BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #81
chrapojr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone want to give the name of the CSR they used so we can ask directly? I've called 5 times and no luck - even with business discount on my plan
Old 01-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #82
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

well, heck. stupid site hasn't updated, still shows as leaving Indiana at 0912 yesterday. since it was going through Dallas, it may have been caught in some ugly weather, but if so, can't they just update every package they scanned onto that plane with a weather hold notification? i don't appreciate the CSR telling me to "give it until the end of the day" to deliver , when they're easily 3 scans behind it being on the dang truck, and with only 1 hour left of the day at that!

Last edited by penk; 01-28-2009 at 07:00 PM..
Old 01-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #83
sdpnoy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: Cushion
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well I orderd mine today on impulse. I ran across this thread and told myself, "Well let me try it." So I called spoke to a nice lady by the name of Sonya or Sonia and unfortunately I paid premium since I still had 12 months left on my current contract. She gave me a partial discount so it's better than nothing. I was also eligible to spread the payment out in the next 4 billing cycles. I asked for Express shipping and it will delivered on Feb. 2nd. Early personal Bday gift to me. Funny because the phone will be released on my actual Bday (11th).

Last edited by sdpnoy; 01-28-2009 at 07:29 PM..
Old 01-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #84
datboi305

PIN: 216e8182
Carrier: tmobile

i got mine today i just picked it up now im setting it up !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #85
MajSingh

PIN: 24b2b982
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapojr View Post
Anyone want to give the name of the CSR they used so we can ask directly? I've called 5 times and no luck - even with business discount on my plan
I was told once by a CSR rep that TMO has several call centers around the USA. when you call, your call is routed to the next available rep ANYWHERE, there is no telling where your calling is going as it is volume dependant. If you still want to know - I spoke to a rep named Randi in Arizona, she was very helpfully and pretty funny too!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #86
betabob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

I ordered one just now. No problems at all, and I am not attached to a corporate account.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #87
Bluffheights90814
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Great Southern California T-Mobile Deal !

I am in Long Beach, CA and called T-Mobile customer service this afternoon and said I wanted to upgrade to the 8900 and was told, no problem! Completed the entire transaction in less than 15 minutes with the usual excellent T-Mobile customer service!

I got what I think was a great deal as well! 1 year renewal contract, $349 with $100 rebate for a total of $249 and payments spread over 4 months!

I took the free shipping and my 8900 should be here in about a week!

Could not believe that T-Mobile had such a great 1 year renewal price on such a hotly requested phone!

Kept my old unlimited data plan of $39.95 as well with 1000 unlimited minutes for an additional $29.95.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #88
bbc8900TDE

PIN: N/A

went to the tmobile store about 2 hours ago and returned my g1 and the people at the store helped me to order the phone

took no more then 10 minutes

i got express shipping so it should be here by the 2nd or the 3rd (my bday!)

im really excited to get my hands on this phone
Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #89
zts

Carrier: TMO
Default Line termination threat

So i called this evening to upgrade. The initial guy told me it normally ran $479, but with the upgrade it would be $429 (im 11 months into a 2yr). I asked him what the line termination fee was. He said $200. I asked about the porting process and said that it would cost me the same to cancel my line and sign up with at&t for the Bold. He immediately transferred me to the "customer loyalty dept". The girl there said that if i wait till it comes out on feb 11th, that i would be able to get it for $199 with no rebate. She said that i'd have to ask for the "customer loyalty dept" in order to get that price. I'm gonna wait and see. If i dont get the deal, I'm out. Been with tmo for 8 years, figure i deserve some sort of deal. We'll see...
Old 01-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #90
bbc8900TDE

wait one question... kind of a noob question but w/e

so how do you guys check the order status of your phones? i didnt get a tracking number or anything for my order....
Old 01-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #91
MajSingh

WOOHOO!!!! My package just showed up on UPS.com and it is scheduled to be delivered TOMORROW (next day delivery)!!! Tomorrow will be a LOOOONNNGGG day at work..waiting for the time to pass to get home for my gift to myself

Last edited by MajSingh; 01-28-2009 at 10:49 PM..
Old 01-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #92
toastee

Model: Curve
Carrier: Cingular the Old ATT

I ordered mine a few hours ago.

