BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #21
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Most people that post and favor S2 like it better because of the typing thing. And typing is what most touchscreen users complain about right away, the iPhone included. Sounds to me like BB built a better mousetrap this time. Typing is a big feature of smartphones. The OS is the other big one.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #22
legallyaddictive

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

They've solved the biggest annoyance with typing on the Storm 1 namely that most BlackBerry users are used to not completely removing their finger before pressing the next key. On the Storm 1, this was annoying because it would just skip your click but with proper multi-touch on the Storm 2 typing works the way typing on a BlackBerry should.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #23
kwgrimes

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

OK, I have always been leary about the Storm because I thought it was a poor attempt at trying to get close to the iPhone. Once I got over that its NOT and iPhone, that it was a BB, I took the plunge and ordered one. It got here yesterday. I love it. Its responsive, it actually has some memory for apps, its sleek, it looks cool, and it performs. I'm still testing it, but I think this is a definate keeper and I'm sorry all those that bought the first gen, may be stuck with an inferior model. But, I always say, never buy the first generation of anything. Stay tuned...
Old 11-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #24
atuarre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwgrimes View Post
OK, I have always been leary about the Storm because I thought it was a poor attempt at trying to get close to the iPhone. Once I got over that its NOT and iPhone, that it was a BB, I took the plunge and ordered one. It got here yesterday. I love it. Its responsive, it actually has some memory for apps, its sleek, it looks cool, and it performs. I'm still testing it, but I think this is a definate keeper and I'm sorry all those that bought the first gen, may be stuck with an inferior model. But, I always say, never buy the first generation of anything. Stay tuned...
I think that is the mistake most people make. They try to compare it to that abomination known as the iPhone. You can't do that, otherwise you will never get any where. Every device is different and each device has strenghts and weaknesses. I got a Storm2 (my first Storm experience) and I love it. I do not know what the whole learning curve thing is, because I immediately knew what I was doing. I have never touched one before, not even in the VZW store. I guess I'm just a genius, or ascended or something. Any who. I love it!

You just can't go around comparing phones like that and you can't go by reviews either. You need to make your own determination.