Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
JLlama

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Need help getting my contacts

Please Login to Remove!

I recently had a LG Decoy with Verizon service, and it went through the wash and died. Fortunately I had automatic backup, so my contacts are all accessible via the web.

Today I bought an 8530 Blackberry Curve, and I'm trying to get my contacts onto that phone.

The man at the Verizon store told me I need to export my contacts and then save them to outlook. I don't use outlook but have it installed. I clicked on the "export to CSV" link on the verizon backup page, and I got the contacts in an excel document. I set up outlook (although it failed in linking up to my yahoo e-mail account, but I don't think this matters.)

Now, I don't know how to (a) get the contact list onto outlook from either the excel doc or the website directly, and (b) get the contacts onto the blackberry from either outlook (having completed (a)), or from the excel document or the website.

Any help? Should I be posting this on a Verizon forum? I'm not sure.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

You might need to try an Outlook or Microsoft forum for the Outlook assistance, but I know Outlook will import CSV files and XLS files. I don't have Outlook in front of me just now, but look at File > import.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
kas9sp

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange

Ensure that your conatcts are saved within Excel in a CSV file format.To import your contacts into Outlook, select File, Import/Export and then select Import from another File. Then just folllow the promtps to import your contacts.

Once you've imported, you'll need to use BB Desktop Manager to import your contacts onto your phone.
Closed Thread