Old 09-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
cmdrbond

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Exclamation BB Media Sync Connection Error

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I just got a media card and downloaded BB Media Sync to download my itunes music to my BB Curve. When I load up the Media Sync application, it recognizes my PIN in parenthesis at the top but gives me the following error:
"BlackBerry Media Sync failed to connect to your BlackBerry deivde. Click Connect to try again or Cancel to disconnect."

I can access my media card through Roxio and Explorer, so I believe my BB is connected properly.

Also, according to the BB Media Sync page, it is supposed to prompt me to name my device, but I never got that option.

BB Specs:
BB 8310 with OS 4.5.0.52
Desktop Manager 4.5.0.15
Windows Vista

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or has an idea how to fix this?

Thank you very much, in advance
Old 09-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
cmdrbond

Has anyone encountered this issue?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

Hi...

Did you try compatability mode on Vista?
It seems with the amount of posts here regarding Vista issues, there are multiple issues depending on what Desktop Manager and now the newer Sync software.
Try the compatability mode and let us know if this works....
I don't have one computer in the house with Vista yet.

H.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
cmdrbond

It works! Thank you.

All I had to do was right-click the short-cut on my start menu, select properites and under the compatability tab check the box next to "run this program in compatability mode." I am running it as Windows XP SP2 and it works great.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #5
mastra

Model: 8100
Carrier: Personal Argentina

I have an 8100, vista OS, and i have the same error even with the compatability mode on
Old 10-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #6
SeikS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100R
Carrier: Fido/T-Mobile

i have the same issue also.
media sync worked great when i first installed it but now i keep getting the connection error msg. ive tried formatting my media card and i have vista on my laptop so i tried running media sync under XP compatibility but still getting the error msg.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
SeikS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100R
Carrier: Fido/T-Mobile

i just realized, i think my connection issues started after the last itunes update.
made there's a compatibility issue?

but would that really cause media sync to not connect to my handheld?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
kjjb0204

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Just installed media sync tonight, and getting the same issue. "failed to connect to your device" even though the pin shows in the top corner of the media sync window. Tried the compatibility mode, no luck. Anyone have other ideas?
Old 10-30-2008, 06:07 AM   #9
holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
Just installed media sync tonight, and getting the same issue. "failed to connect to your device" even though the pin shows in the top corner of the media sync window. Tried the compatibility mode, no luck. Anyone have other ideas?
Hi KJ...
Do you have mass media storage mode set to yes?
If so, do you put your password in? (or maybe you don't have a password??)
Are you on XP or Vista?
What kind of media card do you have? Can you access the media card using mass storage mode?

H.

Last edited by holden; 10-30-2008 at 06:09 AM..
Old 10-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #10
kjjb0204

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted

Mass storage is enabled, running vista, 8gb sandisk, and card is fully accessible. Can I just drag and drop the music files in windows explorer?

Update: Used drag and drop and transferred just fine.

Last edited by kjjb0204; 10-30-2008 at 10:44 AM..
Old 10-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
Wirelessly posted

Mass storage is enabled, running vista, 8gb sandisk, and card is fully accessible. Can I just drag and drop the music files in windows explorer?

Update: Used drag and drop and transferred just fine.
Yes to your question.

The one thing I like about the media sync is that you can customize your play lists and it will categorize your music when it syncs. I started dropping music to the music folder before I knew about the media sync.

Getting back to the Vista OS, there are others here on the forum who ran in compatibility mode, and others who ran with admin privileges and got the app going. Not sure why it will not run on Vista every time.

I just have not found a compelling reason to purchase Vista yet since I have everything on XP. Time will change this eventually as we will have to start supporting this os at work in the future.

Cheers...

Last edited by holden; 11-26-2008 at 06:37 AM..
Old 11-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #12
dcpuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrbond View Post
Hi,

I just got a media card and downloaded BB Media Sync to download my itunes music to my BB Curve. When I load up the Media Sync application, it recognizes my PIN in parenthesis at the top but gives me the following error:
"BlackBerry Media Sync failed to connect to your BlackBerry deivde. Click Connect to try again or Cancel to disconnect."

