BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
esame

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile
Question To protect or not?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys, I am a newbie here and I just got a brand new BlackBerry 8707g. It cost me a bundle but it's worth every penny. I previously owned the 8700g and I can say that BlackBerry has really outdone themselves again. The color display is really top notch, I am worried that I might scratch the screen, so I'm thinking of buying a high quality screen protector. Any recommendations?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Best Skin Ever rocks! Have then on all my devices and usually won't use a new device until this is on it... Can't beat it for 6 bucks!
Old 03-10-2007, 04:38 AM   #3
esame

Anyone ever heard about Expert Shield screen protectors? I've found their website on the internet and browse through it. They carry quite a lot of screen protectors even some for GPS device. I have decided to try their product out and ordered one for my BlackBerry 8707g. I have also ordered one from Best Skin Ever for my sister's Motorola Q as well to have a comparison. Will keep post about the comparison. Cheers.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:38 AM   #4
esame

Anyone ever heard about Expert Shield screen protectors? I've found their website on the internet and browse through it. They carry quite a lot of screen protectors even some for GPS device. I have decided to try their product out and ordered one for my BlackBerry 8707g. I have also ordered one from Best Skin Ever for my sister's Motorola Q as well to have a comparison. Will keep post about the comparison. Cheers.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
isdereks

I'm a huge fan of the Shieldzone Invisishields. I have them on my BB screens and they're great. Nice cut that lines up just right, and colors or brightness are not distorted by the film.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
Chinasaur
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z30
Carrier: T-Mobile

I recommend ScreenPatronus - ScreenPatronus, Screen protector - the difference is amazing.

Go here to read:

Review forum - http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-reviews/

Hardware forum - http://www.blackberryforums.com/hardware-accessories/

To read up and inform yourself on what people use and think of these products.

But get something on there soon

Luck
Old 03-14-2007, 12:42 AM   #7
LadybugMT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Tmobile

esame, I had the same question. I have had my pearl not quite a week yet and I am debting on weather I should get a case or not. I'm usually not the type to but a case on my cell but my pearl is percious and i want to keep it looking nice. I was thinking about getting the Kerusell leather case or a skin. I was thinking the skin cause it so think and hardly noticeable.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:44 AM   #8
fizz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdereks
I'm a huge fan of the Shieldzone Invisishields. I have them on my BB screens and they're great. Nice cut that lines up just right, and colors or brightness are not distorted by the film.
Me too, sticks and fits like a charm.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:33 AM   #9
esame

Ooopppsss...sorry for the double message, I think I clicked twice on the post reply button. Does anybody know how to delete one off? I've tried but all I can do is edit it.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 AM   #10
esame

Hi there again, sorry for the misinformation as the best skin ever is a coverall so there is no point doing comparison with a screen protector, however, I order Expert Shield and Exim's screen protector. I have applied both Expert Shield's screen protector to my BB 8707g and Exim's to my sister's Motorola Q. Here is what I come up with

Expert Shield

PROS
1) Scratch resistant, very durable
2) Washable and reusable with tap water
3) High transparency and surface is smooth
4) Package comes with microfibre cleaning cloth and sticky tape
5) Almost no screen glare
6) Perfect fit

CONS
1) A tad confuse at the installation instruction

Exim

PROS
1) Scratch resistant, very durable
2) Silicone based adhesive leaves no residue
3) High transparency

CONS
1) Confusing installation instruction
2) Feels like writing on a small piece of paper

Conclusion
Both Expert Shield and Exim certainly risen to the occasion. After applying both protector and using it I found that both of them have no difference in terms of durability, visibility and usability, Expert Shield's screen protector has a slight edge over Exim's though because of the screen's glare and it comes bundle with sticky tape to remove the screen protector if needs be and a microfibre cleaning cloth. I like the fit of Expert Shield's screen protector on my BB 8707g better than Exim's on my sister's Motorola Q. Although I was a bit confused at first when putting Expert Shield's screen protector but it becomes quite obvious and easy once you understand the instructions, for Exim, my sister and I almost gave up trying to put it on at one time but after many trial and errors, we finally got it on. Lastly, neither my sister nor I like the idea or feeling of writing on a piece of paper, it just doesn't feel right.

That's all for now. Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #11
esame

Hey there!! I have recently come across a site call expertshield.com.sg, i think it's expert shield's sister website. It has a video showing how to properly put on a screen protector, I think this is particularly useful for someone who's putting on a screen protector for the first time. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #12
bmacaluso
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I bought a screen protector from shieldzone for my 7130e. It fit perfectly, is easy to see through, tough as nails and doesn't accidently come off. I would use them again, their product is as advertised. It was either 8 or 11 bucks, can't remember.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:12 AM   #13
esame

Thanks, bmacaluso, I have another option for screen protectors now. Will try that one out if I'm shopping for screen protector for my next gadget. I might even do another comparison between the screen protectors that I have used before.