Old 12-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
Balaurul27
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cosmote
Default LED Flashing

Please Login to Remove!

How do I make the LED flash after a missed call on my Bold 9000 ?
It only works for sms , bluetooth..
thanks
Old 12-25-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2165f8ed
Carrier: Fido

Welcome to the forum.

Mine flashes after a missed call but only for like 2 minutes or something and then it stops. No way to change that buddy. u can however install free apps where u can set all sorts of colours and times for ur LED. Unfortunately i can't think of any right now however they are all inside App World but i don't know where, LOL. So there, i'm kinda helpful, lol. Hopefully someone else will post after me and fill in the blanks. Hang in there.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaurul27 View Post
How do I make the LED flash after a missed call on my Bold 9000 ?
It only works for sms , bluetooth..
thanks

Find the icon on your applications screen for profiles. It may look like a loud speaker, or something similar, with an overlay image to indicate the set profile. If you can't figure it out, check the help application on the blackberry.

Click that icon, and then scroll down. You should see the various profiles to choose from, and then perhaps "advanced" or something ... click on that. If you've accidently simply changed your profile, go back and do it again until you've opened a screen that lists the profiles and below that your active profile exceptions.

Highlight a profile you want to change, select menu, and then select edit. Scroll down to the message address you want to edit, then click. Scroll down to "repeat notifications" and edit the setting to change to "LED Flashing".

Edit the other profiles as desired. Note there are settings for in the holster and out of the holster.

Also, you may see things and steps a little different than what I've written because of your model and OS. Hopefully I've given you enough of the general idea.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
weath
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

I don't believe the default Profiles in the BB OS will have the LED flash for a missed call (ie: continue to flash AFTER the phone stops ringing). BerryBuzz does this and a lot more. There is a 7 day trial, and the cost is US$5.95 after that. Bellshare - BerryBuzz

I don't know if there is any freeware that does the same, but BuzzMe looks similar and has a free version if you want to try it (I haven't used it).

Edmund Burke 1729-1797
Old 12-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2165f8ed
Carrier: Fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Find the icon on your applications screen for profiles. It may look like a loud speaker, or something similar, with an overlay image to indicate the set profile. If you can't figure it out, check the help application on the blackberry.

Click that icon, and then scroll down. You should see the various profiles to choose from, and then perhaps "advanced" or something ... click on that. If you've accidently simply changed your profile, go back and do it again until you've opened a screen that lists the profiles and below that your active profile exceptions.

Highlight a profile you want to change, select menu, and then select edit. Scroll down to the message address you want to edit, then click. Scroll down to "repeat notifications" and edit the setting to change to "LED Flashing".

Edit the other profiles as desired. Note there are settings for in the holster and out of the holster.

Also, you may see things and steps a little different than what I've written because of your model and OS. Hopefully I've given you enough of the general idea.
i don't remember any of this in 4.6 which is the OS i assumed he was using. Im using 5.0 and i can customize the LED notifications but i remember b*tchin' about 4.6 that i couldn't do that.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Y'all are right. My brain was somewhere else and I missed that the OP was asking about "missed" call.

If it is any consolation, one can set the phone otpions to show missed calls in the message folder.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
Balaurul27
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cosmote

Thanks
Closed Thread