BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
debj

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Default reload software 507,561,JVM problem etc..

Please Login to Remove!

Hi
My pearl is totally unuseable and I'm in need of help - please
I've read many of your posts and have tried many things you suggested but still doesn't work. First of all - I messed the phone by trying to disallow a 3rd party application access since I was going away on vacation. Yes, dumb but....
All I get now is "reload software" 561 or 507 or 508(?) etc.
What I've done:
deleted vendor .
in the add/remove section all I have is bb4.6 and bb software updater
I've updated the dm and connected my phone which it seems to recognize since it shows usp - pin #....
Then I click on the application loader - add/remove and states no software available
then I went to apploader and tried running as admin which didn't work since it requires a password. when I double click to run it states the bb desktop doesn't have software for your device.
There is a section to "add" but when I click on it it takes me to all my files

I also tried to update os from bb site - took out battery ran without it knowing pin number - reinstalled battery - hit finish and got fatal error occured - now I have reload software 507 back
trying again from bb site to update phone - I get as far as Task In Progress 5 of 5
then loading module "net_rim_ddc.cod" (or is it cldc?) stops and states application loader can't connect make sure device is connected" (which it is) - I hit retry over and over and now and then I get "reconnecting to JVM" which errors out and brings me back loading module etc..
Is there any hope this can be fixed?
Thanks
Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Download JL_CMDER (search for it) and totally wipe out your BlckBerry.

Then reload the OS - a pure copy, stop deleting modules.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
debj

finally found a link to download it. Double clicked the icon on desktop and it asks if I want to run it (yes) then are you sure you want to install (yes) then Screen blinks and nothing happens
any suggestions?

Last edited by debj; 12-03-2009 at 12:49 PM..
Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
debj

i have the JL_Cmder loaded and wiped my phone.
Went to dm and tried to load application and it states that there is no software available. (in the past it gave me the option of upgrading so software must be there)
Update:
I was download directly from bb site AND now am stuck in the same place I was before I wiped my device - step 5 of 5
(I get as far as Task In Progress 5 of 5
then loading module "net_rim_ddc.cod" (or is it cldc?) stops and states application loader can't connect make sure device is connected" (which it is) - I hit retry over and over and now and then I get "reconnecting to JVM" which errors out and brings me back loading module etc..)
Help please

Last edited by debj; 12-03-2009 at 03:18 PM..
Old 12-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
TTsoldier
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2168B71A
Carrier: bmobile

Dont use dm. Did you download the OS for your phone and install it?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
debj

when I download from blackberry I get stuck on step 5 as listed above
If I go to c drive program files etc to app loader it doesn't show any app to load but there is a button to "add" but it takes me to all files on harddrive and I don't know where to go from there.
Any suggestions - please
Old 12-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Did you remember to locate and delete VENDOR.XML on your PC C: drive?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
debj

I just did that again and ran apploader from the c: / program files, etc and I get the button again asking me to add but don't know where to go from there.
Next I tried to load from dm and it says no software is available to load
What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Sounds like you may have missed a step..

Follow this thread -> http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html to the letter.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
debj

Ok - I did that step for step and this is where I get stuck
clicked on app loader and it sees only pin 0
I load everything and it gets stuck at the same place as mentioned earlier
jvm - and when loading module "net_rim_cldc.cod" it then states application loader can't connect make sure device is connected" (which it is) - I hit retry over and over and keep getting the same thing.
by the way - my phone shows reload software 507 again (or still?)edit - I plugged out phone and repluged and am starting again. This time it saw pin 2 so maybe it will work?
Nope - keeps getting stuck in same place
What should I try next? Thanks

application loader can't connect to your device and round and round again

Last edited by debj; 12-03-2009 at 09:06 PM..
Old 12-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #11
debj

this is what has been installed on my device
rimox8D001103.sfi version 4.1.0.100
net_rim_platform_resourse_en_US version 4.6.0.305
net_rim_platform_im_resource_e
net_rim_platformapps_resources
net_rim_app_manager

not installed
net_rim_cldc etc..
Old 12-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #12
debj

good morning - any suggestions on where to proceed from here?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
debj

nothing?
Old 12-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #14
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Wow...
Old 12-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #15
wanton007

Model: 9000
Carrier: Fido

I have the same problem. Loaded OS 5 onto my Bold 9000 not realizing that Voice Dialing wouldn't work.

So now I want to downgrade to OS 4.6 and I always get stuck at the Loading Module "net_rim_ddc.cod" section.

