BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: what applcation by DynoPlex you use most often?
eSpell 4 25.00%
eCell 3 18.75%
eWord 6 37.50%
ViewAll for xls and docs 6 37.50%
View All for PDF and images 5 31.25%
View All for fax and print 2 12.50%
viewing and editing attachments 2 12.50%
eFile Remote Desktop Access 2 12.50%
eFile Google Spreadheets 1 6.25%
eWorks 1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:18 PM   #41
Elliot Lonsdale
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: CellularOne

Please Login to Remove!

I have noticed that after starting eOffice, I have a few entries in my application list (when you hit alt-esc) such as 'dynoplex_startup' and 'dynoplex_eworks_desktop'. I can't switch to them, but they don't freeze the menu or anything.

Is this intentional, or just a small bug? I'm kind of OCD and like my list clean (e.g. installing BeamBerry added the entry to my application switcher, which I did not like). I must say, activation was pretty easy, and I like the online control panel. I'd like to see a service in the future to mount your eFile space as a Windows share, or another alternative easy way to just drag and drop my files to upload to the storage space.

When I delve in more deeply, I will post more of my experiences.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #42
Tools

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon
Default Answered my own question...

Hi - I also want to thank you much for the new eOffice key. Have question on trouble with current eOffice opening attachments. I receive the following response:
"The original message was received at Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:28:48 -0400 (EDT) from IDENT:U2FsdGVkX19MN077+Obu+M67EIPff2BQOQ4QFjPEIFo@ wise.veltech.com [xxx..xxx.zz.zz]

----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors ----- <dynorobot@mail.veltech.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
mail: Cannot append to /var/mail/dynorobot
451 <dynorobot@mail.veltech.com>... I/O error
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours Will keep trying until message is 5 days old".

I am running OS version 4.2.2.66 on a bb8830 and wonder if I have SiBorg's problem. Should I try a different OS? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiBorg View Post
Answered my own question...

Installed the new 4.2.1.93 OS from O2 UK and everything works very well.

Haven't tried Faxing or Emailing files yet... Have the network problems with those been fixed yet, Dan?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:37 PM   #43
SiBorg

Model: 8310
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Hi - I also want to thank you much for the new eOffice key. Have question on trouble with current eOffice opening attachments. I receive the following response:
"The original message was received at Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:28:48 -0400 (EDT) from IDENT:U2FsdGVkX19MN077+Obu+M67EIPff2BQOQ4QFjPEIFo@ wise.veltech.com [xxx..xxx.zz.zz]

----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors ----- <dynorobot@mail.veltech.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
mail: Cannot append to /var/mail/dynorobot
451 <dynorobot@mail.veltech.com>... I/O error
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours Will keep trying until message is 5 days old".

I am running OS version 4.2.2.66 on a bb8830 and wonder if I have SiBorg's problem. Should I try a different OS? Thanks
Hi Tools

I've had exactly the same problem... I haven't been able to view, edit or download any attachments since last weekend. Also, I have never been able to actually send an email - and that is since version 4.0.0.36 in April.

I have had varying levels of success with Attachment Editing functionality. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it works only for certain file types and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

DynoPlex Support have referred the issue to their Senior Developer to try and find a fix. They think it may be down to settings on my account, but I think it is server related.

Is anyone else having problems with this feature?

By the way, I don't think it is OS related, as I have had the same problem with BlackBerry Pearl OS versions 4.2.0.64, 4.2.0.73, 4.2.1.93 and I am now running 4.2.1.101

Last edited by SiBorg; 07-28-2007 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: Extra information
Old 07-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #44
Tools

10-4 SiBorg. No attachments open and no email is going out lately. 10 days or so ago I could open attachments, but no faxes went out. Tech support said they were working server issues but not sure how long it would take to fix.

Quote:
Hi Tools

I've had exactly the same problem... I haven't been able to view, edit or download any attachments since last weekend. Also, I have never been able to actually send an email - and that is since version 4.0.0.36 in April.

I have had varying levels of success with Attachment Editing functionality. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it works only for certain file types and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

DynoPlex Support have referred the issue to their Senior Developer to try and find a fix. They think it may be down to settings on my account, but I think it is server related.

Is anyone else having problems with this feature?

By the way, I don't think it is OS related, as I have had the same problem with BlackBerry Pearl OS versions 4.2.0.64, 4.2.0.73, 4.2.1.93 and I am now running 4.2.1.101
Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #45
SiBorg

DynoPlex Support have been working on this for the past few days.

I'm not sure if it was to my account settings or the actual server, but they made some changes and I did actually get to send a couple of files as attachments and open a couple of received attachments earlier today...

However, it stopped working quite abruptly - sending us back to square one!

Anyone else having any luck???

Dan? What is going on with the server?!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #46
SiBorg

Quote:
DynoPlex Support have been working on this for the past few days.

I'm not sure if it was to my account settings or the actual server, but they made some changes and I did actually get to send a couple of files as attachments and open a couple of received attachments earlier today...

However, it stopped working quite abruptly - sending us back to square one!

Anyone else having any luck???

Dan? What is going on with the server?!
HELLLOOOO!!!

Anyone there?

Was it something I said??