I can access my media card through Roxio and Explorer, so I believe my BB is connected properly.

Also, according to the BB Media Sync page, it is supposed to prompt me to name my device, but I never got that option.

BB Specs:
BB 8310 with OS 4.5.0.52
Desktop Manager 4.5.0.15
Windows Vista

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or has an idea how to fix this?

Thank you very much, in advance
Make sure Desktop Manager isn't running at the same time. Shut it down then start up Media Sync again.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #13
pennington16

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Default BlackBerry MediaSync Issues

i downloaded Blackberry MediaSync today and connected my blackberry 8330 curve. MediaSync recognizes my bb is connected because i see the pin number, however when it tries to connect, i keep getting the error: "Blackberry Media Sync failed to connect to your Blackberry device. Click retry to try again or Cancel to disconnect." I've read through all the advice listed and tried it all but none seem to work. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I would really like to use so i can get my itunes songs on my bb.

thanks a lot for your help.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #14
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennington16 View Post
i downloaded Blackberry MediaSync today and connected my blackberry 8330 curve. MediaSync recognizes my bb is connected because i see the pin number, however when it tries to connect, i keep getting the error: "Blackberry Media Sync failed to connect to your Blackberry device. Click retry to try again or Cancel to disconnect." I've read through all the advice listed and tried it all but none seem to work. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I would really like to use so i can get my itunes songs on my bb.

thanks a lot for your help.
Welcome to the forums!

Do you have Mass Storage Mode on your phone on? Options>Media Card> Switch Mass Storage Mode Support to "On" and Save.

When you have finsihed moving media and have disconnected from your PC, follow the same steps to turn Mass Storage Mode to "Off".
Old 01-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #15
pennington16

Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub33 View Post
Welcome to the forums!

Do you have Mass Storage Mode on your phone on? Options>Media Card> Switch Mass Storage Mode Support to "On" and Save.

When you have finsihed moving media and have disconnected from your PC, follow the same steps to turn Mass Storage Mode to "Off".
Yes, i switched Mass Storage Mode to "ON" and i still get the same error message when i use Media Sync. Not sure what else to do. Any more suggestions? This is really frustrating me. Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:46 AM   #16
ektay

Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennington16 View Post
Yes, i switched Mass Storage Mode to "ON" and i still get the same error message when i use Media Sync. Not sure what else to do. Any more suggestions? This is really frustrating me. Thanks a lot for your help.
im haveing the same problems ive waited around for 2 days now looking for fix on 3 other forums and still nothing here is my posts.....

today my wife traded in her samsung instinct for a bb curve 8330 because she hated it and she liked my curve

when she tryed to do media sync it said "blackberry media sync failed to connect to your blackberry device. click retry to try again or cancel to disconnect" now in media sync where it normaly says "no device" it has "Blackberry (XXXXXXXXX) so it is seing it just not using it. when i hook up my curve it works fine with no problems. i put all the software on her laptop so she can sync outlook and itunes on it rather than getting both phones confuzed with one computer syncing. i have done just about every thing but wiping the curve, any thoughts?

both curvs are justs about the same there both 8330 hers is red mine is silver. i have a 8g card and she has 2gig card

i did do the 4.5 update on it so they are running same os

on her laptop im running 4.7 desktop and standalone media sync also
Old 01-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #17
ektay

Carrier: sprint

removed 4.7 desktop and other bb software. then i instled just the drivers and BlackBerry Media Sync still the same problem as before
Old 02-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #18
Ed Hochuli

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT
Default Media Sync error

I have a Bold and I'm having the same problem. I don't have a media card - I've been using the memory on the device - so it has nothing to do with the media card formatting. I have synced with iTunes many times in the past with this phone, but suddenly the sync failed. I hadn't made any changes. It just quit working. I get the same error reported ("Blackberry Media Sync failed to connect to your Blackberry device. Click retry to try again or Cancel to disconnect")

My blackberry is connected, as the pin shows in the upper left hand corner, and because I can view my music if I go in thru Media Manager. I just can't get it thru Media Sync, and thus I can't sync with iTunes.

I have removed and reinstalled Desktop Manager 4.7.

Any further suggestions? Thank you
Closed Thread