Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Talking Link2Exchange BES + Apple Mail Setup Instructions

Please Login to Remove!

I have gotten my Link2Exchange (L2E) hosted BES account to sync with Apple Mail! I hate - really hate - Entourage, so I searched high and low for a solution to use Apple Mail instead. Finally I got it working right. Link2Exchange does not officially support this method, but they did give me the info I needed to set it up, and it works flawlessly. So, for those of you interested in using Mail in place of Entourage for your mail client to sync with your BES, get Link2Exchange and follow these instructions.

1. Follow this link to download and install the VPN Client needed to access the L2E BES server.

2. Use the settings displayed in these screenshots for your VPN settings. When it asks for your username, use your L2E account email address with @exmx.net on the end of it. For example: myname@mydomain.com@exmx.net, then use your normal L2E password.

3. Use these settings for your Mail settings, making the obvious changes with your personal informatio of course:

4. Place the VPN program from your Aplications folder in your dock, then click it to open the VPN connection, enter your password, then it will minimize itself. Then open Mail and check it - that's it. You should now be able to sync Mail with your L2E BES account. If you have any problems, let me know and I can walk you through it.

5. Enjoy Apple software over Micro$oft software...priceless.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to
Carrier: AT&T

Once you get this service up and running and your BB is synced to L2E server, can you sync back to the Mac using iCal and address book?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFLDEng611
Once you get this service up and running and your BB is synced to L2E server, can you sync back to the Mac using iCal and address book?
Not with this setup alone. You need two other products - AddressX and GroupCal from SnerdWare. I use them both, and they sync Address Book and iCal, and then the L2E setup above gives me full Exchange sync between my Mac and BlackBerry - finally...