shrienki
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongee View Post
Hi rbillings,

Thanks for answering my query - that issue was a deal breaker for me with the last release. Relieved to know I can proceed on this one

Cheers,

P.
I was able to deal with that... but the ringtone issues definitely made me downgrade. :(
I hope a more solid version comes out soon.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #62
espresso
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalate

This was 1st first upgrade from 4.6 to 5.0.
The upgrade didn't go went and it crashed during the middle. I was using my desktop manager. Have to use the loader.exe and I had to restore everything after it finished.
Lost my application so re-installed those.
So far so good with him firmware, though I have to say it seems a bit heavy on the battery. It's sucking the life out of it.

I feel it's also heavy the processing as well, i dont the get the hour glass far more than on the 4.6.

I hate that if I press the A or * it doesn't lock but rather only locks the keyboard.
Also the mute used to put the phone into standby and not only locking the keyboard.

I think I will upgrade to the next stable firmware once it's released. I will live with this for now.

Cheers,
Espresso
Old 03-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #63
al7arbi

Carrier: mopily saudia

thanks alooot
Old 03-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #64
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkamikaze View Post
Loving this update. I like how if I hold the mute key and it goes to standby it just automatically dims the phone instead of having to say it's in standby

Although I do still miss the 'k' lock
What happened to the "k" lock????

Also, can someone comment on whether I am better off sticking with the "official" release of v5 or the beta?

I have not updated my Bold in the past year or so.

Thanks!
R
Old 03-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #65
ang_pilosopo

Model: 9700
Carrier: Globe Telecom

How can I run the OS to my BB using Mac? Hope you can help me out thanks.

8900 and 9700
www.twitter.com/rvmitra
Old 03-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #66
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang_pilosopo View Post
How can I run the OS to my BB using Mac? Hope you can help me out thanks.
You can't update your os on a mac unless you are dual booting windows.
Um... no.
I didn't think so.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #67
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor464 View Post
BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.860 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.860
Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.509
* Software Platform: 5.2.0.50
* File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel860_PL5.2.0.50_A5.0.0.509_Wind_H ellas.exe
* File size: 121.51MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2B6049B8D9A202

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the AppLoader says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

Previous OS version: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html
Hi, I replaced my bold because it didnt work right. I installed 5.0.0.509 and it worked after I deleted vendor.xml on my first bold one. Now I tried to install it on my second Bold and it didnt work. I am puzzled. I deleted application and downloaded all over again and installed. But, it still didnt work. I am wondering what happens now? I did it with first BOLD and worked. Awwww.. Boooo! Help me pls!
Old 03-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #68
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT & T

Hey never mind what I said above. I succeeded to install 5.0.0.509 on my BOLD. Horray! I forget to open the desktop manager while installing. That is it. Have a wonderful day. I hope I will like it so far!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #69
dimsum

Carrier: Bell

for those of you having problems, here is what i did ..

i simply downloaded the firmware from the mediafire link posted above. I made sure i had made a backup of my all my files before deleting desktop manager off my pc. I installed the firmeware, deleted the vendor file then added it to my phone.

VIOLA, it worked like a charm.. I tried using dm to do the install with no luck whatsoever.. i think tried to do it the same way I just explained, but for some reason it wouldnt let me do it with dm install on my computer, so i simply deleted it and retried and it worked perfect

btw, for the release.. amazing.. memory and battery are better, LOVE the threaded sms.. some other cool features and looks for the phone

amazing upgrade from 4.6
Old 03-15-2010, 02:51 AM   #70
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

So far this looks like a pretty solid release... I'm very happy with the results vs. the last unofficial releases... about time something solid comes out!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #71
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: 3 Italy

Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl)

On download now.

I will upgrade from 4.6.
Can please someone list the new feature that I should find in this 5.0 release coming from the 4.6?

So that I could check if everythig is working good!

Ps:should I configure some new stuff after this upgrare?

