Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
asaberan

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Reconcile works BB-->Mailbox but not Mailbox --> BB

Please Login to Remove!

So I'm running BPS 4.1.4.17 in an Exchange 2007 environment. BPS is running on it's own server. I have added BesAdmin to the domain and given it all proper Exchange Permissions, etc. Works fine except for the following two issues:

I'm having one problem with all BlackBerry's (Curves, Storms, Word Editions, etc.):
Reconcile only works from BB --> Outlook mailbox, but not Outlook Mailbox --> BB. For example, if I delete an email from the BlackBerry, it will also delete in my Outlook mailbox, but if I delete it on my Outlook Mailbox, it does NOT delete on the BlackBerry.
I have verified that Reconcile is set to True on the BPS server and it is also set on the device to "Wireless Reconcile: On." I've tried turning it off on the device and then back on again, nothing. I've tried Resending Service Books, I've tried Resending IT Policy (which I changed nothing-still default), I've tried "remote wipe handheld" and activated the device again, I've tried restarting the server, etc. none of this did the trick.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm having this problem on my account only:
When I activate a device with my mailbox, it refuses to load all of the messages that are still in my mailbox. I've turned Wireless Reconcile on and off, I've set "Hide Filed Messages" to no and then yes, I've tried removing the device and adding it again, etc. This only seems to occur with my mailbox, not any of the 5 others I have activated.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaberan View Post
but if I delete it on my Outlook Mailbox, it does NOT delete on the BlackBerry.
I have verified that Reconcile is set to True on the BPS server and it is also set on the device to "Wireless Reconcile: On." I've tried turning it off on the device and then back on again, nothing. I've tried Resending Service Books, I've tried Resending IT Policy (which I changed nothing-still default), I've tried "remote wipe handheld" and activated the device again, I've tried restarting the server, etc. none of this did the trick.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
1. How long are you waiting for the Outlook --> BB reconciliation to take place. It could be upwards of around 20 minutes.
2. Does choosing 'Reconcile Now' on the handheld work in this case?
3. How is the deletion being performed in Outlook? Is the message being moved to the Deleted Items folder, or is it hard deleted?
4. If it's Hard Deleted, do you have Hard Delete Reconciliation enabled on the BES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaberan View Post
I'm having this problem on my account only:
When I activate a device with my mailbox, it refuses to load all of the messages that are still in my mailbox.
Pre-population by default will only load 5 days or 200 messages, whichever is reached first.
The maximum you can set is 14 days or 750 messages.

Additionally, pre-population will only occur for a "new" user... so if you're reactivating the same device for an existing BES user, pre-population will not occur at all.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
asaberan

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
1. How long are you waiting for the Outlook --> BB reconciliation to take place. It could be upwards of around 20 minutes.
2. Does choosing 'Reconcile Now' on the handheld work in this case?
3. How is the deletion being performed in Outlook? Is the message being moved to the Deleted Items folder, or is it hard deleted?
4. If it's Hard Deleted, do you have Hard Delete Reconciliation enabled on the BES?
1. Hours, even days in some cases.
2. No, "Reconcile Now" does not work either.
3. Deleted into the deleted items folder.

Quote:

Pre-population by default will only load 5 days or 200 messages, whichever is reached first.
The maximum you can set is 14 days or 750 messages.

Additionally, pre-population will only occur for a "new" user... so if you're reactivating the same device for an existing BES user, pre-population will not occur at all.
There are 11 items in my inbox that go back to May 28th, most of which aren't showing up. I saw an option on the device that said to load the previous 30 days, that doesn't work?

This same device was added for me three times, the first time it did work properly, but the second time i did a remote wipe and added it again-0 messages populated (except new ones received after the activation). The third time it populated old messages that have been read and deleted in my Outlook mailbox.

I'll try to delete myself as a user and add back in to see what happens again.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

Wirelessly posted

For the delete issue, make sure in your e-mail option, e-mail reconciliation on the BlackBerry device that the option delete on is set to mailbox and handheld.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Red through this thread. It's the best I've seen on the subject.
Email Reconciliation overview and troubleshooting - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection
Old 06-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
asaberan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrinjones View Post
Wirelessly posted

For the delete issue, make sure in your e-mail option, e-mail reconciliation on the BlackBerry device that the option delete on is set to mailbox and handheld.
I've already done that.

Quote:
Red through this thread. It's the best I've seen on the subject.
[apparently I can't post links?]
Thanks, I've read most of that and tried everything there. None of it works.

I hate calling RIM support because all they do is link me to some damn knowledgebase article that just wants me to reconfigure the permissions.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

If you delete items using Outlook Web Access instead of the Outlook client on a PC do the reconciliations happen faster ... or at all?

By using OWA you're ruling out any client side problems.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
HopHead84

Model: 9000
Carrier: Telstra

Sorry to res this thread, but I've got the exact same issue as the OP and havn't been able to find a solution anywhere. Running in a BES environment with nearly 1000 users, this is the only known user with the problem. Tried all the suggestions in this thread, on the BB knowledge base and others to no avail. Odd thing is, the message deletes fine on the device when it's deleted from OWA. But recreating the local outlook profile or using a different PC doesn't help. So it only occures from Outlook Client, but I don't think it's broken.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
wren
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

are these particular users in question using local PST files in outlook?
Closed Thread