BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
SecretAsianMan

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Default No Wireless Reconcile for Redirector

Please Login to Remove!

Short Story: I cannot get wireless reconciliation to work with Redirector. New mail gets to my BB just fine, and I can send mail from the BB. But there is no wireless synchronization of read/unread status, deletes, or calendar items.

Long Story: My employer has a BES which I cannot access due to political reasons. I intend to use Redirector instead to get wireless access to my Exchange 2003 account. My BB is a new 7105t through T-Mobile with appropriate service. I set up BWC for with my personal IMAP account, and it is working 100%. With BWC I created a push address @tmo.blackberry.net, which also works 100%. I installed the latest BlackBerry Desktop (4.1.0.8) on my workstation (which stays on all the time). The redirector option was selected at install time. These redirector settings were changed:
  • Disable message redirection while your device is connected --> False
  • Auto signature --> Added a three-line signature
  • Filters --> Deleted default filters and created three new ones
  • Message service display name --> My employer name (let's use MyEmployer for discussion)
Good: New work mail arrives on the BB. I can send mail from the BB to co-workers. USB cable sync works 100%. Bad: Read/unread status, moves, and deletes done in Outlook do not wirelessly sync to the BB, and vice versa. There is no sync of calendar items or tasks.

In Messages -> Options -> Email Reconciliation, I select MyEmployer (the message service name), and there is no Wireless Reconcile option. The only option available is Delete On, which I have set to Mailbox & Handheld.

When I do a Reconcile Now on the BB, I see two coded messages momentarily appear in my Outlook inbox.

Based on BB knowledge base article KB-04401, I deleted the MyEmployer[CICAL] and MyEmployer[CMIME] service books and then connected the BB via USB. The service books returned, but there was no change in symptoms.

I have also tried renaming the service to Desktop, rebooting the BB, and changing the encryption key. I disabled all rules and scripts that process my mail. Still no change. The one thing I have not done is a BB wipe.

I am a professional software developer, and I generally know what I'm doing with technology. I have searched Google and the boards and have found no working resolution. Anybody got any ideas?
Old 11-24-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
amassere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

Funny thing is, i wanted to ask the same question today...im new on redirector..i dont even know if it does reconcile?

I dont have BES, only have a hosted exchange account..can send, can recieve NO PROBLEM...reconiling is a issue (i dont even have the option to do so)...
Old 11-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Long story short....Desktop Redirector won't do wireless reconcile.

Zro
Old 11-24-2005, 07:18 PM   #4
amassere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

thats what i thought!
Old 11-25-2005, 12:43 AM   #5
SecretAsianMan

Carrier: AT&T

Well, thanks for the reply. IIRC, the BB did successfully reconcile via USB. That is not a perfect solution, but it will handle most of my use cases.
Closed Thread