Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
stevenriz

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default BES Problem; "Couldn't Retrieve More" Trying to View Attachments

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone. We have a BES problem where any "new" users we create on the 3.6 BES are unable to view attachments. All existing users previously added are still working just fine. The server and Exchange server have been static for well over a year so I don't know what is going on. Nor does BB Support know what's going on either. I know the typical reason this message is returned is if you move that message out of your inbox, therefore the device cannot find it any longer. In our case the messages are right there, unmoved, in the inbox. There is definitely a problem somewhere. We are unable to find it.

BES Support is asking me to recreate the MAPI profile. As easy as this sounds, I don't want to make matters worse for the users. Has anyone done this or know what else we can check to fix this issue? If recreating the MAPI profile is seamless and easy, I will attempt it.

My other thought is to install a new 4.1 server but I have never done this before. Before our maintenance expired, we downloaded 4.1 with filename besx_4.1.6.exe. What I'd like to do is install a completely new and different BES along with the 3.6 and migrate users as time permits. Has anyone done this before? Am I being a baby because this is so easy?

Any thoughts or hints on how you might suggest I proceed would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Steve
Closed Thread