BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
brosenz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default 8800 from Blackberrystuff.com, questions ?

Please Login to Remove!

I was thinking to buy the 8800 unlocked from BlackBerry Accessories - RIM BlackBerry accessories store.

Blackberry 8800 Devices - Blackberry Mobile Phones

Nonetheless I have some doubts, maybe some of you have previous experience:

1.- Currently I have a BB 8700c with Cingular, this one will work ?, eventhough it is not a Cingular customized phone ?

2.- The front color of the device is Black ?, I've seen the Cingular 8800 and it is Dark Blue

3.- Who will provide me the warranty of the Device ?, RIM ?

4.- What it is the default theme ?, what are the main differences with the 8800 Cingular is selling ?

5.- Where I will be able to upgrade de Device OS ?, directly with RIM ?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
tr4driver
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosenz
I was thinking to buy the 8800 unlocked from BlackBerry Accessories - RIM BlackBerry accessories store.

Blackberry 8800 Devices - Blackberry Mobile Phones

Nonetheless I have some doubts, maybe some of you have previous experience:

1.- Currently I have a BB 8700c with Cingular, this one will work ?, eventhough it is not a Cingular customized phone ?

2.- The front color of the device is Black ?, I've seen the Cingular 8800 and it is Dark Blue

3.- Who will provide me the warranty of the Device ?, RIM ?

4.- What it is the default theme ?, what are the main differences with the 8800 Cingular is selling ?

5.- Where I will be able to upgrade de Device OS ?, directly with RIM ?

Thanks
Why not just buy it from Cingular for $450?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

1. Yes. "Customizations" don't matter with Blackberries as configuration is handled by the service books which are automatically pushed to your BB when it registers on the carrier's wireless network.

2. Ask the seller. Don't rely on photos if the difference between midnight blue and black matter to you. There are plenty of photos where the Cingular 8800 looks black.

3. Warranty is generally handled through the carrier but Cingular isn't going to cover a non-Cingular device (no carrier will cover a device that isn't one of theirs). You should ask the seller about this as well.

4. There's no telling without knowing the specifics of the device that this place is selling but it's more than likely that differences are mostly cosmetic. As for themes, you can always load and/or unlock the ones you want so there's no reason to base your purchase decision on the supplied themes.

5. Upgrading the OS of the device can be done regardless of the carrier/prodiver of the device. You can load another carrier's OS so again, this isn't really a buying decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4driver
Why not just buy it from Cingular for $450?
Maybe he wants an unbranded and unlocked device with BB Maps out of the box. Of course, that assumes that the information and photos on that site are 100% accurate. However, I'd say that it seems dubious to me. Again, I'd recommend verifying everything with the company selling the unlocked 8800 at the link given above.

Last edited by takeshi; 03-13-2007 at 09:51 AM..
Closed Thread