BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
sac17

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default how to move sms messages & contacts from e51 to Blackberry curve 8520 ?

Please Login to Remove!

I was using a Nokia e51 and I have some important SMS messages that I'd like to transfer to my new Blackberry Curve 8520, I'm new to this so please help me out.

Spent a few hours online searching, downloaded all the ABC Amber Blackberry converter, text converter, vcard converter, nokia converter and could not get any help from any of them. Contacts is not such a problem, but i managed to export nokia messages from Nokia PC Suite to .csv file but I'm unable to import/merge into Blackberry Desktop Manager

I found this on the Blackberry site:
To import contacts from an CSV file to the BlackBerry device, complete the following steps:
1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Intellisync.
3. In the Intellisync® window, click Configure PIM.
4. Select the Address Book check box, and then click Choose.
5. Select ASCII Import/Export and click Export.
6. Click Browse and type BlackBerry.csv for the file name. This will create the file BlackBerry.csv.
7. Click Open. When prompted with the message This File does not exist, click Yes.
8. In the Choose Application section, click OK, and then click OK on Configuration.
9. Click Synchronize Now. This will create the CSV file with the field mapping required to add
contacts.
10. Add the contact to the CSV file, and then repeat step 4.
11. Select ASCII Import/Export and click Import.
12. Click Synchronize Now. This imports the contact from the CSV file to the BlackBerry device.

but the new version of BLackberry Desktop Manager does not have "Intellisync" and if you go to Synchronize & configure; there is no option there for messages.

As for the contacts I have Nokia PC suite export to .csv and .vcf; now the next question is to import these into the bLackberry 8520.

Somebody please please please help...any solution, i'm sure there are lots of people looking, nobody likes to move without their data on their old fones.

Thank You
Old 05-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Blackberry Desktop Manager, runs on Intellisync. All versions do.
When it says Intellisync, read: Syncronisation

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 05-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
sac17

Model: 8900
Carrier: Vodafone

i'm on the exact same problem...googling solutions for contacts & sms messages for the past 4 hours...no great luck as yet..Found teh same solution from Blackberry site but there's no Intellisync window on the application?
Old 05-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

If you can sync your old device with Outlook for contacts and calendar or to Google contacts and calendar then you can easily sync to the using Desktop Manager and Outlook or Google Sync for the Google apps.

I know of no way to transfer text messages other than to resend them. I seem to recall an app but can't remember the name. Try a search on syncing text messages and see if it turns up anything.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread