BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
rod2y

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: XL
Default 9700 OS 6 browser problem, need help!!!

Please Login to Remove!

i installed OS 6 on my bold 9700 few days ago and have a problem with the browser. when I'm about to open a website the browser keep requesting until a message pop up says "unable to connect to the internet try again later. if the problem persist please contact your service provider". i tried contact my service provider they said that everything is fine for my data plan. i try to clear browsing data and memory cleaning then battery pull sometimes the problem seem to have gone but 15 minutes later it happened again.

does any one have the same problem? or can someone help me please.
thanks
Old 11-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Batman372

Model: 9700
Carrier: Mobinil

I have same issue.

Try to delete in option/advanced/service book the "blackberry web-browsing 2" & do a battery pull.
It worked out with some people.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
rod2y

Thanks a lot for the advice, I give it a go and will update later.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
rod2y

I did delete the “blackberry web-browsing 2“ and its seems to work. My question is what is blackberry web browsing 2? A few days after I deleted, the blackberry web browing 2 is back on the service book. Why it appear again?
Old 12-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
ukiya16

Model: 9780
Carrier: Globe Telecom PH
Default Re: 9700 OS 6 browser problem, need help!!!

If you delete the web browsing 2 service book, the browser will use your carriers normal data plan instead of BIS
Old 12-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod2y View Post
i installed OS 6 on my bold 9700 few days ago and have a problem with the browser. when I'm about to open a website the browser keep requesting until a message pop up says "unable to connect to the internet try again later. if the problem persist please contact your service provider". i tried contact my service provider they said that everything is fine for my data plan. i try to clear browsing data and memory cleaning then battery pull sometimes the problem seem to have gone but 15 minutes later it happened again.

does any one have the same problem? or can someone help me please.
thanks
When asking questions, its always a good idea to post your myver (type myver followed by a space and it converts like this 9700/6.0.0.358 )

Did you do these three things in order (AFTER you downloaded and installed the OS6 to PC?

1. Close DM

2. Delete vendor.xml in c:/program files/common files/Research in Motion/Apploader - folder

3. Run Loader.exe from the same folder ?

If not, that's likely the problem. Don't ever install unnoficial or different vendor OS's using any version of DM! Ever!

If unsure, go to BBsak.org and get ver 1.9 (free)

Backup your BB with DM. Then close DM

Then wipe your BB with BBsak

Delete that vendor.xml and run Loader.exe from that same folder

NOTE:
(Quoted from JSanders...)
Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman372 View Post
I have same issue.

Try to delete in option/advanced/service book the "blackberry web-browsing 2" & do a battery pull.
It worked out with some people.
Don't forget, some vendors aren't ready yet for BlackBerry 6 Webkit browser specific commands. I still have friends that are unable to use the browser and are having to use Opera Mini or Bolt.

If your provider has the Torch, then the browser will work.

The 9700 BB6 is a Torch reporting OS. Facebook sees it as such, and therefore, so does your network. So, I am not sure if this OS will work with providers currently offering the 9780 or 9670. If anyone has had success using the browser on a network that doesn't offer the Torch, I would sure appreciate a heads up
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
modena

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Telus
Default Re: 9700 OS 6 browser problem, need help!!!

I had some 6.0 problems with my browser initially but they magically cleared up. Maybe you're will too.

My browser default input box where you can normally search OR enter your url would only accept a URL and not searches! I actually had to go to google.com first (can't remember the last time I did that on any device) and type it in.

But after a few battery pulls it just fixed itself! Don't know why.
Closed Thread