Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #21
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile

Please Login to Remove!

T-support claims that they do not author the ITPolicy-English....exe file and cannot provide it. They also said that the only wat to remove an IT Policy from a BlackBerry is to connect it to another BES with a default policy. Something is wrong when a consumer cannot leave a company, own a handheld and cannot restore it to factory default as if it was out of the box!!!!!! Any help would be provided. I am on the phone with T-Mobile with a support guy that is ready to fight for a better answer. Will post if I hear anything different!!!

Update: T-Mobile support got the same answer and said he was willing to swap out my unit and send me a new one but I am hesitant only because it will be refurbished and also have heard many others with various problems and needing to replace units 1-5 times and other than the policy mine works great. There has got to be a better answer!!!

Last edited by 7100simpleisbetter; 04-08-2005 at 04:49 PM..
Old 04-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #22
BlackBerryLinks

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone

I think loading the firmware (OS) will help.

Bob
Old 04-08-2005, 03:55 PM   #23
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerryLinks
I think loading the firmware (OS) will help.

Bob
it doesn't.

mikej, care to post the tool up?
Old 04-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #24
7100simpleisbetter

jibi is right, I have 507ed the device in many different ways on many different computers to try to avoid a registry entry causing problems. I have javaloader -usb wipe, invalid password 507 and everytime I load the OS back on it comes up with enter a new password and has the policy set as if I never killed the thing. It is the most frustrating process ever. RIM says, sorry, you need to connect to another BES to get a new policy sent to you. I am considering a MyBlueBerry or something for a month to get a policy sent, then cancel but I am researching if they push a default, unsecured policy or not?

Anyhow, if someone has a tool please email it to me at [email address].

I would appreciate it greatly!!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #25
ocman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

before you remove it from the BES put the default policy back on it. Once this is complete go to the security options and disable passwords. After this is done you can wipe it etc.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #26
7100simpleisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocman
before you remove it from the BES put the default policy back on it. Once this is complete go to the security options and disable passwords. After this is done you can wipe it etc.
Ocman,

The problem is for most of us is that when leaving a company they do not have any interest in your issues with their policy and without access to the BES as admin we cannot force the default policy to be put back onto HH. Also, most of us figure out we need to clear a policy after we are already gone, then we find BBF and can't get back in touch with the former employers BES Admins and are stuck with the policy.

I have read from other posts that a default policy.bin file will take care of this problem. If you have access to a BES or ITPolicy.exe can you create a policy.bin from the default policy and email it to me at [email address]. This would allow me to try this as a viable option for removing the policy and will reply back whether this works or not. Others say it does but I need to get a copy of a default policy.bin file to make this work.

Thanks in advance.

7100sib
----------------------------
I want my handheld back under my control not the control of the evil empire!!! Please help!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 06:28 AM   #27
conrelma

I'm guessing here and I don't know if it will work, but what about downloading the BES software trial version? I'm sure the ITPolicy.exe will be included in the download because it is needed to create the policy.bin files. From what I understand anyway....
Old 04-14-2005, 03:53 PM   #28
7100simpleisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrelma
I'm guessing here and I don't know if it will work, but what about downloading the BES software trial version? I'm sure the ITPolicy.exe will be included in the download because it is needed to create the policy.bin files. From what I understand anyway....
I would like to try this. Where can the BES software trial version be downloaded from?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:30 PM   #29
conrelma

My bad - no trial available

When you go to downloads there is indeed a "Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.0" in the drop-down list, but this is for the hotfixes.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:04 PM   #30
DoomBringer

Model: 7280
Carrier: cingular, no wait, AT&T

Perform a handheld wipe, and make sure the BES doesn't have your device as a user.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #31
7100simpleisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBringer
Perform a handheld wipe, and make sure the BES doesn't have your device as a user.
Doesn't work, tried this along with every other wipe. See my new post Disable Security... that explains how I got security off my handheld.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:34 PM   #32
Masud
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Well...from a security point of view, I am glad that the BlackBerries hold on to their policies so tightly. What if a high-ranking official from the government lost his/her BlackBerry and someone, not being the BES admin, could change the policy on your device by messing around with the settings. It's tough when your in a situation like this, but it is the reason why governments and corporations love the BlackBerry.

Cheers,

Masud
Old 11-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #33
nauman_416
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700r
Carrier: rogers
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrye
we've done that with a few devices. Just load up a blank policy and the device has worked like it was brand new.
hi dear,
i need ur step by step help in loading a blank policy on my 7100r.
my email is [email address]
i will appreciate if u reply and put me on right path.
thanks
Old 11-28-2005, 01:40 AM   #34
romerom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310v
Carrier: Verizon

I am selling my current blackberry 7290 on ebay and need to WIPE IT OUT completely before I send it off. I already know how to wipe my data, but I want to make sure any possible security policies left on my device are gone as well. Can someone email the utility and some steps to me @ romerom at gmail dot com ? Or if someone has a BES server, can they push a default policy to me?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:38 PM   #35
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

For the record:

No one here at BlackBerryForums will ever send you a blank policy file. Nor will they send you the utilities to erase your current policies. Please stop asking.
Closed Thread