BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:12 PM   #361
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, Pedal Power, I added 2 snippet's from that Bichcle Race" on my website. If you have a BB that supports MP3, you can download them both.

http://mp3.taftandnancy.com

Let me know anyone needs anything else.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:01 PM   #362
PaCharger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T Cingular
Default ho hummmm

I have literally wasted most of the day trying to get an mp3 ringtone onto my 8700c Blackberry. I've posted, read, posted....and am back again after COUNTLESS FUTILE attempts.

Can anyone help a poor dumb shmo....

BTW, got the weather utility on here...had already been using the Google MAPS, not sure Slideviewer will get much use, but played with that too.

The RSS feature tied to some Baltimore Traffic reports is my next to conquer...maybe during the BBall game tonight. In the meantime...if you can help me get a freaking ringtone on this thing...I'd REALLY appreciate it.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:30 PM   #363
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

To get ringer tones on your 8700, you have to take them from a website. You won't be able to move them via usb. You should put your mp3's on a website, then go to the website with your bb.
I have a lot of ringertones on my website. Take a look at it. Here are the instructions how to do it.
1. click on one of the songs
2. let the song play
3. click on the trackwheel
4. select save
5. save the file.
Now
Go to Profile
select the profile you want and edit
select phone/click trackwheel/select edit
Go to Tune and select the tone you just downloaded. Make sure you change the tune for "Out of Holster" and "In Holster".
save it by clicking on the trackwheel and selecting save.

Good Luck

Old 06-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #364
Pedal Power

Model: 7130e
Default Thank you Taft!!!

Taft -Thank you very much - works perfectly. I have a 7130e and can play only MP3s. It seems like there are a bunch of sites that have ADP tones, but I can't get them to work - perhaps it's just my phone...

My challenge now is to come up with a new ring for the wife - anyone have any ideas ?
Old 06-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #365
PaCharger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by taftwatson
To get ringer tones on your 8700, you have to take them from a website. You won't be able to move them via usb. You should put your mp3's on a website, then go to the website with your bb.
I have a lot of ringertones on my website. Take a look at it. Here are the instructions how to do it.
1. click on one of the songs
2. let the song play
3. click on the trackwheel
4. select save
5. save the file.
Now
Go to Profile
select the profile you want and edit
select phone/click trackwheel/select edit
Go to Tune and select the tone you just downloaded. Make sure you change the tune for "Out of Holster" and "In Holster".
save it by clicking on the trackwheel and selecting save.

Good Luck

thanks Taft, I will try it again. I've been to your site, but for some reason after it's done playing I'm not able to get the trackwheel to give me a menu again. I'll try it now.

Thanks though!!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #366
PaCharger
Thumbs Must Hurt

success at last, thanks Taft....I wasnt leaving the play button...as soon as i got over the pause it gave me the SAVE option.

Excellent, now out to find some other tones...like the charger Unleasehed commercial
Old 06-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #367
jgunvalsen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

orgullodemexico

what is the address for your site? I would love a couple of your tones.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #368
uhavecootiez

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Im sorry for the dumb question. I tried the search function but no help. When I try to download the ringtone from a website it gives me a http error 406: not acceptable. It says the page you are loading is not supported by the browser. Am i missing something here? Do I have to dl something? Any input would be great. Im using a blackberry 8700G.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by uhavecootiez; 06-22-2006 at 12:44 PM..
Old 06-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #369
jcstud5297

Default 7130e Ringtones

Just got my BlackBerry 7130e and I am try to put some ringtones on it. I tried savings some ringtones and uploading them threw the BB desktop manager. I guess that it has to be a certain file type, or maybe i'm just doing it wrong. If somebody could help me with putting them on my 7130e that would be great!
Old 06-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #370
orgullodemexico
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstud5297
Just got my BlackBerry 7130e and I am try to put some ringtones on it. I tried savings some ringtones and uploading them threw the BB desktop manager. I guess that it has to be a certain file type, or maybe i'm just doing it wrong. If somebody could help me with putting them on my 7130e that would be great!
You cannot upload them in that manner.

You must use your BB browser and download them directly.

