BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
ajogrady

Model: 7100V
Carrier: carrier
Default Multiple e-mail accounts

Please Login to Remove!

Does anybody know if it is possible to have 2 e-mail accounts going to the same Handheld.

We have a user, our Press Officer, who has his own personal e-mail account, but also accesses a generic "INFO@" e-mail account.

Is it possible to divert messages from both accounts to his handheld?

Thanks, in advance, I hope.

Alan O'Grady
Old 01-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
vwdewaal

Default Multiple accounts

Hi - I've just gone through the same scenario. I have more than one mail account on the same exchange server, and it is NOT possible to forward both!

This is a real problem. I'm trying to get it sorted, however the only way forward I can see at present is to have the one forward all messages to the other and when you reply, you would need to fill in the FROM field.

Anybody else got any ideas?

Cheers
George
Old 01-17-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
ajogrady

Model: 7100V
Carrier: carrier
Default Thanks, George.

Was beginning to think I was just stupid. Now I know that while I'm still stupid, it has nothing to do my current problem.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #4
dozment
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

I have a Cingular Blackberry, and use their web based email to catch all of my mail. Basically, I have three email addresses forwarded to my [email address] account. All messages come to my Blackberry. Nextel had something similar when I used them a few months ago.

What doesn't seem possible is to SEND email from your Blackberry and have it send from multiple addresses. For example, when I reply to a message the reply always seems to come from the same email address. ...regardless of which mail account I'm answering.

If you are using BES I think there is a work around. You can set it so that you when you start to reply you can elect to send the reply through either the web client or the desktop client. In that case, the web client can be set to reply with one address, and the desktop (Exchange) client can be set to reply to a different address.

Not the best solution, but I hope it helps.

Dan
Old 01-17-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
apbb2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Multiple e-mail accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajogrady
Does anybody know if it is possible to have 2 e-mail accounts going to the same Handheld.

We have a user, our Press Officer, who has his own personal e-mail account, but also accesses a generic "INFO@" e-mail account.

Is it possible to divert messages from both accounts to his handheld?

Thanks, in advance, I hope.

Alan O'Grady
You could have one account go through BES and the other through the carrier's BWC.

I have that currently and it works fine. Not ideal but fine.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:23 AM   #6
Lee

I do the same. My work email comes through the BES/Exchange and my personal email shows up through the webclient on the BB.

The PROBLEM is I have MULTIPLE aliases on my personal account. They all go through the same mail box but the limitation with the BB is I have to reply either from the Exchange(work) address or ONE webclient address.

Any decent email client written in the last 10 years has mulitple profiles so you can reply using different user names. Why in the world RIM hasn't added this very basic feature to a product who's strength is suppose to be its communications capability is beyond me.

Lee
Old 01-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #7
TheBerryGuru
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

You can have multiple email account going to the BlackBerry and you will be able to send from multiple account if you have a couple of BES servers. For each BES you can have another mail box forwarding. Just rename your service books in the Desktop Manager so that you keep it organized. There is a limit but Im not sure how many it is. I have been successful with 3 BES accounts and 1 BWC account all at the same time.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:29 PM   #8
Teejay3726
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerryGuru
You can have multiple email account going to the BlackBerry and you will be able to send from multiple account if you have a couple of BES servers. For each BES you can have another mail box forwarding. Just rename your service books in the Desktop Manager so that you keep it organized. There is a limit but Im not sure how many it is. I have been successful with 3 BES accounts and 1 BWC account all at the same time.

Can you tell me how you did this? Do you need to buy new BES licenses?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #9
Teejay3726
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay3726
Can you tell me how you did this? Do you need to buy new BES licenses?

From what I can tell, this is NOT possible. From everything I have read you CANNOT have more than one BES accounts pointed at one blackberry.
Closed Thread