akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitregev View Post
Hi Akosnitzky

Since we are providing users with the ability to download the new Calendar Pro public beta as a free download our main goal at this stage is to try and gather as much feedback as possible from users and therefore we require the registration phase - which hopefully will be a fair incentive to get users to post back with more comments about the new application experience

In terms of traffic, the discussion on our forums is limited only to our applications so I honestly don't think we are offering a similar discussion on both sites in any way that can offer any replacement for users. Since many of the users who download the new Calendar Pro from our web-site are arriving from different articles and not only from discussion forums such as the one here, we want to offer some area that those users will be able to post with their input too and therefore we try to gather the majority of the input about the current first build, along with upcoming builds that are already in the works, within the Calendar Pro for BlackBerry forum.

I hope that this make some sense, or at least gives some indication why the short registration is required before we offer Calendar Pro for download.

Of course that the same registration details will work just fine for the upcoming public beta builds too, so once the upcoming builds will be posted (probably within the next two or three days now), you should have no problem downloading it with the same registration from our web-site easily too.

Cheers
Understood. I suppose.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #22
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

I downloaded the program. It seems that it is has a way to go. I have since uninstalled it

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #23
avishay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

Hi akosnitzky,

Are there any specific comments you would like to share with us so we'll know how to improve Calendar Pro?

Thank you for your support.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #24
dogth99

Model: 8700g
Carrier: BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishay View Post
Hi dogth99,

Can you describe the failure for me?

You can either ask me or post about it on the forums. Either way, we're here to help
Failure is : javalang.null.exeption. Help me. BB8800 OS 4.2.1.108
Old 02-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #25
Ulukia
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: WYSIWYG
Carrier: T-Mobile
As I mentioned before, is it possible to have an OTA download?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #26
avishay

Hi Ulukia,

Sorry for responding only now

We have been really busy working on a new beta version for Calendar Pro, so I only had the time to reply now

Regarding an OTA version - due to a technical problem, it's still not possible providing you with an OTA version, but I assure you that within the next versions this will be enabled as well.

If there's anything else you need please don't hesitate letting me know

Have a great day!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #27
avishay

Thumbs up SBSH Calendar Pro new version released!

Hi Everyone!

Following the first public beta version release of Calendar Pro about a week ago we are excited to release today a new public beta version for Calendar Pro, version 0.91!

Following the successful release of the first public beta version we've moved forward in full speed and implemented with this new public beta version many of the features that were raised by our users here on the forums along with many bug fixes that were reported during the past week.

Similar to the first public beta version release from the previous week, this new public beta version is also available as free download to all users - you will find the download links for the new version towards the bottom of my post here

For those of you who still didn't had a chance to check the first version release of Calendar Pro we invite you to click here to read the first public beta version release post to get more familiar with Calendar Pro.

What's new in Calendar Pro 0.91?

1. New Options Interface

Following many requests to have different some configuration control with Calendar Pro this new version incorporate a first settings interface that allow initial different configuration options. Among the new options available you will find the ability to configure your working-hours (that effects the different timelines display), first working day of the week, new task default due time and several additional new options already included!

2. Working hours configuration

As part of the new options interface you can now configure your day working hours. This new configuration will then effect your timeline display to provide more precise zoomed timeline display for specific hours of the day based on your working hours configuration. In the sample screen capture here below you can see that the daily timeline on the Daily view presents only specific hours of the day that were configured as the working hours of the day :cool:

3. Improved item creation dialog and logic

When creating a new appointment using the new version modifying the start-time of your new appointment will now automatically shift the end time to maintain the same duration for the new appointment. To change the duration of the application the end time field should be modified. Using this improved logic you will find that defining and creating new appointment is a much faster process than with the previous version who didn't include this improved logic.

Many navigation problems within the new item creation dialog were also implemented for much better design and navigation overall.

Downloading Calendar Pro for BlackBerry 0.91

Calendar Pro can be downloaded for free for all of our forum registered members. Users who are not registered to our forums can register our forums for free by clicking here. Registering our forums should take a few moments.

We request users to register our forums in order to download Calendar Pro with the hope that this will be a good incentive or users to post back at our forums after trying Calendar Pro and give us their feedback on the first public beta, what features would they like to see and together help us push the development in the best direct possible while we will continue to introduce new public beta versions in upcoming weeks. Since our users feedback is very important to us we hope that users who will register our forums will be posting back with their experience this way Your feedback is highly important to us as part of the development process.

Click here to go to the Calendar Pro download page and download the latest version

* When upgrading from the previous version we recommend to uninstall the previous version before installing this new update.

You can get more detailed information about the new version including a detailed list of lots of improvements and fixes that were implemented with this new release on our forums at the following URL:
Calendar Pro 0.91 public beta released!! - SBSH Mobile Software Forums

We welcome you to download this new version and we appreciate your support!

