BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #1
bradhall

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Help! Crashed My 8700g (pulled USB out during update)

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I downloaded the latest update from t-mobile for my 8700g. I got tired of sitting there so I went to get up and accidently pulled the USB out right after the wiping out part of the update. I do have a backup but the phone no longer is recognized by my BB desktop and will not turn on.
So far I have only got the answer to "send it back to factory - cost $200 ) Is there not a way to do like a pc and just reload or ANYTHING but spend a bunch of money?

thanks anyone that can help!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

You might want to try to wipe the device and see if that helps. You will lose everything on it if you do that, but it will save you the money if that is what you are concerned about. go into options -> security options -> general settings -> click the trackwheel and select wipe handheld, then type in blackberry
Old 08-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
Perfect Storm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

Well since the device doesn't turn on, that doesn't seem a very practical solution.
Search for an app called jl_cmdr which can be used to wipe the device (directions can also be found through search). Wipe it, then open desktop manager. Odds are it still won't detect the device; that's okay. Open the app loader and click next. You should see your device listed in the connection list and should be able to restart the software loading process.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #4
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
Well since the device doesn't turn on, that doesn't seem a very practical solution.
Search for an app called jl_cmdr which can be used to wipe the device (directions can also be found through search). Wipe it, then open desktop manager. Odds are it still won't detect the device; that's okay. Open the app loader and click next. You should see your device listed in the connection list and should be able to restart the software loading process.
Good point, I seemed to have over looked the part where he mentioned it would not power on.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #5
tratan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

The same thing happened to me. What I did was plug in the usb to the blackberry again, opened the desktop manager, opened application loader, checked the applications you need and hit next. Everything will reinstall again. If you backed up everything from the last time you can get all your stuff back as well.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #6
Figment
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tratan View Post
The same thing happened to me. What I did was plug in the usb to the blackberry again, opened the desktop manager, opened application loader, checked the applications you need and hit next. Everything will reinstall again. If you backed up everything from the last time you can get all your stuff back as well.
I can second that.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
bradhall

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Default jl_cmdr WORKED! Great! but where is my web browser?

Thanks!

The jl_cmdr program worked. But I have restored it now and everything is there except my web browser and yahoo messenger? It appears anything to do with online services is missing.

Can anyone help me with this?

thanks again!
Brad
Old 08-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
tratan

Model: 8320

Call T-mobile and ask them for the blackberry dept. Tell them what happened and they will send you the service books again. thats what I did.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
josh816816

Model: 9700

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Go to options/advanced/host routing, click and select register. This should resend what you need.
Closed Thread