:54 AM   #24
dhetzel

Dawg,

Hey, are you a nextel user? I just got a 7520 on nextel and I'm wondering what would be a good btooth headset for it. Are there any that directly support PTT? By "West Georgia" do you mean down I85 south from Atlanta? (I live in Hogansville, between Newnan and LaGrange...)

Also, I tried to send you a note by pin but got "Message Status: refused by service" any clues?

Regards,

-Dorn

Last edited by dhetzel; 05-16-2005 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 05-16-2005, 08:32 PM   #25
Jase88
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJack
Is anyone aware of a good Bluetooth headset that is not "over the ear" but goes over the head. I have been flamed in other forums for asking this question, but I wear glasses and find it very uncomfortable without a head band. Currently I have a Plantronics wired headset and everytime I see one in a store and ask the reps indicate they sell real well so I can not be the only one.
VXI BlueParrott B100. It's an over the head design with a boom microphone. I'm waiting for a testing unit, and I'll report back my findings. This device also comes with a base station which allows you to hook up the device to a regular phone.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #26
n2bass

I haven a HS850 and it works great with my 7520. The only thing I have noticed is that sometimes the volume is a little low on my end.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:40 AM   #27
vberry

Model: 7290

Speakers Motorola HS800 & Jabra SP100, headsets Jabra BT800, Jabra BT250 and the Motorola HS850 work with the BB7290. and 7520.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:13 PM   #28
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Well I got my scala 500 in the mail on wed charged it up put it into use today! So far I love this thing man. Works Flawless. Best part is it works with Nextel DC. Sound is the greatest very light weight, fits comfortably on my Fat head. Have worn on the job site all day and forgot its there. So far no issue for me at all was easy to pair up.
well you have sold me with the scala 500 (we have them in store). my question is does the beep from the DC go into the ear, or through the BB?

Thanks,

pink
Old 06-10-2005, 10:34 AM   #29
nextelmcgee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

I HAVE A 7520 AND I use a Plantronics M2500. It works great with diect connect. the only thing is there in no ptt button.

I also have an '06 infinity m45 and my handsfree works great!!!

Nextel BB7100i
Pin: 400EA210
DC# 154*82*791
Old 07-08-2005, 06:11 PM   #30
tdryanjr

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default 7250 and GN Netcom 6210

I bought the GN Netcom 6210 because it is based on the BT250 (GN Netcom is parent company of Jabra) and works with both an office phone and BT mobile at the same time. The headset sound is fine for both my office phone and BB7250. I get some pops and clicks but these are not loud, I really only notice them during silence.

The problem I have is that I can't answer or hang up calls on the BB. For incoming calls I have to press the multi-function button on the headset, wait for it to connect to the phone and then answer the call. At the end of the call, pressing the multi-function button only disconnects the phone from the 7250. I then have to hang up the 7250 from the escape button.

Related to this issue, the 7250 does not ring in the headset when I receive a call. I have only had the headset for a few days and can't find anyone else with experience with this combo yet so I am going to contact GN Netcom to see if they have anything on it.

I like the functionality of using the same headset in my office but I am not ready to recommend this combo yet.

I will repost as I find out more.

I talked with technical support and the reason the headset disconnects is because it is waiting for a signal from the landline connection base station. This makes sense now. I have also determined that you can answer the phone from the headset by holding the answer button longer. this will also hang up the phone call. My orignal problems were operator related. I did not see reference to this in the short instruction book.

Once I figured it out, this headset is pretty cool.

Last edited by tdryanjr; 08-03-2005 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 07-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #31
Leetneo

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Telus Mobility

I use a scala 500 on my Nextel 7520, works like a charm, sometimes its hard to keep in the ear but i mainly wear glasses and that attachment is off the chain when it comes to that kinda stuff, i would buy one again if i was to start all over, batt life is great too, only thing i don't like is there is no PTT, but that is gonna be impossible to do since the PTT button on the board of the BB is done by a switch, (unlike the I830 and I860 which is ribbon driven)
Have a good one
Leetneo
Old 07-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #32
HBradford

Model: 7250

I am using the Blackberry 7250 from Verizon, and had origianlly purchased the Black Motorola HS 850 and the sound quality was HORRIBLE. After some research I just got the Logitech Mobile Freedom as it came highly reccomended. After a few hours of use, I can report it working much better than any motorola I have tried. It is a bit uncomfortable, but willing to sacrifice comfort for improved sound quality.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:39 AM   #33
iamchrismullins
Thumbs Must Hurt