Thank you!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #72
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
Also, can someone comment on whether I am better off sticking with the "official" release of v5 or the beta?
I did my first beta OS upgrade ever with .509 on March 1. (This forum seems to be giving links to beta downloads now. It was strictly forbidden before). The upgrade process worked like any others.
The comfort with "official" releases is that some carrier has tested it on their system and certified it OK with their subscribers. With a beta release you don't know if it has bugs that have not passed the testing of a carrier.
We have been told that there is no difference between a beta and an "official" version. I subsequently installed the "official" version at the top of this thread, because I twice got the white screen of death with the beta. (first time ever on an OS upgrade). I was away from the computer diring the beta upgrade and I speculate that there may have been something in the upgrade that was unusual so I decided to reinstall. I noticed that the file sizes were slightly different between the beta and the "official". Maybe there are slight differences (language support?) In any event, I have not experienced a locked white screen with the version at the top of this post.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #73
putter1210

Model: 8300

I have followed the instructions as listed by RAPTOR464 and when I use the loader.exe the only itme showing available is APP WORLD.. Am I missing something?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #74
putter1210

Model: 8300

I do have a bold 9000 just have not updated my profil
Old 03-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #75
carolinaberry

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser View Post
I did my first beta OS upgrade ever with .509 on March 1. (This forum seems to be giving links to beta downloads now. It was strictly forbidden before). The upgrade process worked like any others.
The comfort with "official" releases is that some carrier has tested it on their system and certified it OK with their subscribers. With a beta release you don't know if it has bugs that have not passed the testing of a carrier.
We have been told that there is no difference between a beta and an "official" version. I subsequently installed the "official" version at the top of this thread, because I twice got the white screen of death with the beta. (first time ever on an OS upgrade). I was away from the computer diring the beta upgrade and I speculate that there may have been something in the upgrade that was unusual so I decided to reinstall. I noticed that the file sizes were slightly different between the beta and the "official". Maybe there are slight differences (language support?) In any event, I have not experienced a locked white screen with the version at the top of this post.
A couple questions, if you don't mind? Did you wipe your Bold before upgrading? And secondly, have you experienced any of the voice-choppiness during calls that's been widely reported here and elsewhere with this build (and .464)?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #76
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by x14 View Post
ditto. I want my K back!!!
So check this out....

I just upgraded to this posted version. The "k" did not work for the screen lock shortcut.

I then activated my visual voice mail functionality, and the "k" is now back.

What the heck?

R
Old 03-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #77
BBNewbie1982

Model: Torch
Carrier: ATT

i downloaded this os and it works great. the only issue i have is with my gmail account. the default folder is the inbox, meaning i can't see sent messages unless i goto filter and pull up all mail or the sent box. anyway i can make "all mail" my default folder? thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #78
espresso

Carrier: Etisalate

Guys,
I have a strange problem with my Bold 9000 with this OS.
All smss from Blackberry messenger contacts are coming under blackberry messenger (BBM).

So for the same contact under BBM I have 2 threads, one for the BBMs and one for the SMS thread with a mobile phone icon. They do appear as well under SMS and MMS tab, but when I get an sms, my phone doesn't ring or vibrate since it's being treated as a BBM.
I have another friend on the same version, but he doesn't have the problem. SMSs always come separate.

I've tried with different options and setting but it aint helping.
Any ideas what I can do to sort it out?

Cheers,
Espresso
Old 03-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #79
dimsum

Carrier: Bell

picked up a problem today..

when on a call and I activate speakerphone a very high pitched tone comes on and stays on.. cant hear the caller at all.. its so loud and deafening..

anyone else having this problem?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #80
lagreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsum View Post
picked up a problem today..

when on a call and I activate speakerphone a very high pitched tone comes on and stays on.. cant hear the caller at all.. its so loud and deafening..

anyone else having this problem?
I have the same problem and every time you hit the volume up or down key the high pitched noise comes on while on speakerphone. Additionally, on almost all call I make or receive I can hear my own voice as echo. Echoing and high pitch noise happens even with blue-tooth device and blue-tooth is very noise with extraneous noise on 3 separate units.

I have wiped and reloaded twice already but there is no change.

Blackberry Bold on AT&T : 5.0.0.411
Closed Thread