BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
MarcinM
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: PRIV
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Thumbs down 1) SD card issues(32GB). 2) Wi-Fi issues.

Please Login to Remove!

1) I have went through this and crackberry forums searching for help and it seems there is no thread describing my SD-card issue.

I have recently bought 32GB SD card(Kingston) because I was running out of free space.

When you insert first time SD card into your PRIV you have to format the card to make use of it. After formatting & all PRIV adjustments I started migrating bigger apps to the card just to free some space from the internal storage. All was good until my Wi-Fi couldn't connect* so I have decided to restart the phone.

After restart I have noticed that all apps that are on the SD card are grey/white icon colour in the main screen, like they were still "loading". The problem is that they never load, or only some of them is loading correctly when 90% of SD card apps simply disappear from the main screen(even the whole homescreen-folders made out of them are gone). All apps are still on the phone but I have to drag them out again and make folders on the main screen, after each phone restart.

From the research I have made it seems this is not a common issue but people have all kind of problems on PRIV when using SD cards.

Anybody had similar issue? Is there a way to fix it or should I be annoyed after each phone restart?

2) Wi-Fi issues*.
From time to time my PRIV can't connect to the Wi-Fi, kinda. The issue is occurring randomly, when I try to connect to the saved/known Wi-Fi, phone Wi-Fi goes through 3 stages(looped) that are shown below the Wi-Fi name that I am trying to connect to:

1- Connecting (to previously saved/known Wi-Fi).
2- Saved (from "connecting" Wi-Fi status it changes to "saved" and stays like that for about 15-30sec until phone try to connect again or until I click manually on the Wi-Fi and press "connect").
3- Then Wi-Fi slider - the one you touch to turn ON/OFF Wi-Fi - goes by itself OFF then back ON again making a loop going back to point 1-

I can't connect to the Wi-Fi until I restart the phone again, usually more than one time before it works.

I had the same issue on my work Wi-Fi, home Wi-Fi and at friends house so it must be phone issue. I have tried to change Wi-Fi band from both 5GHz & 2.4GHz to only 2.4GHz without any improvement, issue still occurs. Crackberry people have described this issue but no solution for it, so this one is more common than my 1st issue described at the top.

Help please.

Last edited by MarcinM; 10-13-2016 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 10-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: 1) SD card issues(32GB). 2) Wi-Fi issues.

Ok so my original WIFI info stands
the Apps on an SD card wont load with original OS version. The version that is supposed to allow Apps to load is Marshmallow android version.
The bigger question is with blackberry so far ignoring the phones of all types and not upgrading software will it work on any version they offer.
As with LINK and Microsoft windows 10, they are so far ignoring the fact it wont work with most people and stating it is not supported with Microsoft 10. this causes people to have no options for sync on contacts or other sync needs.

good luck
Old 10-14-2016, 05:31 AM   #3
MarcinM

"Ok so my original WIFI info stands " - You mean its wi-fi interference that is causing it? I'd doubt that because by restarting phone I am not changing my router wi-fi channel. But yes, there is more than enough wi-fi around me at all times... I wonder what happened with the last year students who invented how to extract energy from wi-fi. It was loud about it and now its quiet hmmm today wi-fi signals are global and that would mean infinite phone battery if combined with their invention :/ (and infinite other wi-fi connected electronics battery life too).

"the Apps on an SD card wont load with original OS version. The version that is supposed to allow Apps to load is Marshmallow android version. "
I am using newest updated Marshmallow version (I think its 4th update since PRIV release). Apps on SD card sometimes load sometimes do not.

I keep all my phone software updated due to fear of being hacked and such because I have my bank details saved on the phone plus other personal information.

Thanks for trying to help, have a good wknd!

Last edited by MarcinM; 10-14-2016 at 05:32 AM..
Old 10-14-2016, 11:19 AM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

On the updates I suspect Blackberry is not fully dealing with some of the issues reported. Regardless of the corporate statements I think they are slowly moving away from the handhelds and associated support. big mistake.

I also had issues with interference and changing the router channel is no big deal. try downloading a free wifi channel sniffer app on your pc and you may find it would be best to change the channel your using. 1,6 and 11 are the most used and may be causing your issues. Changing the channel is easy and wont cause you any problems. you can try different channels to see which is best for you. I recently switched to channel 3 to avoid a neighbor who just added a sub router on my first selection.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
MarcinM

Hehe I can go directly to my router(via web browser)setting and play with the channels, it is no challenge for me and I don't need any external apps/software to do it :]

It doesn't look like its router channel issue but the phone(software) itself. Couple of phone restarts is fixing the issue when it occurs.

I am beginning to look for a new device as PRIV is keep failing my expectations. Today in the morning when I picked up my phone my AdBlock-Browser was deleted, by itself(google security* scan made it?). I had to re-download that browser.

I only expect this phone-snooping for-our-good* to become worse in the coming years... unfortunately. Look at Pixel phone with photos/videos saved in the cloud, with good marketing for unlimited* storage for them. Slowly everything will move to cloud and instead of phones we will have only receivers* without any access to the information they are collecting about us and our behaviours/habits.

Thanks for the help tsac, have a good one!
Old 10-19-2016, 03:43 PM   #6
tsac
BlackBerry God

I suggested the channel sniffer to find out who is using what channel near you. Most routers wont list others nearby.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
tsac
BlackBerry God

I hear an echo
Closed Thread