At first I went through retentions and they would not budge. I even threatened to cancel my service! Ive been with tmobile since 2002. I still have the 39.99 1000 minute plan and hadn't upgraded in a few years. After complaining how business customers get preference, I just said I would cancel at the end of my billing period.

I then called back and went through upgrades and they were able to upgrade me right away! At first I was skeptical because I thought they got the blackberries mixed up but after asking a few times, it was the 8900. I picked the one year upgrade price of $499-$150 (instant) and -$100(rebate) So it came out to $249 spread over 4 months. I also did the express shipping so it should be delivered to me no later than monday.

Wish everyone else luck on getting theirs.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #93
MajSingh

I am at work and just noticed on UPS' website my phone is currently out for delivery now. Does TMO/UPS require a signature for the delivery? I am just wondering as I am not home to sign for it. I wonder if I have to leave work and camp out at home to receive it from the driver.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:31 AM   #94
14pups

Carrier: T-mobile

I have not signed for any of my UPS-delivered BBs in the past.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #95
datboi305

PIN: 216e8182
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajSingh View Post
I am at work and just noticed on UPS' website my phone is currently out for delivery now. Does TMO/UPS require a signature for the delivery? I am just wondering as I am not home to sign for it. I wonder if I have to leave work and camp out at home to receive it from the driver.

i had to sign but i wasnt home i got the a little notice saying we missed you and i called the number and arranged for a pick up last night
Old 01-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #96
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc8900TDE View Post
so how do you guys check the order status of your phones? i didnt get a tracking number or anything for my order....
Go to UPS at UPS: Tracking Information (this is the track by reference page). In the shipping reference box, enter the phone number using the dashes (i.e., 111-111-1111).

Quote:
Signature not required by TMO. Mine are just left on the door step. I have heard that in some areas they do not do this and require the signature. The answer probably depends on where you live -- do you usually have to sign for other UPS packages or do they just leave them?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 AM   #97
jcmtyler

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrolldf
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc8900TDE View Post
Go to UPS at UPS: Tracking Information (this is the track by reference page). In the shipping reference box, enter the phone number using the dashes (i.e., 111-111-1111).

Quote:
Signature not required by TMO. Mine are just left on the door step. I have heard that in some areas they do not do this and require the signature. The answer probably depends on where you live -- do you usually have to sign for other UPS packages or do they just leave them?
My tracking info says "Signature required", and it looks like it may go out for delivery today so we'll see what happens. Just in case I left a note on my door asking the driver to leave the package with my neighbor.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 AM   #98
Nels

Model: 9780

Does the mail in rebate have a date limitation (e.g., purchase February 11, 2009 - June 30, 2009) or something like that? When I bought my original curve the Friday before it was supposed to be available T-Mobile would not honor the rebate.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #99
AllenA

Model: None
Carrier: T Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts View Post
So i called this evening to upgrade. The initial guy told me it normally ran $479, but with the upgrade it would be $429 (im 11 months into a 2yr). I asked him what the line termination fee was. He said $200. I asked about the porting process and said that it would cost me the same to cancel my line and sign up with at&t for the Bold. He immediately transferred me to the "customer loyalty dept". The girl there said that if i wait till it comes out on feb 11th, that i would be able to get it for $199 with no rebate. She said that i'd have to ask for the "customer loyalty dept" in order to get that price. I'm gonna wait and see. If i dont get the deal, I'm out. Been with tmo for 8 years, figure i deserve some sort of deal. We'll see...
I had called and got told the same basic thing that if I wait until the 11th I can get the full discount despite not being at my 22 month mark on my current phone. I was curious so about 2 hours I called back and again tried to place an order on the phone and they told me that there is a note on my account that I can't order the 8900 until Feb. 11, but at which point I will recieve a full discount on the phone.

So on the downside I've got to wait another 2 weeks, however I'm just happy that I'm not waiting until May to get this phone, so no complaints. It was nice calling back and getting some kind of confirmation that there was actually a note on my account, so at least I know I can get this phone on the 11th!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #100
341EastOf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts View Post
I am going to try basically the same approach as you. I have been with T-Mobile for over 7 years and would like at least a little consideration.

However, I am eligible for a full upgrade/discount now, but I am still trying to be patient and wait until Feb 11th since I may have a bit more bargaining power.

I will be upgrading two devices on my plan, so any price point under the $199 per unit would be pretty cool, but I don't count on that happening.
Closed Thread