Old 09-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
MM57677
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Question missing MP3 files

Please Login to Remove!

I have several MP3 files for songs with the same title but by different artists (different file names also). The files show up in the "explore" option but only one of the same title will show up in the music section of my media player. Any ideas?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

First, have you looked at the metadata stuff and made sure there's no confusion there? Different artist, different album ...

If all is good with the files, try a hard reset. With the power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds. Then check again.

If you still have a problem try deleting ALL .dat files on the media card in the music folders. If you have encryption enabled you may also have .dat.rem -- delete those too.

If you have the podcast app you will have some .dat (and maybe .dat.rem) files in the podcasts folder. I don't know what problems with the podcast app if those are deleted, so maybe hold off on deleting those if you don't have too.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
MM57677
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

The songs are covers of each other so the artist and album are different. I have multiple versions of other songs (studio and live version) with the same artist and they both show up. I wonder if it would be worth changing the tag on the MP3 file so the title is slightly different.

I have done a battery pull but I'll give it a shot again. Maybe I didn't leave it out long enough. I'll also check the card for .dat files.

Thanks for the help!