Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
hurdler

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default trouble creating account with BIS

Please Login to Remove!

I have just swapped from an Orange sim to an O2 sim in my BB and seem to have everything working ok except for being able to create an account with BIS which I need to do to be able to control when I want my email push active or not. I had an account before which I created through Orange(now closed) but even though I have had a message from Blackberry saying my device has been registered (with the O2 sim) it keeps telling me it is not registered and that I need to register and create an account on my BB. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong ?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: trouble creating account with BIS

Can you verify that you have a BB data plan.

Make sure the previous carrier actually closed your old BIS account. I have read here that it can take as much as 30 days for the new account to be set up.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
hurdler

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes I have verified that the data plan is ok and that my old provider has closed my account with BIS. My email and bbm is working fine but just annoying that I can't create a new account. I did contact my new carrier and the only thing they have said is that it can take up to 24 hours for the registration to take effect so to try again tomorrow. Hopefully it will work then. I need to be able to turn off my push email when I am abroad so really need an account to be able to do that. I know that I can turn data off when roaming but that also means I wouldn't be able to use bbm, which I need.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Ok. So BIS is on your new account and is activated on the BlackBerry, you just can't add an email address (or another email address).....Is that the issue?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
hurdler

No thats not the problem. I can add email addresses but cannot create an account online with BIS so that I can use the filter and edit facilities. My Blackberry is obviously registered ok as I am sending and receiving emails already. I can't figure it out because I have had the message that my device is registered with them but when I try to create the online account it says not registered. If I haven't solved it by tomorrow I will give my provider a call and see what the problem is.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

From what you are saying, you don't have to create a BIS account. You already have it. I'm not sure how to describe what I'm thinking, but I would look for a way to create a login on the carrier's website, and once you've done that, you will probably see the BIS link, and from there your device may already be shown as the device associated with the BIS account. And then from there add/remove/edit email account settings. That is what I would expect to find if I were in your place. Hope that makes sense.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread