BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
csllh

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Question What application shows up best on BB?

Please Login to Remove!

I am looking to create information sheets regarding various upcoming events (mainly information about the 5W and 1H) for a group of blackberry users (majority has the Curve model).

I am looking for guidance and may be someone's experience on what application to create my information in and what things I should watch out for.

Format is flexible but my concern is to display properly so information is easy to read like viewing from PC. I understand the blackberry screen is a lot smaller so text and format may be shifted and therefore I am needing guidance on this

I think email may work and just LIST everything out. It won't be pretty and I have to type the headings for every events (expects to be over 100)

Then I thought about MS Word where I could just use a template (with the headings pre-typed and I just tab through the fields). I probably have to pay attention to margins and indentations as they don't show up properly on BB. I also noticed check boxes don't show up on BB as well. Any other limitations?

Can someone give me some advice on this? Thanks very much.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

5W and 1H who?

If you're just creating a document, I'd stick to either a simply formatted HTML email, or even plain text. The original Curve models came out in OS 4.2, without any HTML email formatting, and unless you are certain ALL your friends have upgraded to OS 4.5 on the Curve 8300, 8310, and 8320, some few might only ability to read pure text.

So, as in all things in life, KISS. Keep it Simple Sir. or whatever
Old 01-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
weath
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Perhaps: Who What When Where Why (5Ws) and How (1H)? JSanders is, as usual, dead on: Simplest formatting (ie: plain text) would probably be best. Review screen width for the Curve, and format doc accordingly to minimize text wrapping.

Edmund Burke 1729-1797
Old 01-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
csllh

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the advice.
Yes weath is correct on the 5W and 1H.
I will like to minimize text wrapping. What is the calculation to set the margin according to the screen width. My default text is BBAlpha Sans. What is the closest match for this font family in MS Word?
Closed Thread