Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
SamBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers
Default WARNING: Noreve Cases

Please Login to Remove!

I ordered on October 7, paid a FORTUNE for priority mailing ($18.80), and still nothing.

Two items that I ordered from Hong Kong on October 10 arrived today.

The USPS tracking number Noreve gave me says the item hasn't yet been submitted for shipping.

Stay away from this company. Luckily, my credit card company is crediting me for the whole transaction.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
NoreveUSA

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

The customer had indeed selected the USPS Priority Mail International shipping option from USA to Canada. As the USPS website clearly states, packages are estimated at 6-10 business days (actual time varies). This time can be extended due to customs regulations and inspections. Also, these items are shipped in the USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate envelope to limit total costs to the customer. Unfortunately, this option does not provide tracking for the item, again as stated clearly on the USPS website. We have instructed the customer to contact their local post office and USPS regarding this package. The customer disregarded our suggestion. If the customer had gone through the proper steps requested, we would have been more than happy to re-send a new case out to them at no additional charge.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

Have you contacted the company
Old 10-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
328iGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21569E16
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

Have you contacted the company
This is a bit of an ironic post considering the post PRIOR to yours is the companies explanation?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
SamBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Customer service?

Here's what they wrote to me. Threatened to charge me. Nice. Any other company on the planet selling high-end leather cases would have reshipped in a heartbeat.

Dear valued customer,

Hello Mr. B...,

As my help desk informed you today, we have shipped your item and can prove that we have done so. You can obviously file a claim with your credit card company as a chargeback, but we will show them proof of shipment and then file a claim against you for attempted fraud.

Just so that you understand, since we are in the United States, the shipment needs to go through customs and sometimes shipments could be delayed.

I would suggest that you wait to see if maybe your order arrives as could be delayed by customs.

Thank you again for being our customer!
Very best,
Old 10-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
masonfoley

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoreveUSA View Post
The customer had indeed selected the USPS Priority Mail International shipping option from USA to Canada. As the USPS website clearly states, packages are estimated at 6-10 business days (actual time varies). This time can be extended due to customs regulations and inspections. Also, these items are shipped in the USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate envelope to limit total costs to the customer. Unfortunately, this option does not provide tracking for the item, again as stated clearly on the USPS website. We have instructed the customer to contact their local post office and USPS regarding this package. The customer disregarded our suggestion. If the customer had gone through the proper steps requested, we would have been more than happy to re-send a new case out to them at no additional charge.
Two weeks and this is the response? I've ordered from China off of eBay and got merchandise within a week with no expedited shipping option.

The least this company can do is refund the priority shipping as that obviously provided no value to the customer regardless of where the "fault" may lie.

In an age where I can get two or three day shipping for free in many cases there's not much that can justify this kind of response. I'd say shop with people who can do a better job of guaranteeing the shipment. This is essential for a business that isn't brick and mortar to most of its customers. Thanks for the warning.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.

Last edited by masonfoley; 10-21-2008 at 10:15 PM..
Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
AllanRosen
Thumbs Must Hurt

NoreveUSA-- I have no stake in this discussion, but it seems to me you are being unreasonable. When you choose to send your items in a manner that cannot be tracked, then the burden is on you to prove when you shipped and you take responsbility if it takes an unusually long time to be delivered. I have ordered items that cost as little as $10 where the shipper sent in a manner that I could track on-line. Your customer paid $18 just for shipping. You should have sent the item in a way your customer could track. You're tarnishing your reputation when you are the one who cut corners by shipping in a non-trackable manner.

And your threat to allege fraud by the customer is ridiculous. If you said you would have been "glad" to send out a second item, why didn't you just do so instead of threatening your customer?

And you actually expect the customer to call the post office and track down a package that was sent in a manner that cannot be tracked on-line? Are you kidding me? Your customer has zero chance of tracking down the location of that package, even if he spent 24 hours a day for the next week doing so.

Noreve, after reading your letter and your post, I'll be certain not to place an order with your company.

Last edited by AllanRosen; 10-21-2008 at 10:55 PM..
Old 10-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #8
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

needs to be moved to rant and raves....
Old 10-22-2008, 12:31 AM   #9
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

I'm sure we all don't know the full extent of details from both parties but I love how they said they'd file a fraud claim against you and then wrote, "Thank you again for being our customer! Very Best,..." lol
Old 10-22-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
328iGuy

PIN: 21569E16
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanRosen View Post
Noreve, after reading your letter and your post, I'll be certain not to place an order with your company.

