Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 05:40 AM   #1
Penfold
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8707v
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default BlackBerry Wireless Sync not an available option

Please Login to Remove!

I am trying to setup the calendar wireless sync etc and have searched through the forum and tried various things without success. I have noticed a lot that the BlackBerry Wireless Sync option should be chosen for the Calendar in the PIM setup of the Desktop Manager. The problem is that I do not see this option. I see a list, i.e. Outlook, Lotus 4.6, Lotus 5.0/6.0 etc etc but not BlackBerry Wireless Sync

I am using Desktop Manager v4.0, Handheld OSv4.x & BES v2.2.5.5 for Lotus (v4 is not yet available on Vodaphone UK so I am waiting for this).

Any ideas as it is driving me nuts????
Old 02-11-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Penfold

any one.......someone somewhere must have had this problem
Old 02-11-2005, 10:06 AM   #3
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

On GW BES, the calendar portion is in the IT Policy. Try that maybe?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
Lowtrac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I had a similar problem with a user running an older version of the Desktop Manager. Upgraded him to 4.0 and the option was there.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:40 AM   #5
Penfold

Maybe I am being daft but I cannot see anywhere to setup IT Policy's on our BES. Is this only availabe in v4.0 as we are currently on v2.2.5.5

I am using Desktop v4.0 already but the option is not there??

another thing with the Calendar is that when a meeting is sent to the handheld there is no option to accept/decline it
Old 02-11-2005, 11:00 AM   #6
Penfold

Ok I just installed Desktop v3.6 and the option appeared apart from having a load of errors, so I am now going to start from scratch and install v3.6 first, then check, then upgrade to v4.0 and check again. I will post back my results

Starting from v4.0 didn't have the option
Old 02-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #7
Penfold

For Information in case someone else has the same problem.

I installed the following:
Desktop Manager v3.6 SP3a (Vodaphone)
OS4.0 for 7230 (Vodaphone)

Started Desktop Manager no problem but when I connected the Blackberry it resulted in an error popping up and it never connected properly with the program

I then installed Desktop Manager v4.0 (Blackberry Site Download) over the top.

Now everything works, I have the option for Blackberry Wireless Sync which I chose for the Calendar and now I am able to accept/decline meetings as well as invite people to new meetings/appointments which also wasn't an option before.

I am not sure why I was unable to do any of this when installing Desktop Manager v4.0 originally but I am just glad it is working now.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:41 AM   #8
markn455

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

We are having a problem with the Wireless Symc option missing on Contacts, Tasks, and Notes. The legacy capabilities (email & calendar wireless sync) work fine.

When we first upgraded to 4.0 the wireless sync option appeared and worked great for contacts, tasks, and notes (BB 7520). After a time, it quit working so I tried doing the OTA activation again. Had to sync with the desktop manager which got all the updates. However, now the wireless sync option is missing from the BB menus for contacts, tasks and notes.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 05-31-2005, 07:07 PM   #9
VR6
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

I get the Blackberry Wireless Sync option in Desktop Manager 4.0 but I can't get the accept/decline option to show up on my handheld! I keep turning it on and off (wireless/outlook) but nothing works...

Rogers 7280 -> 7100r -> 8310 -> 9000 -> 9800 -> 9900
Old 05-31-2005, 09:24 PM   #10
DarkWater
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Try deleting the Desktop [SYNC] Service book

It may result in the handheld running through an enterprise activation. But it will recreate the service book which could have been corrupted.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:23 PM   #11
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn455
We are having a problem with the Wireless Symc option missing on Contacts, Tasks, and Notes. The legacy capabilities (email & calendar wireless sync) work fine.

When we first upgraded to 4.0 the wireless sync option appeared and worked great for contacts, tasks, and notes (BB 7520). After a time, it quit working so I tried doing the OTA activation again. Had to sync with the desktop manager which got all the updates. However, now the wireless sync option is missing from the BB menus for contacts, tasks and notes.

