Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
kingc223

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel
Default BES and Blackberry webmail account

Please Login to Remove!

Hello.....

My blackberry 7520 (Nextel) is attached through a BES and I also have the blackberry email service running on it as well for my hotmail account. I get all my mail just fine. But when I reply to a forwarded hotmail email, it get's sent through my works BES and has that address as being from my work email. Is there some way I can have the mail I respond to from my hotmail account show as it's being sent from at least the blackberry web client address or or overrid the email address with a custom signature of some sort?

I imagine this has been talked about in the past, and curious to know if there is a work around.

Thanks for the Help

K223
Old 03-23-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingc223
Hello.....

My blackberry 7520 (Nextel) is attached through a BES and I also have the blackberry email service running on it as well for my hotmail account. I get all my mail just fine. But when I reply to a forwarded hotmail email, it get's sent through my works BES and has that address as being from my work email. Is there some way I can have the mail I respond to from my hotmail account show as it's being sent from at least the blackberry web client address or or overrid the email address with a custom signature of some sort?

I imagine this has been talked about in the past, and curious to know if there is a work around.

Thanks for the Help

K223
Is your Hotmail forwarding set to forward to your BB Email account?
Old 03-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Just learned this yesterday, thanks to the help of other folks on these forums: scroll to the top of the message and where it says Send Using: change the option to whichever account you want it to appear from.

But, if you're replying it should send from the address it is received from. I use both BES and BIS and if I reply to a message sent to my BIS account, the reply shows as having been sent from the BIS account.

You should only have to change the Send Using option if you initiate a message and want it to appear to be from your BIS account. I'm trying to send myself a test message now to make sure what I'm saying is true but apparently my e-mail provider is down. I've done it before though, and that's how it worked. I'll update this message if I find out otherwise.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
kingc223

Yes I am forwarding to my BIS account and not the BES. I looked for the option everywhere and anywhere in the inbox and in within the reply message for and option called SEND USING and could not find this. I don't see how I can change whether it to appear from my BES or BIS account that has received the forwarded hotmail messages. I used this account a while ago (The BIS) and of course it worked fine. It seems when working in conjunction with the BES work account it does not as I was stating.

Any other ideas? Maybe I am still not doing what I need to?

Thanks Again

K223
Old 03-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
OtisK

Model: 7100i
PIN: na
Carrier: sprint

try going to options/message service and switching from desktop to webclient you can switch it using the space bar, big hassle i know but I think that might be the only way
Old 03-24-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
kingc223

Thanks, but I was not able to change it from Desktop to Webclient. I did not even get Webclient as an option, so I could not change. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 12:16 AM   #7
jscully
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 3066853A
Carrier: Bell Mobility

try re-sending your service book from your BIS.

if you get an e-mail sent to your BIS account, and hit reply, it should reply using your BIS account. Vice-versa for your BES account. with 4.0 you can't change this function.

the only work around...ie. you recieve it on your BES and you want to send using your BIS, you have to forward it. Open the message, hit more all so the entire message is there, then hit forward, select the address...remove the "fw:" replace with "re:", scroll up above the from and to info, and change the "send using" from desktop to webclient.

The only other thing that I can think of, if the service book doesn't solve the issue, is that there's a BES rule that disallows BIS as a messaging client.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:22 AM   #8
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

jscully is correct. In a clarification of my earlier post, replies go out the way they come in. If it comes in through BES, it goes out through BES. If it comes in through BIS, it goes out via BIS. No way to change that. The only time you can choose which service to use is when you initiate an e-mail from scratch. That setting is at the very top of the message.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #9
kingc223

Under options I actually just put in my email address that I am forwarding the mail from to my BIS which is a hotmail account and now it works great.

I do not beleive I had to use this option when I was only running BIS before. But with BES as well, it had to be set.

This was it....

Reply-to address

By default whenever someone replies to a message sent from your account, the reply will be sent to this address.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
Gareth.Hooper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodacom

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/168)

Service books, service books, service books....always the first to check and resend...

Last edited by Gareth.Hooper; 03-24-2006 at 03:23 PM..
Old 03-25-2006, 10:07 AM   #11
kingc223

Yes I also did a resend of the service book as well from my BIS account. So between that, and taking this other option, It works great.
Closed Thread