I would have to agree as I am currently in the market for a case for my Bold as well, and after the last response I think that is unacceptable. I will continue looking elsewhere.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #11
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

*** Moved to the Rants and Raves Forum section ***
Old 10-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #12
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iGuy View Post
This is a bit of an ironic post considering the post PRIOR to yours is the companies explanation?
somehow I missed the reply by noreve

Last edited by ezrunner; 10-22-2008 at 08:02 AM..
Old 10-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #13
NoreveUSA

Carrier: T-Mobile

Hello again all,

Please allow me to clarify the situation. We always strive to help our customers out in any way that we can. As I had stated in my previous response, we were willing to ship out another case to the customer free of charge IF the customer followed our recommendations and allowed us to file a claim with the courier. I also would have been more than happy to refund the shipping costs.

However, once the customer stated that they filed a claim with their credit card company we can no longer help that customer as we must instead work with the CC company. Think of this in terms of someone filing a lawsuit, although the scope of the issue is quite smaller. If party A sues party B, then party B can no longer attempt to fix the situation without following along with the legal course of action.

Had we been given a chance to work with the customer, we would have done all that we could to ensure that they were happy. Instead their immediate response was to file a claim, as is the customer's right.

I apologize to all for this being dragged through the forums. Being a loyal reader and participant, during my personal time, of Blackberry Forums I am grateful to the community for their honest and immediate feedback of the situation. This is my final response to this thread, but I will be checking it periodically for the responses from the community.

Best regards,

Sam Brust
VP Sales
NoreveUSA.com
Old 10-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #14
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310

Sounds to me like the OP overreacted since he did not get the item as fast as he wanted it. I have seen this type of customer before in retail and there is typically no pleasing them. I don't blame Noreve for taking the stand they did. The OP never really allowed them the oppourtunity to make it right. We are after all only talking about 10 or so days after the original purchase before he filed a claim. I bet it arrives today or by the weekend and then the OP has a case that he did not pay for.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #15
matthiasj
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2164B714

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwyr View Post
Sounds to me like the OP overreacted since he did not get the item as fast as he wanted it. I have seen this type of customer before in retail and there is typically no pleasing them. I don't blame Noreve for taking the stand they did. The OP never really allowed them the oppourtunity to make it right. We are after all only talking about 10 or so days after the original purchase before he filed a claim. I bet it arrives today or by the weekend and then the OP has a case that he did not pay for.
well said, sometimes stuff takes longer, I've shipped and received enough packages to know that the delivery time will vary due to a number of different variables. I'm on Noreve's side on this one, jumping the gun, making accusations, and filing claims with your card company before ever trying to work the situation out is not the way to do business.

Blackberry Leaks
Old 10-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #16
hnsimpson
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it
Carrier: Verizon

My sister has a Noreve case...she loves it, I am jealous of it.

-simpson

-Young MC
Old 10-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #17
SamBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Loyal participant?

Mr. Brust writes: "Being a loyal reader and participant, during my personal time, of Blackberry Forums..."

Check out the date he joined the forum. It was October 21, 2008.

His loyalty is to be commended.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #18
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwyr View Post
That's my thoughts as well, especially since it was 10-11 days coming from another country...
Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #19
Fletchi18

Model: 9530
PIN: a Colada
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBerry View Post
Mr. Brust writes: "Being a loyal reader and participant, during my personal time, of Blackberry Forums..."

Check out the date he joined the forum. It was October 21, 2008.

His loyalty is to be commended.

It says during his *personal* time. If you notice, his username is the name of the company. So, it is entirely possible that he has another username that he uses during his personal time.

Possible?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #20
acosenza2

I agree that there is an issue with the fact that you paid for expedited shipping and it has not yet arrived.....stinks but sometimes that happens.

However, your response after waiting only 10 days was not a reasonable one, you should have tried to work with the company. I have bought things that took longer than usual to arrive and I contact the company and they help me out and I receive my product and everyone is happy.

I also believe that the companies letter of pursuing you for fraud was an over reaction, but they seem to be a good company none-the-less.

Perhaps our BB's have made us a little impatient, but the USPS does not move at the same speed as our BB's.
Closed Thread