BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #21
njrick

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

FYI:

Received the Logitech today, it is the best sounding both on my end and on receiving end, even better than Plantronics. I called a lot of people today and everyone agreed that quality was the best.

The comfort is somewhere in between the Plantronics being unwearable and the Scala being the best. The problem is that the plastic part over the ear is a bit stiff. It's not awful but I need to loosen it up a bit to make it better. I wore it for several hours today and did get accustomed.

So will keep this one and hopefully it will only get more comfortable. Since the sound is the best, thats most important to me. I only will use it in my car so its not an all day accessory so the style doesnt bother me at all. But considering that the style is similar to Plantronics, I would have to assume that the extended mic is what makes the sound quality better than the others with the short mics?
Old 04-16-2005, 12:39 PM   #22
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinHsu
Eric5273 or anyone else,

Do you know if there's a car charger version of that dual charging mechanism you posted?

Quot'N Eric5273 " However, they do not recommend using it to charge from a USB port of a computer"

Who's "they" ? Blackberry? Just curious .... and what USB port do "they" recommend charging it from? - or am I just reading too much into it, and you just meant, the Moto mini-USB connection is not "recommmended" for any other device other then the V3 RaZR ?

Alternatively, has anyone tried using that adapter with an USB car charger?

-----

Back to the original topic of this Post, BT Headsets,

I have the MOTO 850 as well, and did notice the Echo'N issue but when I turned to volume down a bit, it seemed to have a dramatic decrease on the amount of echo'n. Has anyone else noticed this with their Echo'N BT Headsets ~ any brand?

They are "Motorola" and you can use the Y adapter with a BB vehicle charger.

http://store.bizshopr.com/motch706.html

http://store.bizshopr.com/rimrac41731.html

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 04-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #23
tobenning
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default Bluetooth disables itself

Has anyone had BT disable itself on a Verizon 7250? Turning the BB off and then back on restores BT.

BTW, I am using the Sony HBH-660 and it works fine.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:17 AM   #24
ronin17

Model: 7250

My craptacular review of the Logitech Mobile Pro: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=7383

I am using it with a 7250 from VZW and zero complaints here.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:10 AM   #25
kaydo

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon

tobenning, that happens to me too. On two different Blackberries in my organization so far Bluetooth becomes disabled and takes a hard reset (haven't tried simply turning off and on) to restore it again, then I have to repair the headset all over. Very inconvenient since there's no notice that when I answer a call the headset just won't work. Even worse when one of my users has the same problem.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:26 AM   #26
lenemery
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: att
Default gotta agree that the logitech mobil pro is the only

decent bt for the 7250. have tried several other brands. this is the second version mobil pro i've had. no problems with the first one, but this one only lasted about two months and wouldnt charge.

i've been waiting for about 40 days now for logitech to send me a replacement. they didnt even want to swap my old one. they just discard them. but 40 days is ridiculous.

guess i'll shell out for another one
Old 05-11-2005, 03:28 AM   #27
lenemery
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: att
Default just noticed same disabled bluetooth

status, that i can't enable on 7250. what's up w that?

what type of reset do you mean by hard? my understanding is that there are three or so levels of reset possible.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:09 AM   #28
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

how odd to hear that you have all had problems with the hs810. I have had none of these problems. I wish though that there was a feature added that would minimalize the amount of wind noise when outside.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #29
tripletdad

I have an HS810 that I have been using for a year with a Moto V710 Phone. It is flawless when paired with the V710.

Using it with my 7250, I find a few minor issues:

- Volume is much lower
- Some crackling and drop out

I know my headset is fine, so I have to pin it on the 7250. My question is: is it likely that I have a "bad" 7250, or is this pretty much par for the course with a 7250?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #30
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

This is normal for 7250. We all keep waiting for RIM to fix Bluetooth issues.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 05-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #31
racerx356

John,
First, thanks for all of your research and input on the headset issue. Thanks to you and the others here, I think I have it narrowed down to the Flamingo and the Logitech Mobil Pro. I have a 7250, and was wondering if you have used the Flamingo on your 7250 yet, and how was it? Has anyone else tried the Flamingo with the 7250?
Thanks everyone.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:24 PM   #32
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

I returned my 7250 before my 30 days was up when I realized the problems and saw no fix in the near term. When i got the Flamingo to test I had already returned the 7250. Perhaps some other member will get a Flamingo that has the 7250 and provide us with a report and sound samples.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 05-19-2005, 06:53 AM   #33
BaronVonBB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

I've been pleased with the performance of the Motorola HS 850 on my Nextel 7520 BB. As some other posters have pointed out, it does have some echo issues if you turn the volume up too high. However I have been able to find a good balance between echo and volume by putting the volume at about 1/2 way.

On an even nerdier note, I've taken to wearing the darn thing on a lanyard around my neck as I wander about the office. Silly I know, but I've found it's a good way to strike up BB Evangelazing type conversations with co-workers who ask what the heck it is!
Old 05-19-2005, 07:42 AM   #34
ceoboba

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
I returned my 7250 before my 30 days was up when I realized the problems and saw no fix in the near term. When i got the Flamingo to test I had already returned the 7250. Perhaps some other member will get a Flamingo that has the 7250 and provide us with a report and sound samples.
I put this post in the review forum, but it pertains to this thread as well:

I just bought the Flamingo and paired it up with my BB7250. All I can say is wow! I love this headset. Without a doubt, this is the best headset I have ever owned.

Better than my:
Nokia HDW-3
Scala 500
Plantronics M-3000
Motorola HS-850

The sound is nice and loud. The comfort is the best I have seen. More comfortable than the Scala and Motorola. The person on the other side could not tell the difference if I was using it or the BB. The pairing is super easy as well (about 3-5 seconds to connect). No echo, and almost 0 crackling near and afar from the BB. This is a keeper for awhile. A little pricey, but well worth it.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:38 AM   #35
Mthr1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I just received my Flamingo...and unlike you, I had a few issues with echo evident on the other party's end. I agree with your other assessments regarding comfort and voice quality, however, I need to experiment more with the echoing issues.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:30 AM   #36
BB_WayCool

Anymore feedback on Flamingo. I have been using the BT250 which as has been pointed out picks up too much ambient noice. Was going to try the Logitech and then heard about Flamingo...ambient noice is not good, echoing is totally unacceptable.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:31 PM   #37
jhferry

Model: 8830

I have had the disconnecting problem big time. I also for the first time today had the bluetooth disable thing happen to me. Its very annoying. Any word on If Rim is going to fix this?
Old 06-16-2005, 11:48 PM   #38
Mthr1

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_WayCool
Anymore feedback on Flamingo. I have been using the BT250 which as has been pointed out picks up too much ambient noice. Was going to try the Logitech and then heard about Flamingo...ambient noice is not good, echoing is totally unacceptable.
I have posted my personal review of the earpiece on a different thread on this forum... My Flamingo Review
Old 06-17-2005, 08:41 AM   #39
patrick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: VERIZON

Funny -

I have no issues with the HS820 with my 7250.....

Patrick
Old 06-23-2005, 03:13 AM   #40
dangerousbehavior

Ok, it is my birthday in a few days and I think I am going to hint for the Logitech Mobile Freedom. I have several Logitech products and find that their mice, speakers, etc are well made and they give good tech support. Hoping their track record continues.

njrick, I know you were using the Logitech Freedom and the last you posted you said that you liked it, except for the comfort issue.
Are you still giving it the same review?
Have you gotten use to the ear pain?

Anyone else that has had a Freedom for awhile, care to comment?

Thanks!
Closed Thread