Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #21
DavidAdams
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: NotYe
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2

Please Login to Remove!

The UserConfigID is a link to the ID field in the UserConfig table, which in turn wil give you user names.

I use QueryExpress to run very quick queries over my BESMgmt, so much faster than the Manager to keep a quick eye on whose BB hasn't connected recently.

This is the sql query itself:
Code:
select
Latitude,
Longitude,
UserConfigID,
DisplayName,
PIN
FROM SyncLBS JOIN UserConfig
ON SyncLBS.UserConfigID = UserConfig.Id
Output is a list of Latitude, Longitude, UserConfig IDs, Names and their PIN, least I am assuming that will give you the detail you require as I haven't done the actual upgrades yet I dont actually have any data returned.

Last edited by DavidAdams; 07-22-2008 at 07:53 AM..
Old 01-05-2009, 04:43 AM   #22
BobcatGuy

Model: STORM
Carrier: TELUS
Default LBS so fun....

I have finnaly got the LBS to work. Seemed as if BB maps gps functionality did not work when tracking was enabled, with some reboots of the phone and finagaling, it works. I found another post on how to create a log file, and it is logging, and GPS functionality works for BB maps.... This is where you dont change anything..

I would like to know what the RECORDTIMESTAMP is. Its seems to count down per location logged, where as the Server timestamp counts up. I have figured out the crude meathod to calculate the date and time ( Seconds passed since Jan 1, 1970, 12:00am. but i am wondering is this the time the server got the record? is the record time stamp the GPS time? Anyone know how to figure out what the actual time is of this time stamp? I have searched endlessly and to no avail. It seems that the number changes by 1000 for about every second on the server time stamp. Assuming 1000ms per second, but thru trial and error, this came up with nothing.

The number is a negative in the log, and gets closer to 0 as time goes on.... what is this final date? I'm not going to wait around, its a LONG number. Any ideas on this?

I would also like to be able to pull that data into excel, or into google earth, but with excell, I can connect to the sql server, but the BESmgmt database is not in the list of available databases, so I can't query that database. I use the Mysql Server that came with BES server.

Any help would be appreciated, as there is almost no documentation on this.

Thanks in advance...
Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #23
bgagnon

Model: 8130
Carrier: Bell, Rogers and Telus

Hi,

I am new to this but I find it very intersting that we can track on Google Map. What is the easyest way to achieve this? I use SQL 2005 for database, BES 4.1. sp 4 and OS 4.5

Many thanks,

Bruno
Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #24
TargetIT
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
Hi,

I am new to this but I find it very intersting that we can track on Google Map. What is the easyest way to achieve this? I use SQL 2005 for database, BES 4.1. sp 4 and OS 4.5

Many thanks,

Bruno
You can start here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...-policies.html

I still can't get it to work flawlessly (ie change the Policy, have it start sending back info and not stop).
Closed Thread