THOROUGHLY read the very first post on page 1 of this thread.

My signature has a link for a few MP3 tones that will work on 7100 and 8700 series.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #371
Chubby2way

Model: 8700

Polyphonic and Midi are baiscly the same crap! I'm having a hard time installing midi files into my blackberry as ringtones... I have found a few on vgmusic.com wich is a great site for videogame music. But I dont know how to put the midi files into the phone and use them as ringing tones and I have no clue what to do with the mp3s.

I own the vodafone 8700v modell and its not playing mp3s on browsers etc that where shown on a few topics here and there on this site.

So anyone please help me out how do I put in the ringtones I want on this damn machine?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #372
Chubby2way

Note that I can never get the save file I only get save page and I find that really odd when I'm in a page with a midi file and I hear it playing in the background and everything but I can never save a file or anything I just keep getting the damn annoying save page crap and no progress... And its a polyphonic ringtone what am I doing wrong?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:58 AM   #373
orgullodemexico
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby2way
Note that I can never get the save file I only get save page and I find that really odd when I'm in a page with a midi file and I hear it playing in the background and everything but I can never save a file or anything I just keep getting the damn annoying save page crap and no progress... And its a polyphonic ringtone what am I doing wrong?
Read my post from yesterday. It plainly states how to install the ringtones. You must load them directly using your BB browser.

So find the URL of a ringtone you want, email the URL to your BB and then it will install.

Not all MP3's will work on BB's - the link on my signature has some sports MP3's designed for a Verizon VX8100 phone but they did work on my BB 8700.

If you want MIDI tones try this site:

http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/midi/

Again, if there is a tone you like, get the specific URL for that tone and email it to your BB.

It's not that hard, but you do have to follow the instructions presented in this forum.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #374
DJ holla.com

Model: 7105t
Talking what it dew?

What's up guys just stopping by to say what's up. I found this site threw a good friend. Well peace and bless
Old 06-23-2006, 04:29 PM   #375
corey

Model: pearl
Carrier: cingular

hey guys i just bought a 7100i and i am finding it hard to get ringtones i get a error code 406 all the time
Old 06-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #376
emporer_troy

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

My problem is not finding the ring tones, or visiting the sites on my blackberry 8700c, its that when im at a site, say http://mp3.taftandnancy.com and click on the link to listen and save the mp3, I get an error:

Http Error 413: Request Enitity Too Large.

The page you requested could not be loaded. Please try loading a different page.

What's the problem here? How come I can't get the link to the mp3 to listen and save?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #377
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've tested this several times and I'm not getting the error. Tell me EXACTLY what file your clicking on when you get the error.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #378
Chubby2way

Default damn it!

I'm still in the same troublesome situation! This time I got the webbrowser to play mp3s and Midi files but I still can't save them!

I can only save page and not save the original file! Why am I cursed? What am I doing wrong? I'm sending the direct link to the midi file as mail to myself and then getting the link from the bb browser it only playes the files and never allows me to save them what is wrong?
I only get the save page option not save file! I tried reloading/refreshing the browser the files replays but thats it no progress!
Old 06-24-2006, 11:49 AM   #379
mdwatts

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

im still kinda new to the 7100i and i have d/l some ringtones for my phone in .midi format. in the help section of the phone, it says it can support .wav and .midi files. can someone clear this up, i tried the .wav and it didnt work.... im also guessing that .adp, .php, .wap, mp3 or any others wont work on the 7100i.......thanks

Last edited by mdwatts; 06-25-2006 at 01:29 PM..
Old 06-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #380
Tinbird

Model: 7100V
Default New ringtones

Hello all. My first post here. Got a 7100v (my first) from ebay last week and have being reading this forum for the last couple of days. Have learned a lot.

Already have made a few ringtones that i want to share with you. You can find them in huenik.com/blackberry/

Satisfaction.adp from Devo
attention.adp from a mp3 i downloaded (says "attention your phone is ringing")
sw_1.adp from star wars
Bugs.adp is buggs bunny having a laugh
march_1.adp and march_2.adp from star wars

They all work on my 7100v.

Hope you like it
Closed Thread