BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 07:07 AM   #1
inferno

Default "907 invalid JAR" error upon jad d/l (and other pr

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I'm attempting to install jmIrc after upgrading to OS ver 4.0.0.198 on my 7100t and i'm getting a message "907 invalid JAR" when i click on "Download" from the installation screen. The link I'm using is http://jmirc.sf.net/jmIrc.jad

I also get the same error message attempting to install the reqwireless Webviewer software.

I'm also have problems with other third party network apps (BBToday and Verichat). BBtoday weather sometimes downloads and sometimes i get an error message (at the moment the error is "Unable to open connection").

Verichat will sometimes connect to all 3 of my IM services (AIM, Yahoo, and MSN), but then shortly after will disconnect from 2 or all of the services.

I'm using a 7100t with the 4.0.0.198 OS and BWC (not a BES subscriber). The signal strength usually fluctuates between -84db and -96db.

I HAVE successfully gotten the "using blackberry device as modem for laptop" thing to work. In fact, that's what I'm using right now, have been connected for about 15 minutes and received 633KB.

Thanks for any advice/help in advance,
Joseph
Old 02-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #2
sbass

Sounds like you having the socket issue that many others are having as well. Are you on TMobile? Does this issue go away if you remove/reinsert the battery?

Shawn
Old 02-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
inferno

Yes, I'm on TMobile, and popping the battery doesn't help.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #4
lloydg

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

I had the same problem with AT&T when trying certain OTA installs (some Magmic games, the free games from mobile.blackberry.com). The "fix" for me was to download the new handheld OS release from AT&T last week, after installing that new OS I was able to OTA download the apps that caused failures before.

I know that doesn't help you with Tmobile unless they happen to have a new OS release, but maybe someone here knows what changed in the OS that helps.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
TheMatrix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile

I too am encountering this problem. :/

Is there any other way to get jad/jar files installed?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:30 AM   #6
TheMatrix
Thumbs Must Hurt

What's ever going to happen with this problem? I've heard it's affecting quite a few people.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
neutral
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Cu/Bo
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T

Has there been a solution found to this yet? :o
Old 03-20-2005, 11:39 PM   #8
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

try installing the cingular (7100g) or rogers (7100r) update (yes, on your 7100t). they're up to 4.0.0.219 now. delete the vendor.xml file before trying to update via app loader.

Last edited by jibi; 03-20-2005 at 11:42 PM..
Old 03-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #9
TheMatrix
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just did so, and it still doesn't work.

What a POS - must be a network problem. How many months are us T-Mobile users supposed to wait for such basic features!?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:28 PM   #10
neutral
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix
I just did so, and it still doesn't work.

What a POS - must be a network problem. How many months are us T-Mobile users supposed to wait for such basic features!?
How is this error message a network problem?
Old 03-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #11
TheMatrix
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm not sure. All I know is it doesn't work with any version of 4.0 so far on my 7100t - and since it appears other people using the same version but on a different network can, I can only conclude it's a problem with T-Mobile and not the 7100.

Either way, it's a basic feature that should work. Even if there's a problem with it, it shouldn't take 3 months to fix it.

I'm just frustrated at how long it takes for such simple things to be done. At the end of November, I, along with everyone else, lost the ability to use TCP. It wasn't until the beginning of March that it started working again. In my opinion 3 months for a multimillion (billion?) dollar corporation to adjust their network settings is unacceptable. Had I refused to pay them $20/mo because they took away some of my functionality, they would have thought themselves "ill used" (to quote Scrooge ;) ) but the otherway around, then "that's life" and I should "just deal with it."
Old 03-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #12
neutral
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix
I'm not sure. All I know is it doesn't work with any version of 4.0 so far on my 7100t - and since it appears other people using the same version but on a different network can, I can only conclude it's a problem with T-Mobile and not the 7100.

Either way, it's a basic feature that should work. Even if there's a problem with it, it shouldn't take 3 months to fix it.

I'm just frustrated at how long it takes for such simple things to be done. At the end of November, I, along with everyone else, lost the ability to use TCP. It wasn't until the beginning of March that it started working again. In my opinion 3 months for a multimillion (billion?) dollar corporation to adjust their network settings is unacceptable. Had I refused to pay them $20/mo because they took away some of my functionality, they would have thought themselves "ill used" (to quote Scrooge ;) ) but the otherway around, then "that's life" and I should "just deal with it."
I have no problems getting other java files. I'm wandering if it has anything to do with the sizebit indication 0 from their website?
Old 03-21-2005, 04:43 PM   #13
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

could always just convert the jar/jad to a cod file (method is on this forum - search for midlet) and try to load it using javaloader (method is on this forum - search for javaloader).
Old 05-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #14
j0nkatz

I'm having the exact same problems
Closed Thread