I do alot of conf calls in it/telecomm project mgmgnt, 3/4 daily,2-20 personnel per call, 5-90 mins per call and I found using the HS850 with my new BB, 7100g, it seems to have better snr, less white noise, road noise and both paired together provide awesome functionality at my fingertips.
Unfortunate for us... on those same calls we are constantly ipaging each other in the background to facilitate certain functions:

send message with needed server/storage info
requesting other people to join the call
exchanging contact info via ipager
conferencing in additional personnel to the call...
There are alot of opinions out there about what phone, works best with which headset, associated with opinions on the service providers.

The best advice to offer is find something that works for you and keep searching for a phone, pager, bk headset that gives you the functionality, features and solid service you need to do your job/communicate effectively..

Been there: PDA/Palm/Handspring/Treo, motorola, nokia, t-mobile, BB 970,975,7100, motorola BK devices
Old 07-19-2005, 12:43 AM   #34
iamchrismullins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBradford
I am using the Blackberry 7250 from Verizon, and had origianlly purchased the Black Motorola HS 850 and the sound quality was HORRIBLE. After some research I just got the Logitech Mobile Freedom as it came highly reccomended. After a few hours of use, I can report it working much better than any motorola I have tried. It is a bit uncomfortable, but willing to sacrifice comfort for improved sound quality.

I will try that logitech piece out if i get a chance.

Been there: PDA/Palm/Handspring/Treo, motorola, nokia, t-mobile, BB 970,975,7100, motorola BK devices
Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 AM   #35
gary599
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

I have a Nextel with the BB7520 and a BT250v.

I have expericenced the following.

Direct Connect receiving and talking work, but you must still push the button on the phone.

Phone calls, I can answer no problem, but if I try to answer a 2nd call while still on the first call, using the answer button on the BT250v I end up getting disconnected with the first caller and get connected with the second.

Other then that I'm very happy with this purchuse. Also it does ring and virbate in your ear, cool feature and it works.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #36
Kotpun

Model: 8900
Carrier: Airtel

All functions of Nokia Carkit CK-1W works fine with my 7100g
Old 08-08-2005, 10:25 AM   #37
biellos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

I can't find any reviews of the Motorola HF800 on this site, anyone use one? I know there have been newer models that replaced the HF800, but I bought a used one on eBay for $30 bucks (haven't recieved it yet) and figured for that price, why not, but I dont know any positives or negatives from users.

For what its worth, I will be pairing it to my 7100T, running 4.0.2.32.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:18 PM   #38
biellos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

anyone? please... I'll ask nice.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:28 PM   #39
ekummel
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Nextel
Default IOGear

I would like to report that the IOGear BT Headset works perfectly with my BlackBerry 7520.
My only complaint is that if I angle the microphone forward, my cheek covers the mic opening and no one can hear me. And while the blackberry notoriosly does't have a decent battery live, the bluetooth connection doesn't help matters...but I guess that's with ANY bluetooth device...
The IOGear has quite a few features that honestly, I can't remember how to access since they all use the same single button. Oh, and the manual....unless you're a philatelist, you will not enjoy this manual at all. I found this postage stamp sized manual to be the most frustrating part of this whole bt headset.
What I do like though is it's size. At about half an ounce, it can be carried anywhere and not get in the way. And at over 100 hours of standby, it lasts days longer than my Blackberry on a single charge. I do finnd that the blue light is extremly bright at night, so I do turn it off when I'm trying to get some sleep.
Oh, and the best feature? At $29 at Buy.com (qualifies for free shipping) this was a no-brainer!
I highly recommend this device.
Ed
web/gadget guru
Old 08-26-2005, 10:26 PM   #40
BigJay.Inc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

I just recently got my black Scala 500....works very nice...its pretty clear, loud enough...it doesnt really bother me on my ear though i thought it would before i got it....its actually very nice..

with technology i usually wait until there are great improvements before jumpin on the bandwagon, im glad i waited this long to get my first bluetooth headset and im very happy with the choice i made.....thanks to those reviews from real people here and not those generic reviews from the manufacturer themselves....
Closed Thread