Anyone else experience this?
Wireless Synchronization of the PIM (non-Calendar, non-Email) is done by the BES and not configured within Desktop Manager. If connected to a BES and wireless synchronization of those items are enabled, it will remove the check from those options within the PIM configuration (it should also warn you the first time you go into the PIM configuration about the wireless synchronization being enabled already). I have never personally seen Wireless Sync as an option for those items in BDM - only the Calendar.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:27 PM   #12
Bhealey

Model: 7510
Default Blackberry desktop 3.7

One more thing, The handheld is version 3.7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold
I am trying to setup the calendar wireless sync etc and have searched through the forum and tried various things without success. I have noticed a lot that the BlackBerry Wireless Sync option should be chosen for the Calendar in the PIM setup of the Desktop Manager. The problem is that I do not see this option. I see a list, i.e. Outlook, Lotus 4.6, Lotus 5.0/6.0 etc etc but not BlackBerry Wireless Sync

I am using Desktop Manager v4.0, Handheld OSv4.x & BES v2.2.5.5 for Lotus (v4 is not yet available on Vodaphone UK so I am waiting for this).

Any ideas as it is driving me nuts????
Old 12-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
cthiel

Model: 7130c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Wireless Synchronization of the PIM (non-Calendar, non-Email) is done by the BES and not configured within Desktop Manager. If connected to a BES and wireless synchronization of those items are enabled, it will remove the check from those options within the PIM configuration (it should also warn you the first time you go into the PIM configuration about the wireless synchronization being enabled already). I have never personally seen Wireless Sync as an option for those items in BDM - only the Calendar.
I am having similar problems. I upgraded from a 7230 to a 7130, and initially only the tasks and notes synchronized wirelessly (along with the legacy email and calendar) but not the contacts. In trying to fix the contacts problem, I've upgraded my desktop software to 4.1, had my BES administrator delete and re-add my account (twice), tried a completely new 7130, but to no avail. The problem is worse now because the tasks and notes don't sync wirelessly either. I did notice that the selection of "wireless synchronization" initially was in the Blackberry Options for the tasks and notes, but it is not there now. My IT guy spent about 2 hours on the phone with the BES administrator, and they don't appear to know how to make the contacts sync wirelessly (hence sending me the new Blackberry). The only lead I really have at this point is that the Enterprise Activation status is still saying "synchronizing service desktop". I'm thinking of deleting the desktop sync service book as someone mentioned earlier - perhaps to cause a restart of the enterprise activation.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:56 PM   #14
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthiel
...the Enterprise Activation status is still saying "synchronizing service desktop". I'm thinking of deleting the desktop sync service book as someone mentioned earlier - perhaps to cause a restart of the enterprise activation.
An incomplete activation could very wel be the problem. Sometimes activations don't complete. I've been told by our BES admin that corruptions in contact lists or other databases can cause it. Also, it's a good idea to clean out all the phone call logs on the device before replacing/upgrading it. This deletes the phone logs on the server thus speeding up the activation. When activations hang I have had good success in the past by cancelling the activation and having the BES admins setup an OTA password and activating again. It's always gone through for me on the second attempt.

Hope this was helpful.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #15
Duster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWater
Try deleting the Desktop [SYNC] Service book

It may result in the handheld running through an enterprise activation. But it will recreate the service book which could have been corrupted.

on my devices no desktop[sync] is not showing up. how can i get it back?

Last edited by Duster; 03-21-2007 at 10:44 AM..
Old 04-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #16
diadexan

Model: 8703e

Same problem....After we updated the dst for exchange and bes.
The calendar and mailbox are the only things that can sync. The option is missing on blackberry's for task, notes, address book. However on the server Wireless is checked for all items.

Anyone have any luck with this?
Old 04-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #17
bremere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8230
PIN: ky and the Brain
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

had the same problem with notes not syncing after DST. Had my admin wipe device and run a new EA, and viola!

hope this helps

-emb
Old 04-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #18
diadexan

Model: 8703e

Yeah I tried that with no luck.
thanks for the reply
Closed Thread