Old 04-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
ChrisF79
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Getting exchange email to work

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings,

I just took a job at a realty that has given me a Microsoft Exchange email address. However, it is actually on usa.net hosted network. I can check it through the web, or I can set up outlook to check it for me at my desk. How do I get the blackberry to receive those emails though? I have an 8700c on Cingular. I know that our company does not have their own blackberry server software installed. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 04-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Set up a forwarding rule from within outlook to forward the emails to your blackberry address or to gmail and then forward them from gmail to your blackberry address.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 04-19-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF79
Greetings,

I just took a job at a realty that has given me a Microsoft Exchange email address. However, it is actually on usa.net hosted network. I can check it through the web, or I can set up outlook to check it for me at my desk. How do I get the blackberry to receive those emails though? I have an 8700c on Cingular. I know that our company does not have their own blackberry server software installed. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,
Chris
No you can use the BIS to set up and get email from your work account. Are you familer with BIS?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF79
Microsoft Exchange email address. However, it is actually on usa.net hosted network. I can check it through the web, or I can set up outlook to check it for me at my desk.
If POP or IMAP access exists you can use BIS.
If there's an Outlook Web Access account you can use BIS.
If you're actually using a MAPI connection to the Exchange server you can run Mail Connector through BIS. <- This is the least recommended.

You can check to see if you're using POP/IMAP or MAPI by going to the following in your Outlook. This is assuming Outlook 2003.

Toos -> Email Accounts -> View or Change Existing Email Accounts

This will list any accounts you have set up. It will say either POP, IMAP, or Microsoft Exchange. A POP or IMAP account should set up relatively easy. If it say Microsoft Exchange inquire about POP settings or try setting up through BIS using Outlook Web Access.

If all else fails BIS will ask you to use Mail Connector. This isn't the best method as it uses a MAPI profile to connect back to the Exchange Server and then forwards the info to BIS. This means your corporate network and mail server MUST always be available, your computer MUST always be on, Mail Connector MUST always be running, and you MUST have a persistent connection to the Internet to connect with BIS.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:14 PM   #5
02fz1

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

USA.NET has a BB server(s) that you can get configured on. There is a fee though.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

as an FYI i wouldn't set up the forwarding rule via your Outlook...if you do this all your messages will arrive on your handheld as if sent by you...w/ FW: in th subject

If you are going to set up a forwarding rulel - have your IT set it up on the Exchange server itself
Old 05-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
kawonuga

Model: 8800c
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetish phil
If POP or IMAP access exists you can use BIS.
If there's an Outlook Web Access account you can use BIS.
If you're actually using a MAPI connection to the Exchange server you can run Mail Connector through BIS. <- This is the least recommended.

You can check to see if you're using POP/IMAP or MAPI by going to the following in your Outlook. This is assuming Outlook 2003.

Toos -> Email Accounts -> View or Change Existing Email Accounts

This will list any accounts you have set up. It will say either POP, IMAP, or Microsoft Exchange. A POP or IMAP account should set up relatively easy. If it say Microsoft Exchange inquire about POP settings or try setting up through BIS using Outlook Web Access.

If all else fails BIS will ask you to use Mail Connector. This isn't the best method as it uses a MAPI profile to connect back to the Exchange Server and then forwards the info to BIS. This means your corporate network and mail server MUST always be available, your computer MUST always be on, Mail Connector MUST always be running, and you MUST have a persistent connection to the Internet to connect with BIS.
I just downloaded Mail Connector and installed it but I dont know the next steps to configure it with my ms outlook 2003 any info?
Closed Thread