pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: 2559B117
Carrier: Maxis

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tigers View Post
Maxis did a number on me over the BOLD. On 19th Sept got an email telling me to go to the Gardens on 20th to get the BOLD. I then get an sms from Maxis thanking me for reserving the Bold and also telling me to go get it from 20th-25th. So I go late afternoon on 20th.

SOLD OUT! They tell me its on a first come first serve basis and they are all sold out. What gives! If its that basis why tell me its been reserved. I can accept that its on a first come first serve basis except that they told me otherwise, I would have certainly been there when they first opened for business if that was the way there were going about. Having needed to go thru the weekend crowd to get there I must say that I was extremely annoyed

Sorry for the rant for my first post.

Anyway Celcom has contacted me to offer the BOLD at RM1888 if I switch over to them. That's very tempting after that debacle with Maxis. I have been only with 1 operator ever since I got my first cell more than 15 years ago. So before I make the move with MNP of course I would like to know from other Celcom Bold users, how is the 3G/Blackberry connection speed? Reliable?
TIA
Cheers
Hey 2tigers,

This is exactly what happened to myself. They should at least have warned us that units were limited. If like that "sebelum subuh" (before dawn) I would be camped out in front of the Maxis centre.

Cheers,

P.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #62
Ikurtmal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9K
PIN: 25587317
Carrier: Celcom MY
I was getting the sms from Maxis on friday to collect the device, so I went to KLCC at 10.30am but it was out of stock. Damn they asked me to write down my name and contact number again. Actually I'm a CELCOM user, until now never get any call from them.... CELCOM cust. Service is SUCKS!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #63
jaui
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Celcom

the new plan that i had to sign up on was for BIS. They just named it a business plan and they're asking people to sign under that one so that they can get the phone for the special 1,999 price.

it's rm98 for the BIS on celcom...
Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #64
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Is it possible to buy the Bold at Celcom centre's (Blue Cube?) as a walk-in customer and get the Bold?

Cheers,

P.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #65
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Fella's,

Service wise, either Maxis & Celcom, both seem alrite. As you know 3G speeds in this country is like Jeckyl & Hyde! Sometimes ok, and mos to the time, well frustrating. :p

Anyways, both providers are trying to fix the capacity issue as we speak. As for availability, that'll take some time of course, limitation in areas will see you syncing or surfing @ EDGE or even GPRS, which is a pain! Most BB users or even other non-bb users that use their devices for push-mail(WIndows CE, Symbian, etc) can second that of course. My Curve on EDGE is quite a chore when it comes to surfing. Rather just leave it and let it push my corp mail.

Either way you go, really depends on personal preference now. Maxis or Celcom. Some like 2tigers have been 'loyal' customer's with Maxis, as with me. Don't really see a point in switching carrier, unless they really provide rock bottom prices and killer service! Even though Celcom's prices are lower and should entice Celcom users and other carrier users, their Customer Service and overall knowledge of the BlackBerry is limited. If you are unfortunate and encounter probs with your BB, it is frustrating talking to them as pointed out by weileong. WIth Maxis, there are several guys from their CS of which can attend to your q's regarding BB or the BIS or BES service; i.e. Sylvester. Remember that name should you call Maxis Careline. :D He's very helpful and understands most of the common BB issues or concerns. :D

Then again, given the tough times we're going through and limitation in buying power, the Celcom deal's quite an eye opener... hehehe... cheap... very cheap indeed. RM1,999+BIS: RM98+Voice: RM30 min+2 yr contract? Why now? Hehehe... so indecisive.. ehehhe... ALL THE BEST!

Be Bold... :p (pun 'intended')
Old 09-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #66
jaui
Thumbs Must Hurt

i think celcom is going to start selling to the public sometime this week (the people who didn't reserve the initial 200 stock)... call up the blue cube in Pavilion and they'll let you know.

sorry to hear about all those people who turned up to maxis and it was sold out! that's so sad and something Maxis should have really covered. it's like, don't send out notices to people if you're not going to reserve one for them!

I'm having the same problem as Arul in that the thinking clock icon keeps popping up as if it's looking for something. i tried rebooting the phone by taking out the battery a couple of times... then i formatted my media card... i still can't figure out what the hell is wrong with it.

how do i just wipe out the whole thing and start afresh?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:25 PM   #67
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Jaui,

This will be good time to try and Upgrade to .147 and above OS.

Else, I think you can wipe it via Options> Advanced Options, I think. Better yet, as mentioned, just Upgrade the OS. Seems this is a Major Release by Orange & Telstra. Other carriers are slowly getting there...

All the best!

