BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
chazm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t mobile
Default Stay Away from Platinum Wireless!!

Please Login to Remove!

Just in case someone was thinking about buying from Platinum Wireless in Orlando, fl. Beware, the regional manager Saman Sarraf is a crook!

Story:
On october 31,2006 I was looking at phones in the west oaks mall, saman told me that if I switched to t mobile he could get me out of my Sprint contract and pay my cancellation fee. Luckily, I got it in writing. First, he didn't want to put it in writing and I told him I will not sign unless he signs. So, he wrote an agreement to pay my fee.

Well after about 15 trips to the mall, 20 or so calls and 3 months later, my fee was still not paid! He wouldn't answer his phone, employees were clueless on how to find him and Tmobile customer service were a BIG no help.

Finally in the beginning of Feb. I got ahold of the owner, he assured me that Saman would pay the fee, explaining "Saman has been busy these last few months"...ppfffttt! One month later, still no money, no calls.

Just yesterday, after calling saman and the owner multiple times over the weekend, Saman text messages me saying that he will call me soon. Finally that night he paypals me $100 and said he will send the rest ($115) Tomorrow. Well so far so good, but the money was send "pending e-check". I have a feeling it will take another 2 months to receive the rest of the money.

Also, Sprint calls me about every 2 days. There are really persistant now, wanting their money....i don't blame them. Funny thing is I don't think Saman had any intention of giving me the money, he was just banking on me not pursuing it..

He can go to hell and die.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #2
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Great thinking and very smart to get it in writing!!! worst case scenario you end up in small claims court! I wold go ahaead and pay sprint just to get them off your back. May wanna contact an attorney as well. as long as you have it in writing with his signature, surprised owner of company hasn't stepped up! you have it in writing and it could show badly on him and his company and cost him far more than the 200 ETF!! GOOD LUCK

Contact your local BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU as well

Let us know how it goes