Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
ebruder
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T
Default AT&T 9900 Compatibility with earlier apps

Please Login to Remove!

I picked up an AT&T 9900 today (first the store sold), and I am VERY pleased with it. The AT&T interactive tutorial is a little too basic, but it beats nothing. The phone really has some very nice features, and I will have just a brief learning curve.

There were/are some compatibility issues when using "change device" from a Bold 9000. AT&T Navigator, a must have for me, did not display properly, so a delete of the program and grabbing the app from BB World took care of that, and it works perfectly. The interface is different; probably slightly improved. The old version of DocsToGo doesn't work, but a compatible version is included. I'll have to figure out which one is good so I can delete the old one.

A neat little app called CarFinder is acting up, so that probably needs a delete and reinstall.

I think everything else transferred perfectly including my bookmarks on the browser. Special ring tones, auto on/off and a few other settings did as well.

I really like BlackBerry Protect, which goes a bit beyond Apple's similar locator/locking functionality, which I have on my iPad2, by backing up key data in the cloud (if you want).

Nice phone.

EB
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off