Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 02:24 AM   #1
jaysen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Default Setting up email and forwarding on new 7100

Please Login to Remove!

Ok. I just received my 7100 today. I have registered my username with tmo and have my very own [email address] . I have Properly setup my GMAIL account to forward to my blackberry. But I am having difficulty setting up my @sbcglobal.net account...

Here is my request/concern.

I have my primary email [email address] I want this to be forwarded to my blackberry.net address in real time, therefore bypassing The software (and the 15 minute delay). But the problem comes in that I am able to receive the @sbcglobal.net email on the blackberry but when I open outlook i wont download. I have checked off leave copy of message on server in outlook... but i still cannot receive.

Anyone have their @sbcglobal account forwarded to their blackberry while still being able to go home and open up outlook and retrieve any emails sent while on the go... ?

So far i love this little thing ! and really quick off topic I am able to browse wap sites... what was the issue ?
Old 10-15-2004, 01:49 PM   #2
jeffmcclan
Thumbs Must Hurt

You can see Blackberry sent messages on the web by logging into your BWC account (same URL as registering BB email address). You will not be able to see BB sent messages in Outlook unless your company purchases and runs BES (approx $200/user) or uses a hosted BES provider.

If you're having difficulties checking your SBC pop account in Outlook, check your settings. You might be using a different username and password to retrieve the Gmail messages. If so, you will need to enter a separate username and password for checking mail and enable authentication (advanced settings).
Old 10-15-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
Hayswj
Thumbs Must Hurt

You can only forward or POP3 your messages from a yahoo sbc account. It is not possible to do both (or at least I haven't found out how). Because it gives you the two choices on the option screen and you have to select one or the other. I say you might want to try leaving the pop3 and then have the redirector on your desktop with outlook open then it just downloads your messages all the time and redirects them to your blackberry account. Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
jaysen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

hayswj-

Thanks your answer really clarified everything. Where can one obtain the redirector software. I will do a search but just in case someone want to hand feed me
Old 10-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #5
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

redirectoir is on the CD that came with your BBerry - Do an update install of DesktopManager.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Closed Thread