BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #21
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

The problem with touch screens is not touch screens themselves, but the OS that uses the touch screen. Win Mobile and Palm OS are horrible OSs for touch screen use without a stylus. The iphone is a different animal. It was designed to be used with your fingers. Since the iphone is pretty new I assume most here who are putting their nose up to touch screens are thinking about the horrible Win Mobile experience or the aging Palm.
A BB with a touch screen optimized to use your fingers and some sort of hardware keyboard would be great.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 01-01-2008 at 12:07 PM..
Old 01-02-2008, 05:46 AM   #22
John Gabrikh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Default BlackBerry Touch Screen

BlackBerry with touch Screen sound interesting, But few things that are running in mind is:

1. BlackBerry always have wide keypad lots for key that make easy to write text. How it will work on touchscreen? with Stylus Naaa then what will be the fun??
2. BlackBerry Sc roller for navigation seems always attracting while using BB. How Menu navigation will work with touch screen Guessing

But still interested to watch BB with touch screen though i m not impressed with apple !!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:39 AM   #23
BBHorrigan
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

I think that touchscreens are the way the Market is going, so i'm not surprised that RIM is going to try to make a device to compete in the market.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #24
The Jerk

Model: 8130
PIN: 3181b1fe
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thats why I didn't switch to at&t and buy a freakin iphone........I hate the whole way it works,I like being able to touch my keys when I text.And blackberry has been able strive for years without changing much.......or changing slowly.To conform to the iphone touch screen just to appeal to more people is lame,it will have no place in the business world.....but I guess boosting sales is always good right?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:42 AM   #25
evaporateddwarf

Model: none
Carrier: Sprint

What's wrong with them making a touch-screen phone? It's not like they're discontinuing their normal line of bb keyboard phones. Why should they constrain themselves to that market, instead of making great bb phones like they always have, and then adding on a newer, more pop-culture friendly phone?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #26
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaporateddwarf View Post
What's wrong with them making a touch-screen phone? It's not like they're discontinuing their normal line of bb keyboard phones. Why should they constrain themselves to that market, instead of making great bb phones like they always have, and then adding on a newer, more pop-culture friendly phone?
Some here would be happy if the BB never changed. Just do a search on thumb-wheel vs trackball. Or the decision to include a camera and you'll see what I mean. While I don't need all the bells and whistles of the iphone, I would really love to have its browser on my BB. Not to mention that BB apps and screens seem to have a DOS feel to them, while other mobile OSs seem more modern. A major makeover is overdue. They do work really well and I guess that is why I stay with BB.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #27
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

i've used touchscreen phone (iPhone, iPod touch) and they're great for selecting stuff, spinning through your coverflow music library, scrolling down emails/lists. What they suck at is typing. You can do it but it's definitely slower than BB buttons and I make more mistakes. So if you're a scroller they're nice if you're a typer they're not so great. Just my .02.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #28
Tyen01

Model: 7100
Carrier: att

I'd kill for a Blackberry touchscreen with a slide out keyboard.

For example, the verizon voyager. Pure touchscreen on top, but it opens up to a full qwerty keyboard. That way if I'm on the go or just doing a few quick things I use the touchscreen, but if I want to type like a demon I open it up to Mr. Qwerty.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #29
RobM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
PIN: 240721B8
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Like I said before...give me the new os first before you start going down some new road with a new beast
Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #30
coolkarim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 250ff349
Carrier: vodafone
Default patent drawing

New RIM Patent Points Toward Touchscreen BlackBerry Slider | The Boy Genius Report

In the desert Water=Time, Fuel=Distance

www.desertbiking.co.uk
Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 AM   #31
rhumandro

Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mo

For me, the biggest issue is tactile response when it comes to touch screen. I like to KNOW for a fact that i've hit the key.

I haven't tried the LG viewty, but supposedly the tactile response is great.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #32
jose_416

Model: 8130
PIN: ask for it
Carrier: TELUS

i wonder how long does touchscreen sensor really last for.. and i also wonder when is BB going to add MORE MEMORY... like geeeeeeeez like move to the gigs and leave the mb... and battery issue wow.. oh and lets not forget the ringers they are so low.. like wow....
Old 03-26-2008, 12:52 AM   #33
StarKnight83
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile

I like the look of that slider BB bit. If they used a capacitive screen I would replace my 8100 in about as much time as I could locate one. IMO some screen are easier to use if they we're touch capable say like the home screen and I can think of a few apps that it would be nice. To me its the best of both worlds you keep your full keyboard yet can interact with stuff on the screen just by touching it which can be quicker
Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 AM   #34
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Another of my problems, besides all of those that have already been mentions by others, is fingerprints on the screen! Boy that drives me crazy when the screen is dirty, and if I had to touch it all day I can't imagine what I would do. Typew and e-mail, wipe off, make a call, wipe off, between web pages, wipe off...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:19 AM   #35
zkyevolved
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone

honestly, my screen on my BB gets dirty, too. I wipe it off everytime i pull it out of my pocket. Maybe it has a little bit of dust, or maybe a piece of lint, or maybe from my last call. I'm wiping it off if there's just one tiny spec on the screen! I love a clean screen Thanks InvisibleShield <<winks and points to the camera... and freeze frame>>
Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #36
canesfins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: BTC

The slider touchscreen would be unreal and I would get one right away. BB is falling behind quickly in technology and needs to give us something good.
Closed Thread