Please Login to Remove!

does anyone know or have the blackberry connect software for MOTOROLA Q

please help
Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I don't believe there is BB Connect software for the Q.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
cupid

Model: CURVE
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel (T-Sel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
I don't believe there is BB Connect software for the Q.
i tought so to....
but why people are talking about it? they say that there is a software for windows mobile 5 or 6 but whren i tried on my brother's Q it didn't work..... thats why i put a thread on this forum....

btw, check it out here: BlackBerry -

if i'm not mistaken, it says that MOTO Q Support blackberry......but all i know is moto Q does support "Microsoft direct push" and POP/IMAP pushmail...
i'm just shahirng guys....

thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid View Post
i tought so to....
but why people are talking about it? they say that there is a software for windows mobile 5 or 6 but whren i tried on my brother's Q it didn't work..... thats why i put a thread on this forum....

btw, check it out here: BlackBerry -

if i'm not mistaken, it says that MOTO Q Support blackberry......but all i know is moto Q does support "Microsoft direct push" and POP/IMAP pushmail...
i'm just shahirng guys....

thanks
The devices themselves don't support it. The carrier usually makes the software available for download. And, according to that, it shows the only carrier supporting it for the Q is Bell in Canada.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Old 10-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #5
sems
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
The devices themselves don't support it. The carrier usually makes the software available for download. And, according to that, it shows the only carrier supporting it for the Q is Bell in Canada.
Bell in Canada and Verizon in US supports it and provides download links. Unfortunately, they are BBC v2.1, not 4.0
Old 10-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
azieba

Model: 7130E
Carrier: VZW

Verizon does not support Blackberry Connect on the Q. I have both 2.1 and 4.0. You can install it, but never connect to the Blackberry network. Verizon will not enable access to the Blackberry network. It is against their policy to do so as it is not a standard config. I tried many times and escalated to Sr. Tech Support. Sr. Tech Support new what I was talking about but said they cannot do it -- they will get in trouble. I also tried this with my Treo 650. Right now the only US carrier that supports it is AT&T. You can also get T-Mobile by telling them you have a Blackberry and they will configure it for blackberry service, but do not support it. Some users have been able to convince Sprint to enable it -- but not all. If you ever get it going with Verizon, let us know how you did it.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
sems
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by azieba View Post
Verizon does not support Blackberry Connect on the Q. I have both 2.1 and 4.0. You can install it, but never connect to the Blackberry network. Verizon will not enable access to the Blackberry network. It is against their policy to do so as it is not a standard config. I tried many times and escalated to Sr. Tech Support. Sr. Tech Support new what I was talking about but said they cannot do it -- they will get in trouble. I also tried this with my Treo 650. Right now the only US carrier that supports it is AT&T. You can also get T-Mobile by telling them you have a Blackberry and they will configure it for blackberry service, but do not support it. Some users have been able to convince Sprint to enable it -- but not all. If you ever get it going with Verizon, let us know how you did it.
I haven't actually done it with Verizon myself, but I have seen users reporting that Verizon supports it on my personal site and couple other sites.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
WinMob6BBC4

Model: Dash
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile (Dash) and Verizon (Treo 700wx)
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sems View Post
I haven't actually done it with Verizon myself, but I have seen users reporting that Verizon supports it on my personal site and couple other sites.
I would love to know more...thanks!