Cheers!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #68
jaui
Thumbs Must Hurt

yeah, just wiped the phone...

how do i upgrade the OS?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:39 AM   #69
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaui View Post
i think celcom is going to start selling to the public sometime this week (the people who didn't reserve the initial 200 stock)... call up the blue cube in Pavilion and they'll let you know.

sorry to hear about all those people who turned up to maxis and it was sold out! that's so sad and something Maxis should have really covered. it's like, don't send out notices to people if you're not going to reserve one for them!
Thanks for the update. I'll be heading to SIN tomorrow, but it is so expensive there and warranty will be an issue. Decisions, decisions. Maybe it's a blessing not to have a BB until after Raya, than I can be in peace

Cheers,

P.

PS: Anyone knows where there is stock in KL please let me know!!
Old 09-22-2008, 01:27 AM   #70
Ikurtmal

yahoo.....! At last i got the Bold BB on 11.30am today at Pavillion Blue Cube. As a current user, I only paid for RM1999. I got a called from CELCOM HQ (03-268XXXX) and asked me to collect at Pavillion and suddenly my name was not in the list to receive the device when I was in Blue Cube! WTF!!!

After a big shout with them, they surrendered the device for me....hahahaa

What I can say, BOLD is a great and superb device compare to my previous one (8707v)

Last edited by Ikurtmal; 09-22-2008 at 01:52 AM..
Old 09-22-2008, 02:27 AM   #71
weileong

Model: 9700
Carrier: Celcom Malaysia
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikurtmal View Post
yahoo.....! At last i got the Bold BB on 11.30am today at Pavillion Blue Cube. As a current user, I only paid for RM1999. I got a called from CELCOM HQ (03-268XXXX) and asked me to collect at Pavillion and suddenly my name was not in the list to receive the device when I was in Blue Cube! WTF!!!

After a big shout with them, they surrendered the device for me....hahahaa

What I can say, BOLD is a great and superb device compare to my previous one (8707v)
Yup, I received Celcom call as well , Btw , the unit you have izit with vadafone word at the unit ?

Welcome to BBB Family.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:03 AM   #72
Ikurtmal

Yep my set come together with the Vodafone label and wallpaper. Where u got the device and the price how much?
Old 09-22-2008, 03:33 AM   #73
othernet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: MOX

Yeah, I had a some strong words for Maxis too. Asked me to come at 10 am to collect, got there and the sets weren't there yet. Said they will call me, asked for phone number and should not be later than 12 noon. Guess what? No phone call. Luckily I marched back to the center and they were already handing out the sets to other customers who were there!

I asked the salesgirl what happened, and all she did was shrugged! I said to her she had better kept one aside for me and she sheepishly went to the back and pulled one out.

I think ever since that previous CEO left, Maxis' service have been getting from bad to worse!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:08 AM   #74
jaui
Thumbs Must Hurt

funny thing is that the preparation for the event was well advertised (good advertisments and emailers to their customers), but when it came to implementing the release, Maxis fell short of Celcom. I'm glad i got mine on the first day that Celcom had it available. No hassle and no fuss (except for the fact that I had to tweak my plan).

Still, Celcom's careline still had no clue as to when the phone was released. I called them on the friday morning to ask when the phone was available, the guy muttered something about maybe in a week and then i got a call that afternoon from another Celcom staff to tell me that I could go pick it up. haha, strange.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:26 AM   #75
weileong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikurtmal View Post
Yep my set come together with the Vodafone label and wallpaper. Where u got the device and the price how much?
I get from Maxis TTDI is from Pre Book . RM2199 Foc Original BBB silicon cover without any Plan.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 AM   #76
weileong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaui View Post
funny thing is that the preparation for the event was well advertised (good advertisments and emailers to their customers), but when it came to implementing the release, Maxis fell short of Celcom. I'm glad i got mine on the first day that Celcom had it available. No hassle and no fuss (except for the fact that I had to tweak my plan).

Still, Celcom's careline still had no clue as to when the phone was released. I called them on the friday morning to ask when the phone was available, the guy muttered something about maybe in a week and then i got a call that afternoon from another Celcom staff to tell me that I could go pick it up. haha, strange.

The funny thing was , When Celcom advertised in Star newspaper , I called the no which provided by celcom , they pass the line around and nobody notice the BBB is open for pre booking...so u can imagine how "talent" they are..
Old 09-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #77
arul
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: maxis

has anyone updated their OS from the Maxis (or Celcom) default one to .147 or newer?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #78
Zach-MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by arul View Post
has anyone updated their OS from the Maxis (or Celcom) default one to .147 or newer?
Downloading now... will be updating soon
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #79
weileong

Quote:
Originally Posted by arul View Post

Just update mine to 4.6.0.150
Will try out any dif compare with 147 version
Old 09-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #80
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

.147 any different from default Maxis .146? I've downloaded, however, have yet to load it. Want to see if there are noticeable differences when upgraded. Battery life especially. If so, will take the plunge tomorrow. Any updates fella's?

Cheers!
Closed Thread