Left it for 2 hours and it was still in the same spot. I have no problems wiping and going back to OS5. Wiping and going to OS 4.6 doesn't work. I have DM 5.01 installed but I am using the AppLoader.

I do also delete the vendor.xml file as well.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #16
TeRaViK86

Model: 8220
PIN: 256ACD81
Carrier: none

Do not ever wipe your OS again to newer one, you will end up with useless BB in your hand. It does appear in some models the electronics are not tested as it should be and due to the higher sales we pay for it. If loading stop at second or third module,...I have bad news for you . You must know that there are around 800 modules and net_rim_cldc.cod is one of the largest, electronics with problems just cannot stand it?! If you are that lucky winner and live in States or Europe, take the BB to the nearest shop and demand replacement. You will see that sellers they will not argue with you, because they know about this issue. The rest with unlocked BBs or living in other countries...God help you. None of the explanations works, believe me. Worming the device up to 175 C, will help in minor el. problems, but, why bothering you might brake it for good. Popularity and high demand has it's price. So if somebody knows really how to fix this, please write to us, thanks.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
wanton007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRaViK86 View Post
Do not ever wipe your OS again to newer one, you will end up with useless BB in your hand. It does appear in some models the electronics are not tested as it should be and due to the higher sales we pay for it. If loading stop at second or third module,...I have bad news for you . You must know that there are around 800 modules and net_rim_cldc.cod is one of the largest, electronics with problems just cannot stand it?! If you are that lucky winner and live in States or Europe, take the BB to the nearest shop and demand replacement. You will see that sellers they will not argue with you, because they know about this issue. The rest with unlocked BBs or living in other countries...God help you. None of the explanations works, believe me. Worming the device up to 175 C, will help in minor el. problems, but, why bothering you might brake it for good. Popularity and high demand has it's price. So if somebody knows really how to fix this, please write to us, thanks.
I got mine to work and have wiped several times now tweaking stuff along the way. So personally, I think it's okay, and I've seen your post on other forums over and over again. Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #18
TeRaViK86

Model: 8220
PIN: 256ACD81
Carrier: none

OK wanton007, glad that you made it, but, for forget to explain how you did it, this is what we want to hear. Lot of people seek help here, but, when they fix it forget to tell us!? Dear wanton007, my Blackberry is unlocked afterwards, since I am living somewhere where we do not have opportunity like you to buy it for couple of bucks for a contract, we have to purchase it from abroad and it has always an logo of T-Mobile or Vodafone, so I suppose it is unlocked afterward. For warranty we can only dream about.
Let me explain from beginning, so, sometimes my BB was restarting and I come to the idea to upgrade it, and it stuck at, you know which module...I tried (a three months now) every possibility I found at the forums, it makes me puke to list you now. The only thing that gave me hope was worming the device?! Strange yes, but when you are desperate... OK,... it worked and I installed with minimum modules (this i did with BB master control program).
BB was then working fine, without icons, graphic system dialing was possible only from contact list,...and later I decided to load the rest and it started to restart endlessly I wiped it again and it continued to stuck with that module again,... I am not trying to warm it again maybe it will be dead for good...I am waiting someone to send it for servicing abroad. Wow, I wrote lot of it.
Oh, by the way, the claims I received from the forum member which is very logical to me. With warming the faulted electronics are widening and thus having better contact and making the load possible. When it cools down, no load possible?! You explain me that...
When you take it for servicing (again from members I can not copy and past all of it) they had replacement without problem and aways with explanation similar like this one: It was broken, some electronical part, and none (or I haven't read any of this option) of them were upgraded at shop. Sorry for long story
So, any help for me?
Old 01-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #19
wanton007

Okay, to further explain what I did, I downgraded to 4.6 which was working fine for me with now issues. I've always used the AppLoader without DM, and I also used JL_CMDER to wipe the phone each time.

Once I got it working on 4.6, I thought I wouldn't bother until an official release of 5.0 came out. However, I got impatient with the boot times etc of 4.6 so I tried it again. Uninstalled 4.6 off my computer, uninstalled DM (just in case), rebooted the computer.

Then I installed DM again, installed 5.0 on my computer and used BBSAK to wipe the phone this time instead. When I launched AppLoader, and started the upgrade to 5.0, the pin was 'unknown' as well.

I walked away and came back 15 minutes later and it was done I've since then upgraded to several different versions of 5.0.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #20
3j3x

Model: 7130C
Carrier: T-mobile
Thumbs down

I sure am glad that am never to havening worming device as my fixing problem.
Closed Thread