BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
jhewes

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Anyone bought Blackberry and Verizon plan through Amazon?

Please Login to Remove!

You can get a Blackberry Tour for $99, along with a Verizon plan of your choice, and a large selection of phones (for 1 cent), through Amazon. Free two-day shipping. This means I can order up phones and a Tour and have them all waiting for us when we return from our tour abroad.

Has anyone done this? Any reason not to?

If you have done this, do you have to do anything else to have the phones working, or do you have service out of the box?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 08-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Make sure if you jump, that you read the fine print in the contract. I assume they haven't changed anything, if you make any changes to your account in the first 6 months, like dropping data, etc., then you will be charged full retail for the device.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
jhewes

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

So far the experience has been positive. I ordered a Tour for $99, Family plan, and phones for wife and child, both for 1 cent. They had a sale this past weekend - free activation so I saved $35 per phone. Amazon gave me free two-day shipping. I got an email yesterday saying Verizon had activated the phones and they gave me the phone numbers (although I don't know which number belongs to which phone but they are sequential). So far so good. This means that when we arrive home on Saturday we will have phones ready and waiting, saving a trip to the Verizon store.
Closed Thread