Old 06-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
nwatson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default uninstalling unwanted apps

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, new here and this is my first blackberry.

Is there any way to uninstall CNN, Where, ESPN, Bloomberg, Fandango, Ypmoble, snap.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: uninstalling unwanted apps

Some can be deleted, others are service books the carrier pushes to your handset. You can delete them, or they anyway, by highlighting the icon and hitting Delete on your keyboard. or you can go into Options > Advanced Options > Applications, highlight it in the list, and use the Menu key to select Delete.

If you delete an app and it comes back all on it's own, it's a service book. The only thing to do in that case is just hide the icon and ignore it.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
nwatson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Some can be deleted, others are service books the carrier pushes to your handset. You can delete them, or they anyway, by highlighting the icon and hitting Delete on your keyboard. or you can go into Options > Advanced Options > Applications, highlight it in the list, and use the Menu key to select Delete.

If you delete an app and it comes back all on it's own, it's a service book. The only thing to do in that case is just hide the icon and ignore it.
Ok there no delete by highlighting the icon and the apps are not in Applications, but i did find them in service books . So do I delete them in service books and they are gone?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
SamBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

You can delete them in Service Books, but they'll come back, usually when you reboot.

Interesting sidelight on getting rid of BlackBerry Messenger (which always runs in the background - something I hate). You cannot delete it BUT when a new version comes out and you install it THEN you can delete it permanently.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Yeah, those service books will keep coming back. Nothing for it but to hide the icons. All carriers push certain things to you as part of their branding of your device. Sprint loves shoving Sprint TV, Sprint NFL Live, Pandora, and a couple others at me. None of them interest me in the least on my BlackBerry so I just hide them and forget 'em.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
palomartian
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: ched off BBM, gained 3MB
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBerry View Post
You can delete them in Service Books, but they'll come back, usually when you reboot.

Interesting sidelight on getting rid of BlackBerry Messenger (which always runs in the background - something I hate). You cannot delete it BUT when a new version comes out and you install it THEN you can delete it permanently.
Did that on my 9000. Helped enormously on that phone due to lack of memory. I have tons of free mem on the 9800, but I wonder if the thing will speed up a bit without that running in the background.
"You. My room. 10:30 tonight. You. 10:45... And bring a friend."
Closed Thread