Cheers
Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #28
avishay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogth99 View Post
Failure is : javalang.null.exeption. Help me. BB8800 OS 4.2.1.108
Hi dogth99,

I believe this will be solved by downloading the new version that was released today.

If not, please let me know and I'll be sure to assist you.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #29
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Have a question / feature request, wondering if it already has or could support .ICS attachments to emails? I am on an exchange server and get alot of calendar requests from Lotus Notes / Domino users that come across as an .ICS file.

This is a pretty simple file format, but currently the BB cannot read or open these files. Would be awesome if this app could help overcome that problem.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #30
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

In weekly view, when I click on the box, I do not see what the event is. Some hourly events, as well as, all day events are not showing

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #31
amitregev

Model: Storm
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
Have a question / feature request, wondering if it already has or could support .ICS attachments to emails? I am on an exchange server and get alot of calendar requests from Lotus Notes / Domino users that come across as an .ICS file.

This is a pretty simple file format, but currently the BB cannot read or open these files. Would be awesome if this app could help overcome that problem.
Hi HaTaX

I'm less familiar with this file format and the way that Lotus Notes are working. How are you receiving the calendar invitations via Lotus Notes today? How would you imagine something like this implemented with Calendar Pro?

Any additional details that you can give me on this will help us see if this is something that we can possibly develop as part of the upcoming update. I'm not sure if this is something that we will be able to include with upcoming public beta versions or during the initial development stages, but we will be glad to consider an addition like this for the long development of the application and as we continue working on new updates for Calendar Pro future versions
Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #32
amitregev

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
In weekly view, when I click on the box, I do not see what the event is. Some hourly events, as well as, all day events are not showing
Thanks for the notice about the problem when clicking an item on the Weekly view - we will work on a solution for this. We also plan to add a preview pane at the bottom of the screen design, so when events will be highlighted more details about the highlighted event will be displayed at the bottom of the view - hence providing you with more information what is the currently highlighted event much more easily this way.

As for the events missing - can you give me a bit more information about specific events that you are missing? :/ Are you able to notice some specific characteristics about events that are not showing? Something that might help us locate what might be the reason that some events are missing

If you can post a few screenshots showing a sample of an item missing this will probably also be great help with this!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #33
Michael.Bauer.127

Model: 8310
PIN: Options->Status

I will say that this Calender looked very nice and had some nice features. But I for one will never use it simply because I rely on having my current appointments right on my homescreen via the Today+ themes. Honestly that is the only reason I don't use it though.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #34
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the notice about the problem when clicking an item on the Weekly view - we will work on a solution for this. We also plan to add a preview pane at the bottom of the screen design, so when events will be highlighted more details about the highlighted event will be displayed at the bottom of the view - hence providing you with more information what is the currently highlighted event much more easily this way.

As for the events missing - can you give me a bit more information about specific events that you are missing? :/ Are you able to notice some specific characteristics about events that are not showing? Something that might help us locate what might be the reason that some events are missing

If you can post a few screenshots showing a sample of an item missing this will probably also be great help with this!
Take a look at events that involved invites generated from the BB to work with Outlook, as well as, all day events

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #35
mdlissner

Model: 8800

Also - please look at how you handle time zones in this program. I installed the latest version on Sunday, but had to remove it after I played with it for a short period due to what I describe below.

- All of my tasks are set up to be due at 8:00 AM
- I am in the US East Time Zone
- My BES is on US Pacific Time Zone
- Tasks show as 3:00 AM in your program when I open the dialog for them.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 03-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #36
avishay

Hi all!

Thanks for providing us with your reports. I've forwarded your comments to our moderators team so they'll be looking into this. We will work hard to improve the issues you mentioned for upcoming public beta updates too.

Please let us know of anything else you have in mind you want to share with us.

Thank you for your support!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #37
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

When is the next update?

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 AM   #38
avishay

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
When is the next update?
Hi akosnitzky

Hope within the next week..

We have many new features we would like to present in this new release and we are doing our best so it will be soon
Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #39
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

thank you

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #40
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Quote:
Hi HaTaX
I'm less familiar with this file format and the way that Lotus Notes are working. How are you receiving the calendar invitations via Lotus Notes today? How would you imagine something like this implemented with Calendar Pro?

Any additional details that you can give me on this will help us see if this is something that we can possibly develop as part of the upcoming update. I'm not sure if this is something that we will be able to include with upcoming public beta versions or during the initial development stages, but we will be glad to consider an addition like this for the long development of the application and as we continue working on new updates for Calendar Pro future versions
Here's some information on the file format itself:
iCalendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I currently get email attachments with the ICS files, but cannot open them on my Blackberry, I have to open them and add them to my calendar in Outlook. It stinks because it's just how Lotus formats the MIME section of the email when it sends it. Exchange doesn't read it correctly and instead of looking like a calendar item, it comes up as an email with an ICS attachment.

That wiki article should give you enough info to see how one is formatted, but I would be happy to send you sample files.
Closed Thread