BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
nedatkins

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default AstraSync, BBerrysync, SyncJE, or NotifySync?

Please Login to Remove!

Although I eagerly migrated to Verizon Wireless's BB Storm when my Windows Mobile based Samsung i760 died last week, I miss the complete wireless synchronization I had with ActiveSync. For my small business, I need to maintain all received and sent email on my desktop PC, along with an instantly updated appointment calendar and contact list, while simultaneously having all this up-to-date data on my PDA, now a BlackBerry. Which one works best with the Storm -- AstraSync, BBerrysync, SyncJE, or NotifySync? I'm considering one of these if it is fully compatible, if it forwards attachments that can be opened, and if it synchronizes reliably and consistently. Thanks for any guidance!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
bbcrackman

Model: a few
PIN: yes
Carrier: verizon / TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedatkins View Post
Although I eagerly migrated to Verizon Wireless's BB Storm when my Windows Mobile based Samsung i760 died last week, I miss the complete wireless synchronization I had with ActiveSync. For my small business, I need to maintain all received and sent email on my desktop PC, along with an instantly updated appointment calendnar and contact list, while simultaneously having all this up-to-date data on my PDA, now a BlackBerry. Which one works best with the Storm -- AstraSync, BBerrysync, SyncJE, or NotifySync? I'm considering one of these if it is fully compatible, if it forwards attachments that can be opened, and if it synchronizes reliably and consistently. Thanks for any guidance!
You can enable Desktop Redirector in you DM and it will sync your email and contacts and appoinments. After install just enable wireless sync on your BB and you should be up and running
Old 03-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
nedatkins

Default How do you "enable wireless" sync?

bbcrackman (or anyone else),
Can you please walk me through where/how on the BB Storm to "enable wireless" sync? And, will this work on BIS, since I'm not on any BES? And, are you sure that this will wirelessly synchronize contacts and calendar? Thanks!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
marcop

Model: Storm
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Best of only two

Quote:
Although I eagerly migrated to Verizon Wireless's BB Storm when my Windows Mobile based Samsung i760 died last week, I miss the complete wireless synchronization I had with ActiveSync. For my small business, I need to maintain all received and sent email on my desktop PC, along with an instantly updated appointment calendar and contact list, while simultaneously having all this up-to-date data on my PDA, now a BlackBerry. Which one works best with the Storm -- AstraSync, BBerrysync, SyncJE, or NotifySync? I'm considering one of these if it is fully compatible, if it forwards attachments that can be opened, and if it synchronizes reliably and consistently. Thanks for any guidance!
I Had a similar demand and found only two to be useful: Astrasync and NotifySync. After some intensive evaluation, NotifSync was by far the better option. Astrasync twice killed my BB Storm, last time I even had to send it back for repair!
NotifySync works great and the OTA installation really was a peace of cake, but I have to be honest: this was only AFTER when I had a GREAT support call to give "stupid me" some tips that I could have red as well...

Marc O.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
CEV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Any other opinions from anyone using either of these?
Thanks
Old 04-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Have you looked at GoogleSync for Calendar and Contacts? Calendar sync works great for me and its free.

I get email via BIS, the 15 minute delay poses no problems at all for my business. Then I have Google Calendar sync configured to help keep the BB, laptop, desktop, home PC and wife's PC all up-to-date with my calendar info. Don't use contact sync as that is pretty static info for me, but been told it works very well.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
officea

Model: 9500
Default Office Accelerator BlackBerry Sync

Quote:
Try Office Accelerator BlackBerry Sync from baselineconnect.com. There web site is Office Accelerator with BlackBerry Sync. They have the only turnkey sync solution available today.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
Gweedz

BBERRYSYNC, avoid this service at all costs.
First off it doesn't work on your Storm.
Second, this is not a professional company. I've been trying to contact them for a refund and I am getting no response through the online support, emails generated from their site or directed to the domain registrant are being bounced back.
Next step is to register a complaint with the better business bureau or possibly legal action.

Once I started having problems I did some more research and found floods of emails all echoing to same concerns of servers consistantly down, zero support, and inability to get refunds. I really wish I would have done this research before sending my payment.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
Gweedz

BBERRYSYNC, update.

I have received a refund, case closed.
I can't help but think my posts on this forum as well as CrackBerry forum prompted a response, I am grateful for these forums!

Trying out ThinkPost now, I'll keep you all posted.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telus

Hey folks,

Just wanted to pitch my product in here as well.

Review on BBF: http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-...-ota-sync.html

Also, please note that for Googlesync, any items not within the 1 month before to 6 month after timeframe will be deleted. Sadly, most users don't find this out before this happens, but just a headsup.

If you have any questions, please email us (support[at]thinkpost.net). I don't want to hijack the thread =) Thanks folks!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweedz View Post
BBERRYSYNC, update.

I have received a refund, case closed.
I can't help but think my posts on this forum as well as CrackBerry forum prompted a response, I am grateful for these forums!

Trying out ThinkPost now, I'll keep you all posted.
you will be happy with thinkpost. Great product and great customer service.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #12
mdavro

Carrier: Verzon

I have been using NotifySync for a few months now, pretty much since I got my Storm, and it's awesome. I demo'd it and then paid for a license. Does everything it says it does, all OTA, and now I only do OTA syncs, never do the USB cable sync thru BB desktop mgr (I still plug in every day, but I don't have contacts or calendar sync'd, just to check for updates etc). If you're used to Activesync, this is as close as you can get to it. Once they improve the email interface so it looks more like BB, it will be perfect!
Closed Thread