Old 03-23-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
richthewhite

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: KPN
Unhappy Neverending Loading Screen

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

This might have been posted about before, but I couldn't find it. So if so, I'm sorry.

The problem is this:
A BB Curve 8900 with a neverending loading screen.
It just shows the white screen with the little black clock until the battery has gone empty. Sometimes the screen goes black and the red led goes on, and it starts over again.
I tried pressing every button, tried changing batteries nothing works.

Been googling about this problem for over an hour now, but i've found no real solution yet. So I'm asking you guys for some advice. Please help

Thanks!
Rich
Old 03-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Neverending Loading Screen

Try wiping the device, and then reload the OS.

See blackberryfaq.com and find the article on JL_CMDER. Or, google BBSAK, and look at that. Use either to wipe the device.

Then install the OS again, or see the "latest" OS thread for your model BlackBerry and install the most recent OS released for your model. If you go that later route, follow the instructions exactly.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
Carrier: T-Mobile

Rich, I saw a post recently that had the same problem. When the user put the phone into a cradle charger it booted up and started charging.

The user posed the theory that the phone had a problem booting/charging after a complete discharge of the battery because he felt that using the mini usb connection was causing the phone to search for a data link.

Now I'm not sure is his problem is identical to yours, and I am not personally aware if this simple fix works, and whats more I'm sure the solutions given by the more experienced forum members is probably the best way to go, but when I saw your post I thought I'd mention it.

If you own a charging cradle, or know someone who has one it wouldn't hurt to drop you phone in it and see what happens.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

The USB connection supplies sufficient power to charge a BB and even if the device is searching for some type of data connection such as desktop manager it should not cause an issue. I agree with aiharkness, the OS sounds corrupted.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
hardcore
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: us cellular

we called it "rebooting or hang-up" we usually verify first on the battery.using OEM battery ill chrge the battery through PC,then if the problem persist..im trying to reload the OS and its gonna be ok...if youre using a new application or installed a new app. tried to update your OS like aiharkness said.....
Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
Carrier: T-Mobile

tsac, I am sure you are right about that. I saw that post a day or two ago and the op claimed it had worked for him on a 9000, 8310, and a 8220 all with infinite restart loop problems, just figured it can't hurt to set a phone in a charger and see what happens.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaszman View Post
tsac, I am sure you are right about that. I saw that post a day or two ago and the op claimed it had worked for him on a 9000, 8310, and a 8220 all with infinite restart loop problems, just figured it can't hurt to set a phone in a charger and see what happens.
Absolutely, thats how we learn the new weird things the BB will do. Any and all suggestions are welcome on the forums site. Keep it up. Good suggestion. Hopefully the OP will post what does work so we learn another thing that can cause the issue
Closed Thread