I still can't send or receive e-mail attachments... Can anyone else try, please?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #47
Swede
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Carry your laptop cause you need Excel
Carry your BB and have it
Carry your laptop cause you need Word
Carry your laptop cause you need e-mail

You gettin' this yet!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:07 AM   #48
Tools

Opened a few attachments late this afternoon, except for PDF's that only partially open. Fax stopped working. Am checking with tech support in a.m.

Quote:
HELLLOOOO!!!

Anyone there?

Was it something I said??

I still can't send or receive e-mail attachments... Can anyone else try, please?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #49
SiBorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Opened a few attachments late this afternoon, except for PDF's that only partially open. Fax stopped working. Am checking with tech support in a.m.
Everything seems to be working again this morning!

I'm guessing that yesterday they fixed whatever server problems they were having.

I'm just checking send and receive functionality of various file types now...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:25 AM   #50
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Everything seems to be working again this morning!

I'm guessing that yesterday they fixed whatever server problems they were having.

I'm just checking send and receive functionality of various file types now...
Yes, I noticed late last night the attachment functionality seemed to be back online. This is an awesome suite.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 AM   #51
SiBorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by donc36 View Post
Yes, I noticed late last night the attachment functionality seemed to be back online. This is an awesome suite.
When it works... It's incredible.

When it doesn't... It's infuriating!

I've now tried emailing every type of document and image file that I could think of from my BlackBerry... Everything works, EXCEPT PPS files.

Just doing the same for receiving attachments now...
Old 08-01-2007, 08:47 AM   #52
SiBorg

Quote:

I've now tried emailing every type of document and image file that I could think of from my BlackBerry... Everything works, EXCEPT PPS files.

Just doing the same for receiving attachments now...
All file types successfully received, EXCEPT TIF.

I have already made DynoPlex Support aware of this issue.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #53
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: do not use

Quote:
All file types successfully received, EXCEPT TIF.

I have already made DynoPlex Support aware of this issue.
Hi Guys,

Sorry for being absent for several days. We had temporal problems with our server due which resulted in short outages of attachment service.
As for TIF, I think this could be due to their size.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #54
SiBorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbra View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry for being absent for several days. We had temporal problems with our server due which resulted in short outages of attachment service.
As for TIF, I think this could be due to their size.
Nice to have you back, Dan.

Is the server completely fixed now?

As to the TIF file, how small does it need to be? The one I am having problems with is only 174KB. Perhaps you could send me a TIF file that should work...

Cheers.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #55
SiBorg

Quote:

Also... Can you look into why PPS files don't stay attached to emails sent FROM the device, please?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:28 AM   #56
redtarga

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Since I travel quite a lot, often without possibiity for PC connection thru Wifi or Lan, so I rely on BB to receive attachments. What I need is a software that can transfer the attachments of the BB emails to my PC, view and edit then transfer back to my BB for reply.

What's the most suitable and economical software for this purpose?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:27 AM   #57
SiBorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtarga View Post
Since I travel quite a lot, often without possibiity for PC connection thru Wifi or Lan, so I rely on BB to receive attachments. What I need is a software that can transfer the attachments of the BB emails to my PC, view and edit then transfer back to my BB for reply.

All you NEED is the Attachment Editing module of eOffice... Attachment Editing software application is a unified communication solution for RIM BlackBerry, DynoPlex Inc.

It costs $29.95 and will allow you to save file attachments sent to you in "Native" format, so that you can view and edit them on your PC.

The way I do it is to save the file attachment to the SD Card, so that I can view it as a drive on my PC when I connect my BB. That way, I can view, edit and save the attachments without taking them off the BB.

Attachment Editing will also allow you to send a file attachment to one or more email recipients. Although, currently you have to send the file as a completely separate email and there is no option to add any sort of message text.

I would also highly recommend Hi-Fi Attachment Viewing (or ViewAll to its friends) High Fidelity Attachment Viewing software application is a unified communication solution for RIM BlackBerry, DynoPlex Inc. as this will enable you to see attached files in their original format. It only costs $14.95 and is well worth it.

I actually own a full copy of eOffice Professional, but these are actually the features I use it for all of the time.

I'm also thinking about getting the Faxing module Faxing software application is a unified communication solution for RIM BlackBerry, DynoPlex Inc. but I haven't managed to get it to work yet!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #58
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Lonsdale View Post
I have noticed that after starting eOffice, I have a few entries in my application list (when you hit alt-esc) such as 'dynoplex_startup' and 'dynoplex_eworks_desktop'. I can't switch to them, but they don't freeze the menu or anything.

Is this intentional, or just a small bug? I'm kind of OCD and like my list clean (e.g. installing BeamBerry added the entry to my application switcher, which I did not like). .
Elliot,

Starting eOffice indeed adds such entries - core DynoPlex modules -into the applications list. They cannot be removed.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #59
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtarga View Post

Hi and thanks for yuor interest.
Siborg has provided an exhaustive answer I only can add that attachment service also requires Online file storage. http://dynoplex.com/blackberry/softw...e_storage.html

You may also interested in MasterDoc which includes either Attachment editing or OFS or HI FI attachment viewer. It also has Print and Fax options available for the docs you store on your BB and Remote Desktop Access to work with files on your PC remotely. http://dynoplex.com/blackberry/software/masterdoc.html
My advice would be to download a trial of MasterDoc, evaluate it and then decide whether you like the whole package or just some specific features.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #60
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Also... Can you look into why PPS files don't stay attached to emails sent FROM the device, please?
Can you send me a couple of those by email?
Closed Thread