Old 01-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #161
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
Frisco - It must've taken virtually forever to tap all that out on your buttonless i330. You must be exhausted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
Why are you talking about the i330? I got rid of that phone years ago. Some kind of insult in your statement?
This is how backbeat thinks..... who can I target?.... or be critical of...

Quote:
I note you still have not posted anything whatsoever to support your statements/position. Hmmm..... come to think of it, I'm not sure what your position is. All you have done is called me a liar, label me as dishonest and called my posts stupid, uh excuse me, "vaccuous." [sic].
Greetings, SanFrancisco
It seems like you and I are simply driving _backbeat crazy_ with our intelligent, well thought out posts. Posts which are exactly what a forum like this is for. Great lively conversation and discussion. Sharing various viewpoints, experience and knowledge in a productive beneficial way. I like reading your posts, as I find them quite enjoyable and thought provoking.

Greetings, backbeat
You are welcome to participate and contribute in the spirit of positive, meaningful & responsible posts like the other members of this forum. Speaking for myself I have nothing against you, nor do I harbor ill will towards you.
All the best...
Old 01-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #162
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSilentScreamXx
i like cheese!!!
LOL! Me too!

Thanks for the giggle!

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled flame-throwers...
Old 01-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #163
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Frisco - It must've taken virtually forever to tap all that out on your buttonless i330. You must be exhausted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6
This is how backbeat thinks..... who can I target?.... or be critical of...
SF claimed to have used the Samsung i330, and further claimed that "my Samsung i330 cell phone had a total touchscreen interface". This proven to be complately false, as there are buttons-galore on its face and sides. Those who make claims have the burden of their support. That's life.

The willfull ignorance you display toward integrity is quite insightful. Please continue !

Cheerio
Old 01-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #164
aristobrat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6
No, ALL other phones will NOT suffer. Not for a moment. It will not send all the phone maufacturers back into the R&D labs, as they have never left. Not only that, they are far bigger players with much more vision, foresight, and experience
Quote:
We are already getting better technology and cool phones, companies like Samsung, and the others are laughing their asses off at the wild claims... "Works Like Magic!"... "It's Revolutionary"... that have resulted from the i-? presented at MacWorld.
And what has all of this "vision, foresight and experience" + "better technology and cool phones" yielded lately?

The RAZR? KRAZR?
Old 01-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #165
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat
And what has all of this "vision, foresight and experience" + "better technology and cool phones" yielded lately?

The RAZR? KRAZR?
Exactly! Prehistoric-level evolutionary refinement to justify and preserve their R&D budgets. No vision. No leadership. Scared to death of pushing the envelope.

Just look at the Audiovox PPC4100 (from 4-5 years ago) and that 'new' LG Prada. Windows Mobile phones have pretty much dictated how any non-BB, intelligent phone is oriented with screen and navigational buttons. Even the Samsung i330.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #166
SanFrancisco

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:

SF claimed to have used the Samsung i330, and further claimed that "my Samsung i330 cell phone had a total touchscreen interface". This proven to be complately false, as there are buttons-galore on its face and sides. Those who make claims have the burden of their support. That's life.

The willfull ignorance you display toward integrity is quite insightful. Please continue !

Cheerio
The i330 had a total touch screen interface, the same as the iPhone will have. What this means is that all operations can be conducted by touching the screen. On the i330 the phone keypad was on screen and the PDA functions were operated with a stylus.

All devices that have a total touchscreen interface have convenience buttons to perfrom various functions should the user desire.

I suggest you stop with the accusatory and inflammatory words.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #167
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

All right, children. Relax. Enough flaming each other. Responding to each other simply eggs the other on.

Back on topic.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #168
SirCharles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

so how about them Colts...
Old 01-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #169
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmac
I want to look toward the positive. Apple comming into the market might force the Windows OS based phones to get better, and could influence the entire smart phone market into some cool directions.
And this is the simple point which has been restated so many ways that the iPhone-antagonistas refuse to consider. It's not about the iPhone, in particular, nor about Apple. It's about breaking out of this dust-filled environment of evolutionary advancement. It matters not where the inspiration comes from, as long as it kicks the R&D depts of the major players in the seat of their pants hard.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #170
TheBigNewt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCharles
so how about them Colts...
so how about 'dem Bears...
Old 01-22-2007, 04:09 PM   #171
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

That's enough Backbeat...
Old 01-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #172
habanero69
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Default Youtube Detailed Demo of iPhone

I didn't see any other posts/references to this so I hope its not a dupe... Not too bad really. Not sure about no keys at all (only touch screen) but size and features are pretty impressive. Lets see if it comes out relatively bug free with some sort of decent battery life.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk
Old 01-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #173
simeezee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

i personally don't like touch screen products. and i would not pay that much money for it.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #174
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanero69
I didn't see any other posts/references to this so I hope its not a dupe... Not too bad really. Not sure about no keys at all (only touch screen) but size and features are pretty impressive. Lets see if it comes out relatively bug free with some sort of decent battery life.

YouTube - A Closer Look At The iPhone
I have never liked touchscreen phones. The ones I have used [Samsung and Toshiba] had a "yuck" factor to them. Basically, I was always wiping the screen to clean off finger and cheek prints.

Also, it took a lot of concentration to make sure I hit the numbers on the screen's dial keypad. I can't imagine typing e-mails, etc. would be that much easier on the iPhone.

I think the Pearl's interface with a keypad/trackball is the way of the future.

The iPhone may be a hit with those who want a cool multi-media/cell phone combo device. But I don't see it attracting people who do a lot of typing, whether it be e-mails or text messaging.

One interesting thing to look out for: I wonder if Apple will make any changes to the iPhone between now and its release date due to reviews and feedback, for example, making the battery removable.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #175
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Quote:
I wonder if Apple will make any changes to the iPhone between now and its release date due to reviews and feedback, for example, making the battery removable.
Reasons why the battery must be removeable in Windows Mobile / Palm / Blackberry devices:

1) Operating system requires power cycling in order to fully 'reboot' itself;

2) Option to install a larger capacity battery vs stock due to OS and data connection requirements.

Given that neither of the above are known to be issues in a new OS device that will not be released for another 4 months (or more), this 'issue' has no objective foundation.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #176
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Reasons why the battery must be removeable in Windows Mobile / Palm / Blackberry devices:

2) Option to install a larger capacity battery vs stock due to OS and data connection requirements.

Given that neither of the above are known to be issues in a new OS device that will not be released for another 4 months (or more), this 'issue' has no objective foundation.
It's not only me saying the non-removable battery may be an issue, just about every review/criticism of the iPhone has mentioned the battery being an issue.

LINK iPhone battery non-removeable - Google Search

The fact is, the iPhone playing videos will be a big drain on battery power, so projections are that people may have a problem with the battery being non-removable. It has nothing to do with an OS.

Simple objective foundation is that when people are playing videos or accessing the Net with a portable device, such uses drain a battery real fast. Add to that talking on the phone and one can easily determine that a non-removable battery may be a problem.

It was even an issue with the iPod which resulted in Apple having a free iPod replacement program for awhile and now giving people a new iPod in exchange for their old iPod that has a bad battery [upon payment of $75 or so].

That is why it is surprising that Apple went with a non-removable battery for the iPhone.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #177
backbeat
No longer Registered.

New OS which cannot be objectively judged as to drain on battery life, regardless of the device's use. Rate of drain is what is at issue and what cannot be objectively defined. As you say, it may be an issue. Many things 'may' happen, none of which can be objectively defined at this time, and is therefore, speculative monkey-dust.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #178
nigletsyz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmo

whoa, did it get hot in here!

iPhone sucks!
-No it doesn't!!!
Yeah it does!!
ARGHHHH!!! *pulls out hair*

Thought I'd add my .02 about the iPhone competing w/ the Pearl... I believe it will definitely hurt Pearl sales, just look, the majority of new Pearl/Blackberry users are ordinary consumers that are looking for a sleek sexy design that has *most* of what's cutting-edge. (Majority of consumers don't know whats cutting-edge anyway) The Pearl doesn't even have it all, but look how successful it has become. The iPhone though, has its iPod status symbol already helping it get going, which will make it that much more desirable. I dont think its going to affect RIM as a whole, but people looking for a phone thats the latest and greatest aren't going to be picking up the Pearl when the iPhone is out.

Its pretty simple. Most consumers want what everyone else thinks is the "cool" thing to have, whether or not it really is, is debatable. Look at the Razr.

I do agree the "iPhone" name is weak. Since they announced it as a "widescreen video iPod, revolutionary internet device and phone all in one" they should have come up with something that emcompassed that in a better name than "iPhone"
Old 01-30-2007, 01:03 AM   #179
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigletsyz
whoa, did it get hot in here!

iPhone sucks!
-No it doesn't!!!
Yeah it does!!
ARGHHHH!!! *pulls out hair*
You are definitely right that the Pearl next to the iPhone, no way the Pearl can compete on a coolness basis. The Pearl looks like a steno machine next to the iPhone.

But I don't know how many people out there that want the iPhone because of the cool factor can actually afford it.

Most definitely, if we want to use Los Angeles as the test market, the iPhone will be "THE phone" to have, at least at the beginning. But I don't know how long the the iPhone can succeed once the initial excitement wears off.

It will be interesting to see how it does after consumers put it through all the use and abuse such devices encounter.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:25 AM   #180
Szadzik
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:

I don't know your experience with smartphones, but I had both WM and Symbian devices and none of them needed a battery pull to do a reset.

The Pearl is the first.
Closed Thread